Forza 5 or need for speed rivals

#31MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/15/2014 2:54:29 AM
DojoMax posted...
sammogard posted...
i don't mind the missing cars and tracks really. there are enough vartions to use and all the track vartions are online this time as to forza 4 it was the same set in public lobbies and you hda to manuall select certian vartions in private matches so really forza 5 has more tracks online in that term

the 300 cars missing only maybe 50 are auctually used online so.

Here's the thing. Gran Turismo 2 was one of the greatest racing games ever made, and when GT3 came out it improved upon just about everything that was good about GT2. The sound was more authentic, the physics vastly improved, the graphics were top notch for its time. GT3 was the epitome of the "Real Driving Simulator" except where as GT2 had 650+ cars and 28 tracks, GT3 had much less content only about 180 cars (and although having more courses most of them were direct copies of GT2 courses with a few added effects).

The reason for the lesser number of cars and copied tracks were because working with the new PS2 hardware, modeling each cars real world physics and graphics were more time consuming for Polyphony Digital. Even worse, they had to keep their development time strained to release the game when Sony needed them to. Still didn't stop GT3 from being better than GT2 (even with less cars) and also GT3 being arguably one of the best games ever made.

I don't know why people were surprised. They're working with new hardware, trying to maintain better graphics, and physics and also hitting the launch of X1 that M$ wanted. Of course its going to have less content. Forza 6 will have a lot more content because just like Polyphony did with subsequent releases of GT, they'll reuse a lot of their assets to cut development time.

Bingo. They've essentially said that they're starting from scratch again which is why Nurburgring hasn't even been included yet. They weren't satisfied with the previous version and are going to be working on adding it later. People expect the world for $60.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#32DojoMaxPosted 4/15/2014 3:06:56 AM(edited)
BilliePilgrim posted...
DojoMax posted...
I don't know why people were surprised. They're working with new hardware, trying to maintain better graphics, and physics and also hitting the launch of X1 that M$ wanted.

Funny, that didn't seem to be a problem going from FM to FM2. Same length of development and everything.

So Forza 2 was an Xbox 360 launch title? Also F2 could have very well built upon Forza Motorsport's resources. Not saying this was the case, I don't know for sure, but could be likely.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#33BilliePilgrimPosted 4/18/2014 5:17:08 PM
DojoMax posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...
DojoMax posted...
I don't know why people were surprised. They're working with new hardware, trying to maintain better graphics, and physics and also hitting the launch of X1 that M$ wanted.

Funny, that didn't seem to be a problem going from FM to FM2. Same length of development and everything.

So Forza 2 was an Xbox 360 launch title? Also F2 could have very well built upon Forza Motorsport's resources. Not saying this was the case, I don't know for sure, but could be likely.

Both FM2 and FM5 had 2 year gaps between the previous game, both involved a jump to a new generation of consoles.

And if you'd played FM2, there isn't much in the way of recycled resources. Certainly no more than what FM5 uses from 4. They also weren't getting large chunks of their data for tire simulation from 3rd parties at that point either.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#34TenzhiPosted 4/18/2014 10:22:53 PM
I hated NFS Rivals. Most Wanted was a better game.

Forza 5 may have less total content than Forza 4, but the driving feels better in it to me and there are some customization options I like a lot in it. In any case, Forza 3, 4, or 5 are better games to play than NFS Rivals.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#35singhellotakuPosted 4/19/2014 3:48:35 AM
I have both, forza is far superior, though i find the always online nature of nfs irritating
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.