Game Load Glitch (Help, Please)

#11psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:29:42 PM
Yeah, it's only doing it with that one game, but I haven't tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it because I don't want to add wear to my disc drive for a game I won't play much more.

I have OCD, though, so I'm scared my console may be defective. However, I think the wise thing would be to wait and see if it does it with any other games, because I was aware even before this that it could be a glitch in the game or its install file.

Thanks
#12pepsiboy95620Posted 4/14/2014 6:32:25 PM
extanker posted...
The One sometimes has a problem releasing system memory after you quit a game which causes crashes like you described. A full shutdown forces the memory to clear, but if you are already doing a full shutdown every time you turn it off, then it might be a deeper problem.

You could try deleting and reinstalling the game or just call customer support. I've had good luck with them the couple times I've had to call.

I know games like FIFA crash sometimes because it has more than one person signed in before the game loads I don't know if it has to do with the game or Xbox though
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#13ExempliGratiaPosted 4/14/2014 6:44:13 PM
It happened to me with Killer Instinct. What I would do is start the game and press the guide button to get back home. Either that or I try to load another game. Usually works and I don't have to reset it.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#14extankerPosted 4/14/2014 7:35:42 PM(edited)
psykojuggalo98 posted...
Yeah, it's only doing it with that one game, but I haven't tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it because I don't want to add wear to my disc drive for a game I won't play much more.

I have OCD, though, so I'm scared my console may be defective. However, I think the wise thing would be to wait and see if it does it with any other games, because I was aware even before this that it could be a glitch in the game or its install file.

Thanks

Reinstalling a single game isn't going to add any noticeable wear to your disc drive.

No offense man, but if you are that worried about wear, you might as well turn the xbox off and pack it back in its box because every time you turn it on, you will be shortening it's life...
#15psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 9:25:41 PM
extanker posted...
psykojuggalo98 posted...

Thanks

Reinstalling a single game isn't going to add any noticeable wear to your disc drive.

No offense man, but if you are that worried about wear, you might as well turn the xbox off and pack it back in its box because every time you turn it on, you will be shortening it's life...

Point (and no offence) taken.

I've been working towards not worrying so much and try to push myself past things I do worry about with regards to my systems. However, I'm not as successful as I wish I was and my mind obsesses over things (even a piece of dry skin stuck in the edge of a joystick).

Pills aren't working, but hopefully something will soon.

So, that's why any little error becomes magnified in my mind, because I actually do have OCD and have since I was 8. My room and gaming stuff = what I obsess about most.
#16extankerPosted 4/14/2014 10:20:24 PM(edited)
Sorry about that. Didn't realize you meant real OCD. So many people use the term to just describe how picky they are. Hope you manage to find something that helps.
#17GameOzPosted 4/14/2014 10:29:59 PM
I have this issue every couple of days with my digital version of Lego Hobbit. If I unplug the system it always fixes the problem but it seems like there should be a fix for this.
#18psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 10:34:03 PM
extanker posted...
Sorry about that. Didn't realize you meant real OCD. So many people use the term to just describe how picky they are. Hope you manage to find something that helps.

No hard feelings. You honestly didn't offend me at all, but I appreciate the concern.

I've had it since I was a kid, and didn't get properly diagnosed until age 17. But, since people tend to get it more often during the beginning of their adult lives (18 or so), it's harder to treat than normal. I've tried several different pills.

I also deal with depression/anxiety, which suck.

I tend to obsess over my stuff, as well as family members' health, constantly.

I get what you mean, though: People throw OCD around like it's cool.
#19psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 10:36:52 PM(edited)
GameOz posted...
I have this issue every couple of days with my digital version of Lego Hobbit. If I unplug the system it always fixes the problem but it seems like there should be a fix for this.

Sorry to hear that. My retail copy of LEGO The Hobbit worked fine when I played through it over four days.

I spoke to a MSFT support person today, and he seemed to think it was related to the game disc (KSR) or a bad install file. I'm to essentially delete the cache 3x and do one other thing, then see if things work better. If not, I'm to reinstall the game after deleting it.

Hopefully the issue won't reoccur. I'm a games journalist and can't be without my system.
#20psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2014 12:22:55 PM
Bump