Kinect sport rivals is proof the kinect is junk

#41spacejamjordanzPosted 4/13/2014 11:21:38 AM(edited)
DvoloS88 posted...
The intespacejamjordanz posted...
I wouldn't say that it's junk, but a mediocre compilation of minigames doesn't justify a Kinect in every box either.

Interface for the console, games, apps, and tv made the kinect worth it for me. Much more than a gimmick once you sit down with it. People who say the voice recognition sucks or never works properly either don't speak right or have a faulty kinect. Mine works as intended 99%of the time...

I must have underestimated Microsoft's marketing. There is this huge misconception that the Kinect is actually doing far more than it really is. All those things you mentioned are built into the Xbox One itself, and it's UI. Microsoft just built their OS to accomodate voice commands better. The only thing the Kinect actually contributes to all that is the expensive microphone. Even Sony's $60 junk camera can execute those basic functions.

Microsoft could have built a microphone into their controller if they wanted, and it still would be able to do all those things. They could even enable your headset to put in voice commands.

---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#42Goregasm17Posted 4/13/2014 11:17:02 AM
Do you comprehend that 65% is an opinion score?
Do you base your life solely upon the opinions of others?

You're a sheep
#43BTM4444Posted 4/13/2014 11:17:08 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
BTM4444 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
BTM4444 posted...
Kinect is an amazing piece of hardware. Don't buy an xbox one then.

It works 90% of the time for me

If it worked 100% of the time -- I DON'T WANT TO INTERACT WITH A GAME USING MOTION CONTROLS.

Lol really? Every piece of technology never works 100% right all the time.

Then don't buy the game then? Don't really see the issue.

That's weird because when I push buttons on my controller they work 100% of the time.

There's some times where the button doesn't work fully. I've been having some trouble with y start button getting stuck too.
#44Mr_KillstreakPosted 4/13/2014 11:17:43 AM
I'm happy knowing my Kinect is somewhere in my garages rotting away just waiting for the day GameStop takes it in as trade.
#45axelfooley2k5Posted 4/13/2014 11:19:19 AM
Really is no excuse for rare to not have showcased the kinect 2.0 and produce a quality game.

What is kinect 2.0 ?

A tool for nuads or a new updated motion control camera that makes kinect 1.0 and the ps eye look like just cameras.
---
Congrats Colbert!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
#46axelfooley2k5Posted 4/13/2014 11:20:45 AM
In my other topic i assumed people were not using the hdmi in with their cable.......i was wrong

It looks like nuads is in full swing
---
Congrats Colbert!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
#47TheGam3925Posted 4/13/2014 11:32:28 AM
BTM4444 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
BTM4444 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
BTM4444 posted...
Kinect is an amazing piece of hardware. Don't buy an xbox one then.

It works 90% of the time for me

If it worked 100% of the time -- I DON'T WANT TO INTERACT WITH A GAME USING MOTION CONTROLS.

Lol really? Every piece of technology never works 100% right all the time.

Then don't buy the game then? Don't really see the issue.

That's weird because when I push buttons on my controller they work 100% of the time.

There's some times where the button doesn't work fully. I've been having some trouble with y start button getting stuck too.

Your controller is defective. Get a new one.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#48badmanneilPosted 4/13/2014 11:36:16 AM
BeefEaster posted...
I just hope MS decides to cut their losses with the kinect soon and offers a kinectless model

if kinect was a tv show it would have been cancelled before it even made it a whole season

Literally This.
#49badmanneilPosted 4/13/2014 11:36:41 AM
Building a console and UI around a camera is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.
#50leelee3105Posted 4/13/2014 11:38:31 AM
Laylow12 posted...
A former Microsoft executive recently called it a piece of junk and a joke so you're not alone TC. I agree that something that only works 65-70% of the time isn't worth my time or money.

Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
PackersXLV posted...
The original poster couldn't be so wrong I'm having no problems with KS Rivals.

the original poster isn't wrong.. I stated a FACT. Reviewers from far and wide have come to the same conclusion -- a game developed by Rare, MS flagship, who has every ounce of data to produce the absolute BEST game with the Kinect have failed to make a compelling reason why I was forced to spend an extra $100 on my Xbox One for a piece of equipment I didnt want.

But people that actually play the game love it so you're topic failed
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!