Why MS is forcing the Kinect on the XB1

#41aszsithPosted 4/14/2014 9:27:22 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aszsith posted...
Purchase of luxury goods =/= forced
Purchase of luxury goods == optional

Unless you are required by someone/thing which has sovereign power over you to purchase an XBOne, nothing is being forced on you.

Rather, you simply desire part of the package which is offered. Understandable, but as there is no alternative, you can choose to either take it as it comes, or decide you don't desire it enough. But there is no force involved in the purchase of luxury goods.

Topic is forcing the Kinect on the XB1

Want XB1, forced to get the Kinect. No other option = Forced Kinect

XBOne comes with Kinect.
Don't want Kinect = Don't want XBOne

If I were to say I wanted a WiiU, but I didn't want the wannabe iPad it comes with, then basically I'd be saying that I don't actually want a WiiU. If you want part of the product being offered but not the entire thing, then you don't actually want the product being offered. This isn't a difficult concept.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#42XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/14/2014 9:43:57 AM
aszsith posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aszsith posted...

Unless you are required by someone/thing which has sovereign power over you to purchase an XBOne, nothing is being forced on you.

Rather, you simply desire part of the package which is offered. Understandable, but as there is no alternative, you can choose to either take it as it comes, or decide you don't desire it enough. But there is no force involved in the purchase of luxury goods.

XBOne comes with Kinect.

If I were to say I wanted a WiiU, but I didn't want the wannabe iPad it comes with, then basically I'd be saying that I don't actually want a WiiU. If you want part of the product being offered but not the entire thing, then you don't actually want the product being offered. This isn't a difficult concept.

That makes no sense. Many people want an XB1 to play the exclusives on the systems, but don't have intentions on using the Kinect so why should they have to pay an inflated price because its being forced with the system? If someone were to ask me if i want an XB1 i would say yes but i don't want to pay the cost because of the Kinect.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#43aheroafakePosted 4/14/2014 9:44:21 AM
aszsith posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aszsith posted...

XBOne comes with Kinect.

Hypothetically speaking, what if Microsoft starts offering Xbox One without Kinect?
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#44aheroafakePosted 4/14/2014 9:47:49 AM
Or what have you to say about people that have bought the Xbox One from someone that sold it to them without Kinect? I really don't see how it's still a part of the system. If the Xbox One required Kinect to function, then I would understand your stance on the subject. But it doesn't require Kinect to function properly. I don't see what's so difficult to understand about that.
---
#45violentdissmayPosted 4/14/2014 10:08:58 AM
Maybe they want the extra profit (as if there are any) to recoup their losses from the RRoD fiasco?
---
"Fry crack corn and I don't care, Leela crack corn and still don't care, Bender crack corn and he is great!! TAKE THAT YOU STUPID CORN!!!" - Bender
#46aheroafakePosted 4/14/2014 10:15:17 AM(edited)
violentdissmay posted...
Maybe they want the extra profit (as if there are any) to recoup their losses from the RRoD fiasco?

Microsoft would have had a better chance at that if they wouldn't have bothered with Kinect, the all-in-one media experience, and just focused on making a video game console. Oh, and not rushing the Xbox 360 into stores just to be the first seventh generation console on the market.
---
#47aszsithPosted 4/14/2014 11:20:58 AM(edited)
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
aszsith posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aszsith posted...

XBOne comes with Kinect.

That makes no sense. Many people want an XB1 to play the exclusives on the systems, but don't have intentions on using the Kinect so why should they have to pay an inflated price because its being forced with the system? If someone were to ask me if i want an XB1 i would say yes but i don't want to pay the cost because of the Kinect.

So you don't want an XBOne then. You want something different, let's call it an XBOneLight. You want a part of the package. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist.

Let's use a different analogy. I want a salad from a salad bar. However, said salad bar contains those gross little baby ears of corn that taste like feet. Because I don't want that item which is included in the price of the salad bar, but I'm not required to eat it, I think they should remove it from the bar and offer me a discount because I don't want them.

This is the argument you're using.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#48JRDeBoPosted 4/14/2014 10:53:37 AM
aheroafake posted...
violentdissmay posted...

Microsoft would have had a better chance at that if they wouldn't have bothered with Kinect, the all-in-one media experience, and just focused on making a video game console. Oh, and not rushing the Xbox 360 into stores just to be the first seventh generation console on the market.

Considering it was Sony who started the whole all in one thing by making their console a DVD player (which included a highly faulty drive) and then again by making their next console a Blu-Ray player (which was just a much forced on to you as the kinect is now) which upped the cost of the system significantly, you can't blame MS for copying Sony by making an all in one.

As for the first to release, they really had no option, if they tried to release at the same time or later then Sony they probably would already be out of the console market, Sony's hold on the market was just that strong. MS took a gamble and it paid off in spades whether you like it or not.
---
Oakland Raider fan till I die. Let's just try not suck this year.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=jrdebo http://raptr.com/jrdebo
#49leatheljPosted 4/14/2014 11:10:55 AM
aszsith posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
aszsith posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aszsith posted...

XBOne comes with Kinect.

So you don't want an XBOne then. You want something different, let's call it an XBOneLight. You want a part of the package. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist.

Let's use a different analogy. I want a salad from a salad bar. However, said salad bar contains those gross little baby ears of corn that taste like feet. Because I don't want that item which is included in the price of the salad bar, but I'm not required to eat it, I think they should remove it from the bar and offer me a discount because I don't want them reduce the price.

This is the argument you're using.

Quoted for truth
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#50aheroafakePosted 4/14/2014 11:25:35 AM
JRDeBo posted...
aheroafake posted...
violentdissmay posted...

Considering it was Sony who started the whole all in one thing by making their console a DVD player (which included a highly faulty drive) and then again by making their next console a Blu-Ray player (which was just a much forced on to you as the kinect is now) which upped the cost of the system significantly, you can't blame MS for copying Sony by making an all in one.

As for the first to release, they really had no option, if they tried to release at the same time or later then Sony they probably would already be out of the console market, Sony's hold on the market was just that strong. MS took a gamble and it paid off in spades whether you like it or not.

The DVD/Blu-ray thing holds no relevance in this discussion. You may think it does but it really doesn't. PS2 and PS3 using DVD/Blu-ray as the storage medium for both consoles actually held some importance in the consoles. The new disc drives were gonna happen sooner or later and the benefits were obvious. Kinect isn't really something that should've been included considering it doesn't significantly bring something important to the table unlike DVD/Blu-ray. There is a big difference to what the new storage mediums made obvious and it was evident right away. Kinect isn't something that has brought immediate advantages.
---