Kinect sport rivals is proof the kinect is junk

#61HorotoPosted 4/13/2014 1:08:15 PM
heffley19 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
A former Microsoft executive recently called it a piece of junk and a joke so you're not alone TC. I agree that something that only works 65-70% of the time isn't worth my time or money.

Yes, because people who leave their jobs never say negative or bashful things every time. I enjoy the kinect, family, kids, and friends enjoy the kinect. Rivals is pretty fun as well so I'm happy.

Or maybe when people leave their jobs they can say what they truly believe without having to worry about repercussions. Even that one guy working at M$ saying to deal with DRM before the 1 came out got fired for saying something reinforcing M$'s features.

You act like the companies care about you, Sony, Nintendo, or M$. They don't. They care about your $. Thats why people say "vote with dollars."
---
"Well since you bolded that, we have no choice but to deal with it..." - Duh_Bad_Guy
#62chedibang1994Posted 4/13/2014 1:14:07 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
kinect sport rivals is at 65% on game rankings.. Made By rare the company owned by Microsoft.. The one developer that should have every ins and outs of the kinect to make the best game possible -- 65%. If Rare couldn't make a good game who can?

Hmmmm so how did you like the game? Did you played it if not topic failure much?
---
When Orchid bends over........UUUUUULLLTTTRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!
#63oSTONEFACEoPosted 4/13/2014 1:23:50 PM
I guess the simple solution would be..don't buy an xbox one ?? Right? or just wait until there's a kinect-less version..if that happens..??? otherwise saying how much it sucks isn't going to make it suck any less for those who think it sucks..suck?? I mean right??
#64kyncaniPosted 4/13/2014 1:31:49 PM
oSTONEFACEo posted...
I guess the simple solution would be..don't buy an xbox one ?? Right? or just wait until there's a kinect-less version..if that happens..??? otherwise saying how much it sucks isn't going to make it suck any less for those who think it sucks..suck?? I mean right??

Well, this whole board is kinda like a "Kinect sucks group therapy".

( joke )
#65mokmuudPosted 4/13/2014 1:36:00 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
The intespacejamjordanz posted...
I wouldn't say that it's junk, but a mediocre compilation of minigames doesn't justify a Kinect in every box either.

Interface for the console, games, apps, and tv made the kinect worth it for me. Much more than a gimmick once you sit down with it. People who say the voice recognition sucks or never works properly either don't speak right or have a faulty kinect. Mine works as intended 99%of the time...

I love my Xbox One but I can almost never get it to turn on using Kinect, more than half the time I have to repeat commands 3 or more times and the motion controls
pop up on screen all the time when I'm not even moving. Because of that I rarely use the Kinect.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#66HighwayPilotPosted 4/13/2014 1:55:35 PM
I was looking forward to this game. It could've made me want to buy an Xbone a little more. Sadly it seems to be just a game to buy when you already have the system.
#67SeathBlackheartPosted 4/13/2014 1:57:21 PM
PackersXLV posted...
BeefEaster posted...
TheeLeeham posted...
I suppose Knack is proof that the PS4 is junk then?

no, because there's plenty of other great ps4 games

there aren't plenty of other great kinect games

Killzone is not that great either and infamous while it looks amazing it gets tedious and repetitive after a while.
Forza 5 while not fully kinect it has good kinect support and I haven't got bored with Ryse,Plants vs Zombies or Titanfall.

I love how you say that Infamous gets tedious and repetitive yet you enjoy Titanfall. All you do in Titanfall is the same thing over and over and over literally for hours. Kill or be killed. Jump here or jump there. So how you can say that one is tedious and repetitive, while the other one isn't, is complete nonsense.
---
"What? You mean I have to drink this coffee hot?!"
#68Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/13/2014 2:04:22 PM
BTM4444 posted...
Kinect is an amazing piece of hardware. Don't buy an xbox one then.

It works 90% of the time for me

Would you want a car to work 90% of the time, would you want a computer to work 90% of the time, would you be willing to play a game but only finish 90% of it?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#69TBONE_OGPosted 4/13/2014 2:05:46 PM
Since when are reviewer's opinions facts?

Biased reviewers will be biased. They want to hate on Kinect, fine. But I won't trust their bad review.

Oh and I'd like to see a game built from the ground up on the new Kinect tech. It's pretty obvious Rivals was mostly designed with the old Kinect tech -- and it still works great.

But yes. The TC is completely wrong and a troll. Reviews are NOT facts. They are opinions.
---
Always O.G.
#70RedXIII202Posted 4/13/2014 2:06:15 PM
xacebop posted...
60% of the time, it works every time.

- Microsoft's motto for kinect

Arrrrgh you beat me to it!
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
PSN: JaySee_OhZii