To people who own Xbox One and a gaming PC, which do you prefer?

#212ndAtomiskPosted 4/12/2014 6:10:36 PM
Xbox One.

Bethesda games will always be a PC purchase for me. And there are quite a few MMO's I enjoy. Other than The Division, Black Desert Online is my most anticipated game at the moment. That being said, I don't game on it nearly as often as I do my Xbox.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#22PoweredMilkManPosted 4/12/2014 6:15:52 PM
Depends on what I'm in the mood to play. Steam games and indies on PC, most my other games on x1 or 360 or wii u.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#23Swab18Posted 4/12/2014 6:59:48 PM
Why on earth would anyone want to sit at a desk and play games? Please explain this to me? I like being on a couch and comfortable. The X1 controller slays any keyboard and mouse. The Kinect is a great feature.
---
Sobenofear has a crush on me.
#24ObtikPosted 4/12/2014 7:21:45 PM
I prefer my X1 right now. Hopefully PC gets some good new exclusives soon. Elder Scrolls looks really good.
#25GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 7:25:10 PM(edited)
Swab18 posted...
Why on earth would anyone want to sit at a desk and play games? Please explain this to me? I like being on a couch and comfortable. The X1 controller slays any keyboard and mouse. The Kinect is a great feature.

Yeah you tell em buddy, I mean its not like you can plug your preferred controller into your PC and sit where ever you plea..... Wait a minute....

Okok but a controller slays the mouse and keyboard, I mean analogue sticks are so accurate and responsive its not like you need aim assist or anythi..... Hang on ... Wtf?
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#26Swab18Posted 4/12/2014 7:45:01 PM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Swab18 posted...

Yeah you tell em buddy, I mean its not like you can plug your preferred controller into your PC and sit where ever you plea..... Wait a minute....

Okok but a controller slays the mouse and keyboard, I mean analogue sticks are so accurate and responsive its not like you need aim assist or anythi..... Hang on ... Wtf?

Why would I want a wired controller? Stopping chewing on your sticks and you won't need aim assist. Have fun with your aim bots, brah.
---
#27GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 7:54:27 PM(edited)
Swab18 posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Swab18 posted...

Why would I want a wired controller? Stopping chewing on your sticks and you won't need aim assist. Have fun with your aim bots, brah.

You would want a wired controller so you can get the best possible experience available hint:its on pc

Go ahead and turn your aim assist off on whatever passes as a competitive fps on a console and let me know how that goes for you.

Oh and in almost 400 hours of counterstrike I've encountered a grand total of 1 hacker, in a community server, who was banned in seconds.

Keep trying mate, I'm sure you'll find some sort of valid argument eventually.
---
#28_Flextacy_Posted 4/12/2014 7:53:03 PM
I got a ps4 at launch, and only just got my x1 this weekend, i have a high end gaming lap top as well, but i've always preferring gaming on consoles over pc, because back then pc games rarely had dedicated controller support, and using a mouse and keyboard on a lounge is a mission, and if friends are over it's even worse.. Atm i'm playing Towerfall heaps on PS4, it's honestly my fave game on the system atm.. i found Infamous SS very average, it had the same issues i had with the first 2..

I'm also spending a lot of time with EDF 2025 on 360

I havent used the x1 enough yet to know how i feel about it, but i hate where the lb are rb are now on the controller, it just doesnt fit as well to me, and i would assign those buttons to light punch and kick in fighting games and it just feels slightly awkward... I loved the 360 controller, but hated that horrible dpad, and i had the redesigned one, so id get all my fighters on pse, cos its dpad was excellent, but the rest of the controller sucked.. the ps4s new controller though is my fave atm, it just fits me perfectly, very comfortable as well.

When i game on the pc, i use either my wired 360 controller or the afterglow 360 controller, on PC i mainly play Mame, Mugen, Star Trek Online, Civ 5, Dirt 3 and Grid 2 <60fps ftw> and recently i've fallen in love with Goat Simulator, the Michael Bay Mission objective is just perfect, and i nearly died from laughing the first time i did it.
So overall atm, my Pc is most of the time used for audio engineering such as Cubase, Ableton Live etc, as well as programs like 3d studio max, Daz, and so forth

My Wii U gets a rare turn on for Mario 3d world, but it'll be getting lots of time when mario kart comes out.

My Ps3 will alse be getting at least 100 hours put onto it when i start FFX and FFX-2 HD collection, which i'm waiting a while before i start playing as i wanna be able to play long sessions.

My 360 is only used for EDF 2025 and Super Street Fighter IV

PS4 is turned on roughly 5 out of 7 days each week, if only to check out the live feeds to see what nutbags are broadcasting from their lounge rooms, the downloading and installing of games and updates is second to none though, you can have multiple large downloads happening, but it can also install multiple files at once too.. most games can be played near instantly too from the first time you put the disc in. The PS4's dash is the most basic, hideously ugly design i've ever seen, the cheap bastards wont even allow you to put custom wallpapers like you could on the ps3, and imo the ps3 dash was fantastic, simple yet elegant, and easy to use, where as the Ps4 doesnt have music, game, video folders, it just has one longggggggggg bar that everything is put onto, and it moves the items you most recently have used to the front of it. i really hope they sort this dash out soon, and give us mp3 support!.

X1 where as when i booted it up for the first time, it literally took over 10 hours to update and download everything i needed, the fact it could only download one item at a time, i found really tedious. the overall dashboard is considerably better than the 360s, but i find it irriating when you goto the store, and into games for instance there's no option to view all games.. you just have pre assigned lists to browse through. Also the kinect can't see my floor, its literally right there in front of my feet, i can see it, yet kinect insists there's no floor.. the old 360 kinect never had those issues, so i'm hoping there's a work around i can do.

For my PC though, Star Citizen is like my most anticapted game, i loved the Wing Commander games and cant wait for this, and same with Civ: Beyond Earth, they're the only pc exclusives im interested in atm, i'll be getting elder scrolls online on ps4 when it finally comes out.
---
Huge Huge Rockstar
#29Swab18Posted 4/12/2014 8:01:52 PM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Swab18 posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Swab18 posted...

You would want a wired controller so you can get the best possible experience available hint:its on pc

Go ahead and turn your aim assist off on whatever passes as a competitive fps on a console and let me know how that goes for you.

Oh and in almost 400 hours of counterstrike I've encountered a grand total of 1 hacker, in a community server, who was banned in seconds.

LMAO you have 400 hours in Counter Strike. I could out gun you in any FPS with my controller any day of the week. Enjoy your carpel tunnel and computer chair.
---
#30GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 8:05:13 PM
Swab18 posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Swab18 posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Swab18 posted...

LMAO you have 400 hours in Counter Strike. I could out gun you in any FPS with my controller any day of the week. Enjoy your carpel tunnel and computer chair.

Ladies and gentleman this is what denial looks like.
---