Why MS is forcing the Kinect on the XB1

#51aheroafakePosted 4/14/2014 11:32:58 AM
Also, what DVD and Blu-ray discs brought to the table was needed unlike Kinect.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#52GeistPosted 4/14/2014 12:38:06 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Geist posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Geist posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
No

Then there you go.

Typical Xbot

No simple logic, you say it's forced, it has proven not to be.

So i ask again where can i buy an XB1 new without the Kinect being forced as part of the package?

If you don't want Kinect, you don't want Xbox, hence your question is moot.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#53MRL3G3NDPosted 4/14/2014 1:01:40 PM
Microsoft has an advertisement initiative called NuAds

A revolutionary way to get biological feedback from whoever watches your add

It will make them Billions

The problem is they don't have one reason what-so-ever why anyone would go to the store and plop down $100 for it.

If no one buys it, then NuAds is useless..who wants to advertise to the 1000 people who bought it?

So you FORCE it on everyone...now Kinect 2.0 is in 3 million+ homes...

Now MS can pitch this to advertisers and tell them their ads will reach 3million homes...

which is why they said the xbox would not work without Kinect initially...they were scared everyone would buy an xbox 1, and put Kinect in the garbage or trade it in.
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#54JRDeBoPosted 4/14/2014 1:49:07 PM
aheroafake posted...
JRDeBo posted...
aheroafake posted...
violentdissmay posted...
Maybe they want the extra profit (as if there are any) to recoup their losses from the RRoD fiasco?

Microsoft would have had a better chance at that if they wouldn't have bothered with Kinect, the all-in-one media experience, and just focused on making a video game console. Oh, and not rushing the Xbox 360 into stores just to be the first seventh generation console on the market.

Considering it was Sony who started the whole all in one thing by making their console a DVD player (which included a highly faulty drive) and then again by making their next console a Blu-Ray player (which was just a much forced on to you as the kinect is now) which upped the cost of the system significantly, you can't blame MS for copying Sony by making an all in one.

As for the first to release, they really had no option, if they tried to release at the same time or later then Sony they probably would already be out of the console market, Sony's hold on the market was just that strong. MS took a gamble and it paid off in spades whether you like it or not.

The DVD/Blu-ray thing holds no relevance in this discussion. You may think it does but it really doesn't. PS2 and PS3 using DVD/Blu-ray as the storage medium for both consoles actually held some importance in the consoles. The new disc drives were gonna happen sooner or later and the benefits were obvious. Kinect isn't really something that should've been included considering it doesn't significantly bring something important to the table unlike DVD/Blu-ray. There is a big difference to what the new storage mediums made obvious and it was evident right away. Kinect isn't something that has brought immediate advantages.

The only thing Blu-ray added was pushing a new media type onto the consumers. You could have gotten the same storage by using more DVDs (as shown by the 360) and lost nothing. Sony used the PS3 to push Blu-ray player sales instead of waiting for it to be cost effective (this gen) and gouged their loyal fans. If they went with the less expensive DVD player Sony probably would have trounced MS last gen. What the Kinect/Eye does (full body motion sensing) can't be replicated, it doesn't matter if YOU like what it does, it could add new gameplay experiences (likely won't) that you couldn't get without them. Which means adding the Kinect is more gamer friendly then adding the Blu-ray drive into the PS3.
---
Oakland Raider fan till I die. Let's just try not suck this year.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=jrdebo http://raptr.com/jrdebo
#55XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/14/2014 7:08:50 PM
aszsith posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
aszsith posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aszsith posted...
Purchase of luxury goods =/= forced
Purchase of luxury goods == optional

Unless you are required by someone/thing which has sovereign power over you to purchase an XBOne, nothing is being forced on you.

Rather, you simply desire part of the package which is offered. Understandable, but as there is no alternative, you can choose to either take it as it comes, or decide you don't desire it enough. But there is no force involved in the purchase of luxury goods.

