[3HP] Bots ruin Titanfall

#41SunDevil77Posted 4/12/2014 7:24:14 PM
3HP posted...
You people need to reevaluate your understanding of the term "bot". Minions/creep in MOBAs are not bots. Bots take the place of would be human players(i.e. champions/heroes in a MOBA or grunts in Titanfall).

Were you on the development team?
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#42Jedi454Posted 4/12/2014 7:27:11 PM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Its sweet you care about me so much your looking me up. But please use a little common sense, I'm telling you I'm a huge MGS fan, obviously I would want to play ground zeroes, and plat it if i had time, i did not because I rented it. I already said I'm not insane, if I was I'd have already bought xbone.

I'm curious what kind of RPGs you play, and why you seem to hate jrpgs... Are you racist?

1. How does buying an Xbox One make you insane?
2. Why are you on the forums if it's an insane console?
3. I'm so insane in the membrane that i'm going to buy the next dudebro shooter Wolfenstein to kill some Nazis.
4. I don't have anything against JRPGs, but they've gone into a terrible direction since the early 3D era. Anime girls half naked with over the top figures with "kawaii" based storylines that are incredibly cheesey and sad. I was all for the classics like Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy V, Breath of Fire 2, but JRPGs went to the dogs. Now I like a lot of mainstream WRPGs such as The Elder Scrolls series, Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, Fallout series, The Witcher series, Diablos, etc..
---
Get Good Kid.
#43GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 7:28:03 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
3HP posted...
You people need to reevaluate your understanding of the term "bot". Minions/creep in MOBAs are not bots. Bots take the place of would be human players(i.e. champions/heroes in a MOBA or grunts in Titanfall).

Does he need to be to state very obvious facts that xbots are ignoring over and over?
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#443HP(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 7:30:58 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
3HP posted...

Ignoring the fact that the point you are trying to make is terrible as well as you not specifying the development team for which game(or how that would even be relevant to this conversation), being on any given development team wouldn't give me the right to try and change the meaning of an established idea/term.

If minions were bots then there wouldn't be "bot games" in LoL(where you play against A.I. controlled champions) because every game would be a bot game. Bots =/= minions. Please stop with the idiocy.
#45SunDevil77Posted 4/12/2014 7:37:14 PM
3HP posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
3HP posted...

Ignoring the fact that the point you are trying to make is terrible as well as you not specifying the development team for which game(or how that would even be relevant to this conversation), being on any given development team wouldn't give me the right to try and change the meaning of an established idea/term.

Are you trying to say that the bots in Titanfall "would be" human players?
The developers stated that they tried higher player counts. It didn't work like they wanted it to.

GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Does he need to be to state very obvious facts that xbots are ignoring over and over?

You guys really need to stop flaming the hell out of anyone who disagrees with you. Christ, you can't even hold a conversation. It's childish.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#46LEGEND_725Posted 4/12/2014 7:40:53 PM
Damn I've riled all the ponies up and now they are in a state of insane reverse trolling/flaming lol
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#47jairusmonillasPosted 4/12/2014 7:47:50 PM
Bots are fine.. but 6 vs 6 is not acceptable. so if the reason they can't add more players are because of the bots then its better without the bots however if its because of XBOX ONE's WEAK HARDWARE then we are talking.

Hell, X1 can't even run the game in 900p.

Titanfall 2 for PS4 would be huge it's probably going to get 12 vs 12 and X1 gets 6 vs 6 with bots lol.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#48GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 7:49:37 PM
Jedi454 posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Its sweet you care about me so much your looking me up. But please use a little common sense, I'm telling you I'm a huge MGS fan, obviously I would want to play ground zeroes, and plat it if i had time, i did not because I rented it. I already said I'm not insane, if I was I'd have already bought xbone.

I'm curious what kind of RPGs you play, and why you seem to hate jrpgs... Are you racist?

1. How does buying an Xbox One make you insane?
2. Why are you on the forums if it's an insane console?
3. I'm so insane in the membrane that i'm going to buy the next dudebro shooter Wolfenstein to kill some Nazis.
4. I don't have anything against JRPGs, but they've gone into a terrible direction since the early 3D era. Anime girls half naked with over the top figures with "kawaii" based storylines that are incredibly cheesey and sad. I was all for the classics like Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy V, Breath of Fire 2, but JRPGs went to the dogs. Now I like a lot of mainstream WRPGs such as The Elder Scrolls series, Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, Fallout series, The Witcher series, Diablos, etc..

With the desperation price drops and xbones biggest game getting given away with the console, you might well be insane to buy now and not wait for it to hit bargain bin prices. Also to get a little tin foil hat on you, maybe m$ will bring back DRM, since it was only turned off at the flick of a switch.

I'm on the forum because its a forum, to discuss xbone, positive or negative, so here I am discussing.

SunDevil77 posted...

GuiltySoul2005 posted...

You guys really need to stop flaming the hell out of anyone who disagrees with you. Christ, you can't even hold a conversation. It's childish.

Who's flaming you? the xbots who ignore a valid complaint get flamed, you are not ignoring it, you are discussing it, you're flat out wrong but you get points for effort.

Let's use csgo as an example of how bots have worked for a long time. If a server doesnt have enough players in it, bots are added to flesh out the teams. As more players join, the bots get removed until there are no bots left and only human vs human. I dont play mobas so bare with me but as i understand it minions are there to intentionally grind, to level up the human players/buy items?

MINIONS in a fps are not the same as bots. Minions bad, bots good.
---
#49LEGEND_725Posted 4/12/2014 7:54:26 PM
Lol so the minions in titanfall ate the same as the bots in ghosts squads?#ponylogic
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#50GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 8:00:08 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
Bots are fine.. but 6 vs 6 is not acceptable. so if the reason they can't add more players are because of the bots then its better without the bots however if its because of XBOX ONE's WEAK HARDWARE then we are talking.

Hell, X1 can't even run the game in 900p.

Titanfall 2 for PS4 would be huge it's probably going to get 12 vs 12 and X1 gets 6 vs 6 with bots lol.

If bf4 can handle 64 players, tf should be able to handle more than 12.

I'm more inclined to believe that for whatever reason, the developers didn't take the time to balance the game around the player counts. The higher the player count, the more effort balancing takes.

I dont want to hear no crap about " 24 titans on the map would be too imba", limit the amount of titans that can be deployed per team or "the combat was too hectic with attackers coming from all angles", then adjust the freaking map size and layout. See? Balance, it's hard, it takes effort, but it makes for a better game than the joke that is 6v6 + bots. With enough time and effort anything can be balanced.
---