Xbox One's Blu Ray

#11That_Damn_KidPosted 4/13/2014 10:03:01 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Be aware, unless it was updated and I wasn't tracking, the Xbox One doesn't play 3D blu rays.

And no, I can't explain why the PS3 can and the One cannot.

There should be an update though to fix that
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89///PS4, X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#12Laylow12Posted 4/13/2014 10:07:39 AM
OPPO > everything else.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#13Phange 2Posted 4/13/2014 10:08:32 AM
Laylow12 posted...
OPPO > everything else.

Well no kidding, if you've got the home theater system of the gods and a ton of cash to burn.
---
Xbox Live: Phange 2
Playstation Network: Phange
#14Laylow12Posted 4/13/2014 10:12:04 AM
Phange 2 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
OPPO > everything else.

Well no kidding, if you've got the home theater system of the gods and a ton of cash to burn.

It doesn't cost that much. Maybe a grand.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#15Phange 2Posted 4/13/2014 10:15:40 AM
The most significant advantage Oppo has over a PS3 is its incredibly amount of audio options.

Visually, Oppo does upscale DVD's better, but the PS3 is still essentially the gold standard for BD movie picture reproduction.

Unless you're an extreme audiophile, Oppo is grotesquely overpriced. The PS3 supports nearly all of the same media formats, has BD performance roughly equal, and goes for around $200.

Obviously Oppo is better, but it's not to the level of justifying it being five times the price.
---
Xbox Live: Phange 2
Playstation Network: Phange
#16KolanifvPosted 4/13/2014 10:32:13 AM
Phange 2 posted...
Based on my experience with all the consoles, here's my preference for players:

High-end BD Player > PS3 > Xbox One > Midrange = PS4 > Entry Level BD Player

Right now I watch most of my BD movies on my PS3, though sometimes my XB1 for the OS features.

PS4's is kinda disappointing but it gets the job done I guess.

PS4 playback has been updated if you haven't used it recently with legacy codecs. It's not as abysmally bad as it was at launch and will play most first and second gen BDs now, whereas it was really hit and miss at launch, and mostly misses.