[3HP] Bots ruin Titanfall

#71Sevi_neyPosted 4/12/2014 11:06:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#72Cornbread4lifePosted 4/12/2014 11:13:48 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
Why do bots bother you guys so much? It's easy to tell pilots apart from them, so they're easily ignored. Also, they have no relevance on the score except in attrition, where they're basically worthless, but then you could just play pilot hunter where they actually don't count towards your team's score at all.

If these things trip you up that much, I have to assume you're not that good at the game. All they are for me is atmosphere.

Wow, just wow. You either haven't read anything in this thread, or you're completely moronic.

I was responding exactly to what TC posted in his OP. But sure, be a jerk.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#73Sevi_neyPosted 4/12/2014 11:17:37 PM
Sorry :)
---
http://tinyurl.com/lyh5apd
^video representation of the Xbone board^
#74Stefan1277Posted 4/12/2014 11:35:12 PM
3HP posted...
the competitive nature of online shooters

lol, screaming kids, campers, cheaters, sore losers, sore winners, "death" treats, tea bagging, annoying amateurs who refuse to get better out of trolling, disconnecting trolls etc.

You must either really like shooters to ignore all of these or be knee deep in filth to want to be around it.
---
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/
#75highwindmtPosted 4/13/2014 12:19:20 AM(edited)
Stefan1277 posted...
3HP posted...
the competitive nature of online shooters

lol, screaming kids, campers, cheaters, sore losers, sore winners, "death" treats, tea bagging, annoying amateurs who refuse to get better out of trolling, disconnecting trolls etc.

You must either really like shooters to ignore all of these or be knee deep in filth to want to be around it.

I'm sorry, but how does any of that make a game uncompetitive? I swear most people on this board have the reading comprehension of a 10 year old and the common sense of an ape.
---
PSN: insane_method
GT: FozzieBearr
#76Reginleif20Posted 4/13/2014 12:33:38 AM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Titanfall ruins titanfall. Bad game is bad. Ugly too.

This. Such a mediocre game was overhyped. It's clearly not "nextgen" lol since it hardly looks any better than 360 version.
I traded my copy in.

The bots are lame...game does not need bots. Lol

---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#77jairusmonillasPosted 4/13/2014 2:41:20 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Bots are fine.. but 6 vs 6 is not acceptable. so if the reason they can't add more players are because of the bots then its better without the bots however if its because of XBOX ONE's WEAK HARDWARE then we are talking.

Hell, X1 can't even run the game in 900p.

Titanfall 2 for PS4 would be huge it's probably going to get 12 vs 12 and X1 gets 6 vs 6 with bots lol.

If bf4 can handle 64 players, tf should be able to handle more than 12.

I'm more inclined to believe that for whatever reason, the developers didn't take the time to balance the game around the player counts. The higher the player count, the more effort balancing takes.

I dont want to hear no crap about " 24 titans on the map would be too imba", limit the amount of titans that can be deployed per team or "the combat was too hectic with attackers coming from all angles", then adjust the freaking map size and layout. See? Balance, it's hard, it takes effort, but it makes for a better game than the joke that is 6v6 + bots. With enough time and effort anything can be balanced.

You just owned yourself.

BF4 on 360 doesn't have 64 players.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#78GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/13/2014 9:28:25 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Bots are fine.. but 6 vs 6 is not acceptable. so if the reason they can't add more players are because of the bots then its better without the bots however if its because of XBOX ONE's WEAK HARDWARE then we are talking.

Hell, X1 can't even run the game in 900p.

Titanfall 2 for PS4 would be huge it's probably going to get 12 vs 12 and X1 gets 6 vs 6 with bots lol.

If bf4 can handle 64 players, tf should be able to handle more than 12.

I'm more inclined to believe that for whatever reason, the developers didn't take the time to balance the game around the player counts. The higher the player count, the more effort balancing takes.

I dont want to hear no crap about " 24 titans on the map would be too imba", limit the amount of titans that can be deployed per team or "the combat was too hectic with attackers coming from all angles", then adjust the freaking map size and layout. See? Balance, it's hard, it takes effort, but it makes for a better game than the joke that is 6v6 + bots. With enough time and effort anything can be balanced.

You just owned yourself.

BF4 on 360 doesn't have 64 players.

What the hell? I was agreeing with you and no where did you mention the 360, you specifically mention xbone twice. You owned yourself here pal.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#79lunaticcorePosted 4/13/2014 10:28:16 AM
The bots don't take the place of players
They are cannon fodder so that there is always something to kill. They are needed because you can have a full team of tanks walking around and not have anything to shoot if the other team hides. The bots are a risk and reward system that temp you to kill them for points and unlocks but give away your position. They also work as camo for pilots moving through the map. They muck up the visuals making it easier for people to run around without getting shot by every corner and window in the map. They are also add fun to the game in the form of call outs and jokes.

They aren't going anywhere, and I disagree that they should.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#80Juzten76Posted 4/13/2014 10:33:21 AM
This fanboy war is so sad. I agree with TC though.