Topic is forcing the Kinect on the XB1

Want XB1, forced to get the Kinect. No other option = Forced Kinect

XBOne comes with Kinect.
Don't want Kinect = Don't want XBOne

If I were to say I wanted a WiiU, but I didn't want the wannabe iPad it comes with, then basically I'd be saying that I don't actually want a WiiU. If you want part of the product being offered but not the entire thing, then you don't actually want the product being offered. This isn't a difficult concept.

That makes no sense. Many people want an XB1 to play the exclusives on the systems, but don't have intentions on using the Kinect so why should they have to pay an inflated price because its being forced with the system? If someone were to ask me if i want an XB1 i would say yes but i don't want to pay the cost because of the Kinect.

So you don't want an XBOne then. You want something different, let's call it an XBOneLight. You want a part of the package. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist.

Let's use a different analogy. I want a salad from a salad bar. However, said salad bar contains those gross little baby ears of corn that taste like feet. Because I don't want that item which is included in the price of the salad bar, but I'm not required to eat it, I think they should remove it from the bar and offer me a discount because I don't want them.

This is the argument you're using.

That would be a fine argument if the Kinect didn't inflate the price so much. If the system itself was 399 and not 499 that would be fine cause its not extra money out of my pocket for something i don't want. Just like that salad doesn't bring in such an inflated price with add ons. Its the fact i HAVE to have the Kinect and i HAVE to spend alot more on the system because im FORCED to have the Kinect whether i want it or not.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#56XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/14/2014 7:12:42 PM
Since Geist seems confused on the subject matter lets try a different approach.

Why must someone want Kinect to want an XB1 if they just want it for exclusives?
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#57AzaneAzerPosted 4/14/2014 7:15:07 PM(edited)
The internet Analogies keep getting worse and worse over time

Your salad bar one is pretty awful.

Kinectless xbox will be a thing or the xbox will keep being a mile behind the competition, at this point it's super obvious that they have alterior motives, because they would of dropped it by now based on feedback (You know, that thing that made them completely 180 and change their entire console plan 6 months ago, and made their execs all look like morons for lying about the drm requirements?)

They're already done things like Cut the Kinects power, which means we're not going to get a game that fully utilizes the thing, because it's already been hardcoded down in the system.

video game accessories should be optional except specific games.
#58XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/14/2014 7:30:55 PM
It was a pretty bad analogy though the fact someone agreed with him just saddens me. A Salad is what 5-10 bucks at places yeah totally comparable to a 400 dollar system.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#59aszsithPosted 4/14/2014 8:50:42 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
aszsith posted...
So you don't want an XBOne then. You want something different, let's call it an XBOneLight. You want a part of the package. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist.

Let's use a different analogy. I want a salad from a salad bar. However, said salad bar contains those gross little baby ears of corn that taste like feet. Because I don't want that item which is included in the price of the salad bar, but I'm not required to eat it, I think they should remove it from the bar and offer me a discount because I don't want them.

This is the argument you're using.

That would be a fine argument if the Kinect didn't inflate the price so much. If the system itself was $399 and not $499 that would be fine because it's not extra money out of my pocket for something i don't want. Just like that salad doesn't bring in such an inflated price with add ons. Its the fact i HAVE to have the Kinect and i HAVE to spend a lot more on the system because im FORCED to have the Kinect whether i want it or not.

You ASSUME what the cost of the Kinect is, but as it is not available as a stand along product, you cannot assign a designated retail price to it.

Regardless, you haven't proven that you are forced to have the Kinect. You have argued that you don't want the Kinect and you conclude that it should not be included with the XBOne. Which is fine. You are allowed to have that viewpoint. However, that opinion does not magically make your desires into reality.

As is, you stated you would be fine if the price was $100 lower. Therefore, the Kinect isn't the issue. Your perception that you are paying extra for Kinect is the issue, and I suspect that no matter what price the package is at, you would baulk at it if the Kinect were to be included. Therefore, my initial assessment is upheld: You do not want the XBOne. You want a different product that as yet has not been (and potentially never will) be released.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#60crosby655321Posted 4/14/2014 9:32:02 PM(edited)
aszsith posted...
Don't want Kinect = Don't want XBOne

So the people that bought an xbox one but didn't plug in the kinect don't actually want the xbox one they just bought?