I've never played a Kinect game and need some advice please

#1jmgordon99Posted 4/13/2014 10:29:30 AM
I'm an older gamer with a 5-yr-old and I thought maybe Just Dance 2014 (I would post on that game's board, but that board is dead) would be a good game to get for my kid to maybe help his gross motor coordination. My child has Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning cognitively thank God) and one of the traits is poor coordination. I already try to engage him in regular play, outdoor activities, and some rudimentary sports skills (i.e. playing catch, basic soccer, etc.). So has anyone in a similar position used a game like Just Dance (on Kinect) and achieved positive benefits for their kids? Any advice/tips are appreciated. I would never buy the game for myself and it would strictly be for my child (if it's a good idea to help his coordination). Also, we don't have a big area for this so does the new Kinect do better with reading body movements?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers.
---
"I'm just about that action, boss."
-Marshawn Lynch to Deion Sanders on Super Bowl media day 2014
#2jmgordon99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 10:41:19 AM
Sorry for the bump, just really need some advice on this from people who have experience with Kinect.
---
#3grampamurkedPosted 4/13/2014 10:49:53 AM
I don't think Kinect would be a good match for your son. The functions aren't precise enough. Combine that with your boys lack of coordination and I see alot of frustration.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#4jmgordon99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 11:21:11 AM
Okay thank you that's exactly what I needed to know.
---