Has any console ever seen price cuts like the Xbox One at this point in its life

#31The_DOAMPosted 4/13/2014 10:28:44 AM
Nope if this isn't and act of desperation than I don't know what is...

Launch a console than slash the price and all this right out of the gate plus all this hardware talk. You have to admit anyone who has bought an Xbox at this point is a beta tester.

Expect to get zip also as Wii users got free Wii Jackets up to four shipped directly to their homes free shipping after people started throwing the Wii motes into their TV's, 3ds ambassador program for pre price cut 3ds owners like 20 GBA and NES games that to this day are not available to regular 3ds owners plus its transferable, Wii U early adopters got 30 cent VC games which actually caused a stir in the news as apparently credit card companies actually lose money on a 30 cent transaction.

I expect to here Microsoft doesn't make mistakes the consumers do so if you bought a launch console congratulation beta testers. We will be introducing DX 12, BC, a couple new firmware updates and a price cut and you'll be getting zip for your loyalty. There was something else with the hardeware and software they said they were changing but I just can't remember.

Also Titanfall bundle would technically have been the first price cut more people probably bought that for the system than the game itself..
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#32josh924Posted 4/13/2014 11:04:26 AM
The_DOAM posted...
I expect to here Microsoft doesn't make mistakes the consumers do so if you bought a launch console congratulation beta testers. We will be introducing DX 12, BC, a couple new firmware updates and a price cut and you'll be getting zip for your loyalty.

I don't understand what you mean by "beta testers". The upgrades you mentioned will go out to every Xbox One owner, regardless of when they bought their Xbox Ones.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#33LotrMorgothPosted 4/13/2014 11:21:45 AM
i almost bought one of the titanfall bundles but glad i held out; am interested to see what comes of e3

the games i am really looking forward to aren't out until fall so I can buy X1 then

looks like child of light and watch dogs will be my last 360 games
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#34The_DOAMPosted 4/13/2014 11:40:43 AM
josh924 posted...
The_DOAM posted...
I expect to here Microsoft doesn't make mistakes the consumers do so if you bought a launch console congratulation beta testers. We will be introducing DX 12, BC, a couple new firmware updates and a price cut and you'll be getting zip for your loyalty.

I don't understand what you mean by "beta testers". The upgrades you mentioned will go out to every Xbox One owner, regardless of when they bought their Xbox Ones.

System should've been launched a year later than it did these modifications should've been done pre-launch. People don't want to hear about changes like these after the fact or price cuts so soon after the system launched. Sure it may be for the better but it makes you think how much effort went into development all these changes all at once also seems desperate. I know they have a new head and he is literally trying to rectify all the mistakes of his predecessor but to see a company plant it's foot into the ground then backtrack so many times since the reveal is troubling.

Year later release exclusives like Titanfall should be exclusives and not for PC the Kinect can't be a deciding factor for a console if it's being made and upgraded for PC so they'll obviously tackle it soon. During this time they should be touting future games putting thier resources to get exclusive games and hammering in a solid front for their media and marketing campaign. A marketing campaign that Phil said they've made mistakes on and starting from the ground up again.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#35FourManSevenPosted 4/13/2014 11:45:00 AM
The 3DS dropped it's price in less than 6 months because it was overpriced.
#36loafy013Posted 4/13/2014 12:11:42 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...
Handheld games these days are superior to console games. Console games waste their entire budget on pretty graphics leaving the game completely lacking in content and takes a hit in quality across the board. The cost of developing a console game also forces the developer to take less risks. The cost of making a handheld game is minimal in comparison so the developers have freedom to innovate which results in a much wider variety of software. Insulting handheld players is just your way of reassurance and a feeble attempt at diminishing the competition.

Assassins Creed 4, WWE series, Lego games are three console series/game that are big budget/beautiful and have more content then you could ever want.

Especially Lego games.

Can't say I'd disagree, but it reinforces the point about not taking risks on console games. Just more sequels to existing franchises.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#37robert_rangersuPosted 4/13/2014 12:16:28 PM
Does any one give a damn, N.....oh wait people care? Damn why do I come here.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.