Why is MS cutting the price? Nobody is asking for a cheaper XB1...

#11atl2k5Posted 4/13/2014 10:16:00 AM
jasomramirez666 posted...
We just want an XB1 without the Kinect...

Many of my friends did not buy the XB1 simply because it had a Kinect... They did not like the whole NSA propaganda since that issue was hot last year...

A $500 kinect less XB1 will sell well.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. If price isn't the reason for your friends not buying the Xbox One, then why don't they just get it and not plug in the Kinect??? Your friends aren't too smart are they?
#12Hvv0l24n9Posted 4/13/2014 10:22:46 AM
Obvious troll topic. Again.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#13aheroafakePosted 4/13/2014 10:26:39 AM
Nobody has asked for a price drop? Wtf are you smoking?
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#14HorotoPosted 4/13/2014 11:36:14 AM
He just doesn't want a price drop, because he already bought the console. He would be mad, because he didn't wait.
---
"Well since you bolded that, we have no choice but to deal with it..." - Duh_Bad_Guy
#15MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/13/2014 12:09:00 PM(edited)
jasomramirez666 posted...
We just want an XB1 without the Kinect...

Many of my friends did not buy the XB1 simply because it had a Kinect... They did not like the whole NSA propaganda since that issue was hot last year...

A $500 kinect less XB1 will sell well.

1) I don't want Microsoft to release a kinect-less X1.

2) Your friends are paranoid alarmists who think that buying a peripheral for a gaming console suddenly makes them an object of scrutiny by the NSA.

3) A $500 X1 without kinect is ridiculous. The price is fine as it is. The only reason Microsoft is cutting the price is because more people are paying attention to sales of the consoles, so the disparity between X1 and PS4 is more apparent to gamers. The reason more people are paying attention is because gaming publications are struggling to come up content for their sites, so they fill the gap with process stories about the companies and meaningless stats about sales that consumers really shouldn't care about.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#16ArsenicSteelPosted 4/13/2014 12:19:13 PM

And other people have a said they would like a one without the mandatory kinect.

I am really having a tough time figuring out what there is to gain for you if MS never releases X1 without Kinect.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#17robert_rangersuPosted 4/13/2014 12:20:59 PM
The level of stupidity on this site is escalating at an alarming rate folks!
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#18MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/13/2014 12:50:44 PM
ArsenicSteel posted...

And other people have a said they would like a one without the mandatory kinect.

Your point? He made the universal claim that "we just want an XB1 without the kinect." I'm saying that I don't want it.

ArsenicSteel posted...
I am really having a tough time figuring out what there is to gain for you if MS never releases X1 without Kinect.

How about support for the kinect that aren't simply token additions? If you think that developers for the X1 will develop their games for the kinect truly in mind without any assurances that there is enough of an install base to justify that additional cost of development, then you're out of your mind and living in 2010 with the first kinect.

The kinect is an extravagance. In order to entice developers to spend the extra time and manpower to develop for it, Microsoft has to be able to give some assurances that enough people will see that additional support as a reason to buy the game, otherwise they're just burning money.

People who bought the X1 and don't like the kinect probably shouldn't have bought an X1. It was obvious from the very first showing back in May that the focus was going to be on kinect 2.0 functionality and integration. If you don't like it, fine. There is a great alternative out there called PS4. I heard it's really catching on...
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#19nableetPosted 4/13/2014 1:17:19 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
ArsenicSteel posted...

Your point? He made the universal claim that "we just want an XB1 without the kinect." I'm saying that I don't want it.

ArsenicSteel posted...

How about support for the kinect that aren't simply token additions? If you think that developers for the X1 will develop their games for the kinect truly in mind without any assurances that there is enough of an install base to justify that additional cost of development, then you're out of your mind and living in 2010 with the first kinect.

The kinect is an extravagance. In order to entice developers to spend the extra time and manpower to develop for it, Microsoft has to be able to give some assurances that enough people will see that additional support as a reason to buy the game, otherwise they're just burning money.

People who bought the X1 and don't like the kinect probably shouldn't have bought an X1. It was obvious from the very first showing back in May that the focus was going to be on kinect 2.0 functionality and integration. If you don't like it, fine. There is a great alternative out there called PS4. I heard it's really catching on...

It is a shame that that huge (none) xbone exclusive Titanfall didn't use Kinect, even with the 100% attach rate.

The only devs likely to use it are devs making exclusive games, so Ms could just make them use Kinect as part of the exclusivity deal.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#20quincy2000aPosted 4/13/2014 1:40:49 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
...People who bought the X1 and don't like the kinect probably shouldn't have bought an X1. It was obvious from the very first showing back in May that the focus was going to be on kinect 2.0 functionality and integration. If you don't like it, fine. There is a great alternative out there called PS4. I heard it's really catching on...

But it wasn't apparent that the overall power of the console was going to suffer because of the Kinect.

When I preordered and then purchased my Xbox One, I never wanted a Kinect but was willing to put up with it to get what I thought was going to be the best console in terms of graphics and power.

The Xbox One is not that.

So I did buy a PS4.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png