To people who own Xbox One and a gaming PC, which do you prefer?

#41quincy2000aPosted 4/12/2014 8:53:59 PM
I bought Titanfall for the PC after playing it on the Xbox One during alpha and beta and seeing "issues" when the action got too intense.

Best decision I ever made.

But this is only the third console/PC title I have for the PC. I was able to change my Xbox Skyrim order at the last minute after I found out all the mods that were available for the PC version.

But I do prefer the simplicity of playing on a console. No fuss, no muss. If you buy it, it works. Period.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
#42sonicteam2k1Posted 4/12/2014 8:56:41 PM
gaming PC. All the games i had for Xbone I sold. Now it's just collecting dust.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#43AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/12/2014 9:07:24 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
Xbox One is the way to go.

I like PC for mods mainly, but PC gaming tends to be boring

It has the lion's share of console releases as well, supports 360 controllers, free online and if you've got the hardware, you get the best version of the game possible.

That's a lousy excuse you made.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#44BoneRevolutionPosted 4/12/2014 9:36:57 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
Xbox One is the way to go.
I like PC for mods mainly, but PC gaming tends to be boring

It has the lion's share of console releases as well, supports 360 controllers, free online and if you've got the hardware, you get the best version of the game possible.
That's a lousy excuse you made.

It's called preference.
/topic

Why would anyone choose to play on PC's polluted online instead of top notch Bone's experience? Beyond me.
#45TenzhiPosted 4/12/2014 10:03:24 PM
I prefer just about any console to gaming on PC. I have a loathing of PC gaming that has been seasoned by over two decades of non-existent to poor controller support, fiddling with DOS memory settings to get games to run (no longer an issue, granted, but it's where the hate started brewing), fiddling with different versions of drivers to find one that works, dealing with program conflicts, and other random issues. I will game on PC only when there's a game I must play which won't be available on a console I own.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#46AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/12/2014 10:11:30 PM
Tenzhi posted...
I prefer just about any console to gaming on PC. I have a loathing of PC gaming that has been seasoned by over two decades of non-existent to poor controller support, fiddling with DOS memory settings to get games to run (no longer an issue, granted, but it's where the hate started brewing), fiddling with different versions of drivers to find one that works, dealing with program conflicts, and other random issues. I will game on PC only when there's a game I must play which won't be available on a console I own.

Being angry with the state of PC gaming anywhere from 10 to 20 years ago isn't a relevant reason to loathe it today.

None of those issues even exist in 2014 on PCs.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#47TenzhiPosted 4/12/2014 10:32:02 PM
Hogwash. In the last year or two I've had to roll graphic drivers back and forth to accommodate games, dealt with a program conflict, and had to use third party software to use a controller in more than one game. I seem to recall having to make an adjustment in the registry, grab some random .dll, and lord knows what other random things as well. I slowed down on PC gaming throughout last year, and sometime around October or so I decided I'd had enough. I no longer recall what the last straw was, but I've barely even turned on my PC since then.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#48DaLaggaPosted 4/12/2014 11:59:31 PM
Swab18 posted...
Justify that LOL purchase and StarCraft 2. It will get you nowhere. PC has console gamers to thank for keeping gaming alive. You're welcome, buddy.

That's a rather odd statement to make seeing as how console gaming has been dying for the past half decade while PC gaming has exploded in popularity and is bigger now than it ever has been before. Enjoy your bottom of the barrel performance, crappy controls, inferior online you have to pay for and complete lack of worthwhile exclusives.

And for the record, sitting upright in a comfy office chair about a 1 or 2 from the screen is the optimal way to game. There's a reason why even console gamers at competitions play under these conditions. Laying back on a couch 10 feet from the screen is fine for watching TV. But for gaming, you need concentration which is simply not possible under those conditions. Of course, console games mostly consist of button mashers or mindless turn based RPG's, so I guess you don't really need to focus much anyway.
#49TheMadTokerPosted 4/13/2014 12:11:51 AM
Tenzhi posted...
Hogwash. In the last year or two I've had to roll graphic drivers back and forth to accommodate games, dealt with a program conflict, and had to use third party software to use a controller in more than one game. I seem to recall having to make an adjustment in the registry, grab some random .dll, and lord knows what other random things as well. I slowed down on PC gaming throughout last year, and sometime around October or so I decided I'd had enough. I no longer recall what the last straw was, but I've barely even turned on my PC since then.

Which games?
---
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!" ~Murphy
http://terraria-server-list.com/server/1631/
#50mokmuudPosted 4/13/2014 12:18:07 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
DaLagga posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Idk why does the one look better.

And I would WORK you with a controller

http://i.imgur.com/o3kRd2P.jpg

You are comparing images in a very low res screenshot that is divided up into 3 windows and wondering why you can't see much of a difference... Seriously now?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/13/titanfall-xbox-one-vs-pc-graphics-comparison

That's a better comparison. The X1 version is a blurry, choppy, pixelated mess compared to the PC version. And you seriously think you'd be able to stand a chance against any half decent player with a M&K? Son, I'd run circles around you. Literally circles, while your slow analog stick failed to keep up. There's a reason why on the PC version they gave aim assist to controller users. Because even the developers know that controllers suck for shooters and so they have to compensate for that fact by giving them a crutch.

Nah you would get worked lol and a twitch movement based game like titanfall with bumper jumper I would out maneuver the hell out of you while you clumsily balked around getting embarrassed

Cmon LEGEND I know you love those crushed blacks and loss of detail.
Also even though I don't prefer KB/m controls 9/10 times someone proficient at using them will school someone using a controller.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539