To people who own Xbox One and a gaming PC, which do you prefer?

#61DaLaggaPosted 4/13/2014 1:59:57 PM
Laylow12 posted...
I enjoy 1080p resolutions so I stick with the PS4 for console games and PC for PC games. I also enjoy Nintendo Wii-U because it has more games in 1080p than the XBOX ONE. I just have an eye for quality, I guess.

Actually, the Wii U doesn't have a single exclusive that renders at 1080p. The only 1080p games on the Wii U right now are a couple of last gen ports (MH3 and WWHD) and Rayman Legends which was 1080p on the x360 and PS3 as well. The only game on the horizon for the Wii U that might actually be 1080p is SSB and that's likely due to the fact that the graphics look like something from the 6th generation. Even MK8 is almost certainly 720p based on available media.
#62LEGEND_725Posted 4/13/2014 2:24:33 PM
mokmuud posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
DaLagga posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Idk why does the one look better.

And I would WORK you with a controller

http://i.imgur.com/o3kRd2P.jpg

You are comparing images in a very low res screenshot that is divided up into 3 windows and wondering why you can't see much of a difference... Seriously now?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/13/titanfall-xbox-one-vs-pc-graphics-comparison

That's a better comparison. The X1 version is a blurry, choppy, pixelated mess compared to the PC version. And you seriously think you'd be able to stand a chance against any half decent player with a M&K? Son, I'd run circles around you. Literally circles, while your slow analog stick failed to keep up. There's a reason why on the PC version they gave aim assist to controller users. Because even the developers know that controllers suck for shooters and so they have to compensate for that fact by giving them a crutch.

Nah you would get worked lol and a twitch movement based game like titanfall with bumper jumper I would out maneuver the hell out of you while you clumsily balked around getting embarrassed

Cmon LEGEND I know you love those crushed blacks and loss of detail.
Also even though I don't prefer KB/m controls 9/10 times someone proficient at using them will school someone using a controller.

Lol crushed blacks? Use whatever terminology you want the X1 stacks nicely against the PC.

Lol @ random PC scrubs thinking they can work anyone with a mouse vs controller like that difference will make up for their subpar skill. And in a game like titanfall where everything dies so quick and movement is king bumper jumper ftw
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#63ZeroCool000111Posted 4/13/2014 2:32:27 PM
PS4
---
PSN (PS3,PS4,Vita): GrimReaper4383 - 360,Xbox One: CMaggotbone
The Simpsons Tapped Out: JasonVoorhees987
#64DaLaggaPosted 4/13/2014 2:34:25 PM(edited)
LEGEND_725 posted...
Lol crushed blacks? Use whatever terminology you want the X1 stacks nicely against the PC.

Lol @ random PC scrubs thinking they can work anyone with a mouse vs controller like that difference will make up for their subpar skill. And in a game like titanfall where everything dies so quick and movement is king bumper jumper ftw

Interesting. So now you concede that the M&K is superior but that controller users would still win because they have more skill? Yeah, that's why you have aim assist built into most of your games, right? That's why shooters designed for a controller have to be slow, have little to no recoil, and have mechanics that make headshots pointless, right? All a controller does is limit your potential skill level. And when games have to be dumbed down for the controller in the first place, all it means is that controller users don't even have the same opportunity to build up skill like you will by playing PC shooters.

And how exactly is jumping any better with a controller? The game does most of the jumping and parkour work for you. The main advantage from jumping is going to come from using a mouse so that you have a better idea of your surroundings (faster camera movement) and can react more quickly and precisely.
#65mokmuudPosted 4/13/2014 2:36:15 PM
LEGEND_725

Crushed blacks are never a good thing. Also Microsoft tested cross platform play back with Halo.
Do you know why they opted to keep the servers separate?
Because PC gamers were destroying the console gamers over and over.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#66LEGEND_725Posted 4/13/2014 2:41:16 PM
DaLagga posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

Interesting. So now you concede that the M&K is superior but that controller users would still win because they have more skill? Yeah, that's why you have aim assist built into most of your games, right? That's why shooters designed for a controller have to be slow, have little to no recoil, and have mechanics that make headshots pointless, right? All a controller does is limit your potential skill level. And when games have to be dumbed down for the controller in the first place, all it means is that controller users don't even have the same opportunity to build up skill like you will by playing PC shooters.

And how exactly is jumping any better with a controller? The game does most of the jumping and parkour work for you. The main advantage from jumping is going to come from using a mouse so that you have a better idea of your surroundings (faster camera movement) and can react more quickly and precisely.

Depends on the game the rest of your anecdotal blabber is not worth my time right now.

mokmuud posted...
LEGEND_725

Crushed blacks are never a good thing. Also Microsoft tested cross platform play back with Halo.
Do you know why they opted to keep the servers separate?
Because PC gamers were destroying the console gamers over and over.

Worked out here the PC version looks washed out. Oh and also people who are building computers for gaming are likely to be more hardcore then a console FPS player. Correlation does not imply causation wasn't all KM kiddo
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#67LEGEND_725Posted 4/13/2014 2:41:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ObpzVUM.jpg

Go crushed blacks! Xone looks much better
---
#68mokmuudPosted 4/13/2014 3:52:45 PM
LEGEND_725
Worked out here the PC version looks washed out. Oh and also people who are building computers for gaming are likely to be more hardcore then a console FPS player. Correlation does not imply causation wasn't all KM kiddo

That's not washed out. That's the way its supposed to look. Also KB/m controls are more accurate and allow for fasters movement and aiming and most PC gamers (myself included) have very precise mechanical keyboards and gaming mice. If you take 2 FPS gamers with the same skill levels but one exclusively uses a controller and the other exclusively uses a KB/m 9 out of 10 times the KB/m gamer will win. And that what MS found out with the Halo cross platform test they did.
---
#6930aught6Posted 4/13/2014 4:02:38 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...

Way too many artifacts to take that image seriously. The type face has so much grain it actually looks like someone scanned it.
---
| i7-3930K | MSI BB-XP II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | TT Grand 1200W | SG 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HD | Fractal XLR2 |
#70mokmuudPosted 4/13/2014 4:17:48 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...

That is a terrible quality image. Also we don't know what settings the PC version is at.
---