To people who own Xbox One and a gaming PC, which do you prefer?

#71Spartan_VicePosted 4/13/2014 3:29:32 PM
Don't worry guys, Legend's just a buster who can't hang with the hardcore.
---
Original GTA: Online Awesome Creator
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#72xJehodxPosted 4/13/2014 3:34:19 PM
Gaming PC.

Don't even know why this is a question, honestly.
A decent (hell even a bad one) can do more than the Xbox One, with no pay walls.
Heck, you can even use the Xbone controller for games if you feel like it.
---
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
#73LEGEND_725Posted 4/13/2014 4:38:45 PM
mokmuud posted...
LEGEND_725
Worked out here the PC version looks washed out. Oh and also people who are building computers for gaming are likely to be more hardcore then a console FPS player. Correlation does not imply causation wasn't all KM kiddo

That's not washed out. That's the way its supposed to look. Also KB/m controls are more accurate and allow for fasters movement and aiming and most PC gamers (myself included) have very precise mechanical keyboards and gaming mice. If you take 2 FPS gamers with the same skill levels but one exclusively uses a controller and the other exclusively uses a KB/m 9 out of 10 times the KB/m gamer will win. And that what MS found out with the Halo cross platform test they did.

So it's SUPPOSED to look washed out on PC? Uhhhh ok then lol
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#74MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/13/2014 5:08:23 PM
If you look at the IGN comparison video, Titanfall was ported extremely well to X1. It looks very close to the PC version, which is unsurprising because Titanfall really isn't a difficult game to run.

There is no contest about controls. M&K utterly destroys controller and always will. An FPS which is designed solely for console controls then ported over to PC as an afterthought will still have better control with a mouse than with control sticks.

It's all fine and great when we're talking about casual fps games like CoD or Battlefield, but when you step into the hardcore fps genre like CS, Quake, Tribes, UT, etc; where you need ridiculously fine precision and the ability to 180 in milliseconds, the person with a M&K will literally run laps around you while bunnyhopping and splashing you with rockets.

If you think it's better for your wrists, or it's more comfortable, that's fine. Just don't pretend that it compares to M&K in terms of performance because it just doesn't.

Oh, and all of the issues with PC's that people are complaining about aren't issues. I've been gaming on pc's since the dark ages. It is so ridiculously easy to update drivers now that it's the same as updating Adobe Flash. Hell, I don't even do anything anymore except click "install" when Nvidia Experience tells me there's a new driver. It automatically updates it.

PC is master race. Stop pretending that console gaming even comes close.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#75DaLaggaPosted 4/13/2014 5:10:59 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Depends on the game the rest of your anecdotal blabber is not worth my time right now.

There does not exist a shooter where a controller can compete with a M&K. And of course you don't want to acknowledge the rest of my post because it makes you look foolish.

Worked out here the PC version looks washed out. Oh and also people who are building computers for gaming are likely to be more hardcore then a console FPS player. Correlation does not imply causation wasn't all KM kiddo

That would kind of be the point. Not only will a M&K user of equal experience run circles around a controller user, but most PC gamers tend to be FAR more hardcore and experienced than your average console gamer. Either way though, a mediocre player using a M&K would put any so called pro gamer using a controller to shame (not that anyone worth being called a pro gamer would user a controller for a shooter, but meh).

LEGEND_725 posted...

It doesn't look washed out on the PC. That's exactly what the game is supposed to look like. The Xbone is just artificially making the game darker by default. You could achieve the exact same "effect" if you wanted on the PC by tweaking your monitor settings. But nobody in their right mind would do that because crushed blacks look bad. Need more proof? Here's what your crappy Xbone look like with its crushed blacks.

http://hexus.net/media/uploaded/2014/2/8e8bb962-dfd9-4476-8141-7e524804d415.jpg

Sorry buddy, but the Xbone version is terrible compared to the PC version. The framerate is crap on the Xbone, the resolution is a blurry mess, and the controls are terrible.
#76blacklabelicePosted 4/13/2014 5:15:31 PM
DaLagga posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Right now x1 since it had the definitive version of titanfall and PC for path of exile but mostly x1

The X1 had the superior version of Titanfall? Say what? Since when is 792p with massive framerate drops and crappy controls the superior way to play the game?

he's a fanboy. pay no mind.
#77LEGEND_725Posted 4/13/2014 8:18:25 PM
DaLagga posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Depends on the game the rest of your anecdotal blabber is not worth my time right now.

There does not exist a shooter where a controller can compete with a M&K. And of course you don't want to acknowledge the rest of my post because it makes you look foolish.

That would kind of be the point. Not only will a M&K user of equal experience run circles around a controller user, but most PC gamers tend to be FAR more hardcore and experienced than your average console gamer. Either way though, a mediocre player using a M&K would put any so called pro gamer using a controller to shame (not that anyone worth being called a pro gamer would user a controller for a shooter, but meh).

LEGEND_725 posted...

It doesn't look washed out on the PC. That's exactly what the game is supposed to look like. The Xbone is just artificially making the game darker by default. You could achieve the exact same "effect" if you wanted on the PC by tweaking your monitor settings. But nobody in their right mind would do that because crushed blacks look bad. Need more proof? Here's what your crappy Xbone look like with its crushed blacks.

http://hexus.net/media/uploaded/2014/2/8e8bb962-dfd9-4476-8141-7e524804d415.jpg

Sorry buddy, but the Xbone version is terrible compared to the PC version. The framerate is crap on the Xbone, the resolution is a blurry mess, and the controls are terrible.

Ill work you with a controller kid. And LOL 20 years of gaming but now anything that's not "1080p" is a "blurry mess" This is why gaming is becoming what it is
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#78BilliePilgrimPosted 4/14/2014 1:01:21 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
So the topic title is:

To people who own Xbox One and a gaming PC, which do you prefer?

Yet we have this guy say,

BilliePilgrim posted...
Gaming PC.

So much so that I haven't even bothered buying an x1 yet.

K....?

Was just about to mention this. A few of the people stating their preference are simply trolling since they don't even have a XBO.

http://www.rustledjimmies.com/
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#79Jeh64Posted 4/14/2014 2:49:40 AM
Xbox one at the moment, but when I run out of games I got a steam backlog to take care of.
#80lightfighterPosted 4/14/2014 3:35:55 AM
I prefer my gaming PC.
But I don't regret my Xbone purchase.