Why MS is forcing the Kinect on the XB1

#11AwayFromHerePosted 4/14/2014 12:58:46 AM
Jedi454 posted...
No one is forcing you to buy an Xbox One bro. If you can't deal with the kinect, then buy a Ps4. You can join the wannabe PC gamers in the Ps4 community and rave on about resolution and how graphically powerful your console is, while me and all my mates are enjoying our Xbox Ones, firing up amazing games, getting achievements and enjoying ourselves hugely with the great features of the Xbox One.

#dealwithit #XboxOneArmy

See that would be a good argument if they're weren't games people want that can only be had on the XBOne.

They want the XBOne for Halo, for Gears, for games they can only get on XBOne, but they don't want the Kinect. So yes, those people are forced to purchase a Kinect they do not want.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#12Jedi454Posted 4/14/2014 1:00:24 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Jedi454 posted...
No one is forcing you to buy an Xbox One bro. If you can't deal with the kinect, then buy a Ps4. You can join the wannabe PC gamers in the Ps4 community and rave on about resolution and how graphically powerful your console is, while me and all my mates are enjoying our Xbox Ones, firing up amazing games, getting achievements and enjoying ourselves hugely with the great features of the Xbox One.

#dealwithit #XboxOneArmy

See that would be a good argument if they're weren't games people want that can only be had on the XBOne.

They want the XBOne for Halo, for Gears, for games they can only get on XBOne, but they don't want the Kinect. So yes, those people are forced to purchase a Kinect they do not want.

Incorrect my friend. Since those games aren't out yet, they don't have to buy the system yet.
---
Get Good Kid.
#13Mark_MiwurdzPosted 4/14/2014 1:04:29 AM
You guys fo realise the console works fine without Kinect? Mine has never been attached.
---
XBL: Mark Miwurdz PSN: Mark_Miwurdz Wii: No idea
Netflix US DNS 190 123 111 24 / 192 95 16 109 http://www.twitch.tv/markmiwurdz
#14AwayFromHerePosted 4/14/2014 1:07:38 AM
Jedi454 posted...

Incorrect my friend. Since those games aren't out yet, they don't have to buy the system yet.

They will though. Unless you are suggesting MS will release an XBOne sans Kinect, which according to MS, they aren't going to do.
---
#15Millertime660Posted 4/14/2014 1:11:27 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Jedi454 posted...

They will though. Unless you are suggesting MS will release an XBOne sans Kinect, which according to MS, they aren't going to do.

This argument is pretty ridiculous. I dont use the camera on my 3ds, should I start complaining more about the camera on it?
#16AwayFromHerePosted 4/14/2014 1:14:33 AM
Millertime660 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Jedi454 posted...

This argument is pretty ridiculous. I dont use the camera on my 3ds, should I start complaining more about the camera on it?

Okay, so you're okay with paying more for an inferior system because of the camera. Gotcha.
---
#17jumbocatPosted 4/14/2014 1:18:09 AM
MS is forcing the Kinect because their market research teams concluded in mid 2007 that consumers "Love this motion gaming crap" due to the Wii's success. In traditional Microsoft style they felt the need to have a presence in this market regardless of whether there was any consumer demand or room in the marketplace for another player. Fast forward a few years and motion gaming has proven to be a fad and Microsoft is stuck with a peripheral that no one wants. However, due to their relentless hype over it, and the fact that it is the X1's only differentiating over the PS4, pride demands that they keep pushing it. The voice control element of it is a slight saving grace, but consumers are justified in asking why an always-on camera, with it's added cost and privacy concerns, is necessary.
---
ED
AC
#18Millertime660Posted 4/14/2014 1:26:00 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Millertime660 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Okay, so you're okay with paying more for an inferior system because of the camera. Gotcha.

Well that has nothing to do with the point you are attempting to make about kinect being forced. If thats how you want to look at it then yes.

That is your opinion though, not mine.
#19lunaticcorePosted 4/14/2014 1:29:04 AM
I guess everybody in this topic is going to ignore that the Kinect actually sold really well, so well that it pretty much forced Microsoft's focus off core gamers while it seemed to give the 360 a few more years of relevance. It is in no way surprising that it became a staple of the XB1 strategy going forward. I personally believe it is too early too call it a failure since it seems like developers have been slow to push forward with this new generation so far, and will probably start using it more, but if we don't see a serious uptick of decent usage by this holiday they should probably move on.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#20Mark_MiwurdzPosted 4/14/2014 2:04:25 AM
jumbocat posted...
MS is forcing the Kinect because their market research teams concluded in mid 2007 that consumers "Love this motion gaming crap" due to the Wii's success. In traditional Microsoft style they felt the need to have a presence in this market regardless of whether there was any consumer demand or room in the marketplace for another player. Fast forward a few years and motion gaming has proven to be a fad and Microsoft is stuck with a peripheral that no one wants. However, due to their relentless hype over it, and the fact that it is the X1's only differentiating over the PS4, pride demands that they keep pushing it. The voice control element of it is a slight saving grace, but consumers are justified in asking why an always-on camera, with it's added cost and privacy concerns, is necessary.

Again, explain why Kinect is necessary, given that my console works fine without it? Has fanboyism addled your brain that much?
---
XBL: Mark Miwurdz PSN: Mark_Miwurdz Wii: No idea
Netflix US DNS 190 123 111 24 / 192 95 16 109 http://www.twitch.tv/markmiwurdz