Why has Ms been so secretive about Titanfall sales data?

#11Jedi454Posted 4/12/2014 10:24:30 PM
Titanfall is published by EA, not Microsoft. Try harder TC ;)
---
Get Good Kid.
#12Millertime660Posted 4/12/2014 10:26:12 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Tweekster13 posted...
When has microsoft ever held back what they think is good news?

never, which means it's bad news. Sony and MS like to brag, if they're not bragging about their newest product, then it's a flop.

Must be bad news hahaha. Give me a break
#13HorridhalPosted 4/12/2014 10:26:26 PM
Jedi454 posted...

As an MS exclusive.

With MS taking care of the servers across all platforms.

Bundled with the X1.

Still think TC is the one who needs to try harder?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#14OMGWYATTPosted 4/12/2014 10:50:09 PM(edited)
When they do, it will be for every available platform or won't be a sales number at all, to make it sound impressive. Expect "100 million Titans dropped" or something close to it.

Microsoft has done this for basically everything using buzzwords and shortcut phrases like "fastest selling" and using sold to retailers numbers instead of actual consoles purchased. Microsoft isn't the only company guilty of this, but they've managed to screw up just about everything and are paying the price for it now.
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL: Riotsquad18
#15Goregasm17Posted 4/12/2014 10:49:59 PM
Good games aren't based on how many people buy it. Stop looking at sales, they do not help you, they help the people who are in it to make money. If you show your care only lies within how much something sold rather than the experience it offers, you will continue to see your hobby of gaming turn into more and more of a turd each year.
#16Jedi454Posted 4/12/2014 10:52:51 PM
Horridhal posted...
Jedi454 posted...

As an MS exclusive.

With MS taking care of the servers across all platforms.

Bundled with the X1.

Still think TC is the one who needs to try harder?

What can I say, MS take care of their devs that work on their platforms. :)
Titanfall on Ps4 would be a sub-par experience if they were using EA servers. I'm pretty sure even the 360 version is using EA servers, dunno though.
---
Get Good Kid.
#17OMGWYATTPosted 4/12/2014 10:52:57 PM
Goregasm17 posted...
Good games aren't based on how many people buy it. Stop looking at sales, they do not help you, they help the people who are in it to make money. If you show your care only lies within how much something sold rather than the experience it offers, you will continue to see your hobby of gaming turn into more and more of a turd each year.

People often confuse simply being curious or enthusiastic about something with "caring too much". I don't need to own Microsoft or Sony to be curious about them. I don't own the Colts or Pacers, nor do I play for them, I still care about them.
---
#18Millertime660Posted 4/12/2014 10:55:27 PM
OMGWYATT posted...
Goregasm17 posted...

People often confuse simply being curious or enthusiastic about something with "caring too much". I don't need to own Microsoft or Sony to be curious about them. I don't own the Colts or Pacers, nor do I play for them, I still care about them.

So you care how many tickets they sell for their games?
#19OMGWYATTPosted 4/12/2014 11:24:01 PM
Millertime660 posted...
OMGWYATT posted...
Goregasm17 posted...

yes? it makes a team look bad when the stadium is half-full of empty seats.
---
#20SabramPosted 4/12/2014 11:46:47 PM
OMGWYATT posted...
Millertime660 posted...
OMGWYATT posted...
Goregasm17 posted...

yes? it makes a team look bad when the stadium is half-full of empty seats.

This guy gets it.
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram