Why has Ms been so secretive about Titanfall sales data?

#41HorridhalPosted 4/13/2014 5:14:53 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Titanfall is published by EA, not Microsoft. Try harder TC ;)

As an MS exclusive.

With MS taking care of the servers across all platforms.

Bundled with the X1.

Still think TC is the one who needs to try harder?

Since when is MS taking care of PC servers?

And yes, TC is the one who needs to try harder. EA is still the publisher, EA is still the one meant to deal with this information.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/25028-titanfall-status-update-from-respawn-confirms-servers-are-indeed-having-problems-fix-quickly-issued/

Titanfall is run on MS Azure servers, and no TC isn't the one who needs to try harder.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#42Hvv0l24n9Posted 4/13/2014 6:23:07 AM
Why is this board full of negative topics?
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#43dnmtPosted 4/13/2014 6:32:27 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...

MIcrosoft's hubris.
#44Hvv0l24n9Posted 4/13/2014 7:21:20 AM
dnmt posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...

MIcrosoft's hubris.

What hubris?
---
#45Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/13/2014 7:24:43 AM
It took MS longer than normal to talk about their February NPD sales too. Which were good. If you want Titanfall sales talk come back Thursday.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#46HorridhalPosted 4/13/2014 7:26:18 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
dnmt posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...

MIcrosoft's hubris.

What hubris?

There are several examples, but the best one to me was the #dealwithit crap they pulled when asked about always online.

Refusing to admit that they were full of themselves leading into this gen doesn't make it any less true.
---
#47Hvv0l24n9Posted 4/13/2014 7:31:13 AM
Horridhal posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
dnmt posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...

MIcrosoft's hubris.

What hubris?

There are several examples, but the best one to me was the #dealwithit crap they pulled when asked about always online.

Refusing to admit that they were full of themselves leading into this gen doesn't make it any less true.

One guy speaking on his own accord said that, and the system was meant to be always online. Even still, it's not. So what's with you people?
---
#48HorridhalPosted 4/13/2014 7:39:44 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
dnmt posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...

MIcrosoft's hubris.

What hubris?

One guy speaking on his own accord said that, and the system was meant to be always online. Even still, it's not. So what's with you people?

So I guess we are just going to ignore the whole "We know what you want better than you do," attitude MS had prior to the 180's?

MS got a big head and got slapped down for it. There is literally no other way to look at it. That is why you had the reversals and that is why he said MS's hubris was to blame.

Also, mine was just an example but, if he is on the payroll for your company and considered a public figure his words carry weight. Saying that he was "just one guy" like he wasn't being paid to do what he was doing is idiotic. He was a spokesperson for the company and, like it or not, his words were a reflection of the company stance.
---
#49josh924Posted 4/13/2014 8:31:51 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Because why does Microsoft care about the sales of an EA published game?

Why aren't you asking why EA has been so secretive about TItanfal sales?

---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#50Hvv0l24n9Posted 4/13/2014 8:51:18 AM
Horridhal posted...
So I guess we are just going to ignore the whole "We know what you want better than you do," attitude MS had prior to the 180's?

MS got a big head and got slapped down for it. There is literally no other way to look at it. That is why you had the reversals and that is why he said MS's hubris was to blame.

Also, mine was just an example but, if he is on the payroll for your company and considered a public figure his words carry weight. Saying that he was "just one guy" like he wasn't being paid to do what he was doing is idiotic. He was a spokesperson for the company and, like it or not, his words were a reflection of the company stance.

It wasn't a "we know what you want," attitude. It was an effort at slowing down piracy and used games sales. It was a decision on the industry's behalf, not ours. And one that never got implemented, at that. No one has to like their initial plans, but they never even saw the light of day.

And that guy was not speaking on behalf of MS. He worked for the company, sure. That doesn't mean he is to be taken face value. That's just an excuse you people use. Now if you quoted Don Mattrick instead, you'd have a point, as what he said and who he was better supports your claim. No one even knows the name of the twitter guy.

Yet and still, none of that really lends any favors as to why you all troll this board. Since none of those policies made it out of the door.
---