A game to immerse a depressed person...

#81pigkiller_77Posted 4/14/2014 7:31:18 AM
Anything Katamari. Nothing can cheer you up like Japanese pop music!
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.
#82sandslash1Posted 4/14/2014 7:32:21 AM
You can't go wrong with Dynasty/Samurai Warriors when you're feeling down <_<
Tales games are also pretty fun and lighthearted (not counting Abyss <_<) in general
Pokemon???
---
a
#83ZeridethPosted 4/14/2014 7:34:35 AM
As someone who is doing nothing for Spring break too (due to some bi*** ruining that for me and a family member), I kind of feel your pain; I'm a little depressed too. I bought elder scrolls online to try it out since the WoW expansion won't be out for God knows when and I'm actually enjoying it. I'm not suggesting you buy it though due to it being very new and the online fee. If your choices are really based on your op, then I'd try AC4. It gets pretty repetitive after the first few hours or so, but if you don't mind that stuff then you'll enjoy it, I'm pretty sure.

I would also suggest trying to unplug yourself from games for a day or two. You don't have to bar hop or anything like that (which you shouldn't do if you're depressed anyways); just take a walk somewhere during the day. Sunlight can help better a person's mood, I think. Doesn't have to have to be for a long time; maybe 15 minutes to 30; hour if you can handle it and if you live in a fairly large city.
#84EiffelPosted 4/14/2014 7:34:55 AM
matthatter56 posted...
To be honest man I have tried to drown my depression in games doesn't work. It took me a year and half but I am finally on the right medicine. I am not totally out of the woods of depression but I am well on my way.

This. TC, if you have a mild depression then advice like "hang out with friends" or "just lift bro" along with playing a good videogame can work fine.

However, you said you rode the train just to get out of the house. If this has been going on for a long time and you don't enjoy what you used to and are having trouble getting off the couch it could be clinical depression which is a whole other beast. It often doesn't get better on it's own. Talk to your Doctor or call a help line if it's bad. Don't do anything rash.
---
XBL: Mister Wu
PSN: AngryFuse
#85imthestuntmanPosted 4/14/2014 7:37:48 AM
30aught6 posted...
Bill_Burr posted...
Jedi454 posted...
KiraWins posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Just go lift

But what to do with the other 23 hours of the day?

TC, you need to address your depression and don't push it down if you are.
Hang in there.

Lifting is addressing depression regardless of the cause. Excercise causes certain chemicals to be produced in the body that help balance out what is causing the depressed feelings. Thats why when you are diagnosed with depression one of the first things they tell you to do is work out regularly.
---
These minor spelling errors were brought to you by an ipad having no real feedback to enable me to know when i mistype and my own laziness.
#86MynachranPosted 4/14/2014 7:57:46 AM
Whatever you do dont take "prescribed" medicine
#87chex81Posted 4/14/2014 8:00:40 AM
best medicine - sign up at a gym or rec centre, working out will help A LOT! I've recommended to many friends and it's helped all of them with anxiety/stress issues.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#88VanUltimaPosted 4/14/2014 8:08:24 AM
Look I had a rough time not too long ago where I felt terrible about life until a friend gifted me a little pc game called Thomas was Alone. Definately just sit and play it with no distractions. It will help you I promise you that.
---
CM HAF 912/FX-8320 @3.5 GHz/Asus M5A97 LE R2.0/HIS IceQ Turbo HD 7870 2GB/16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Ram/OCZ ModXstream 500W/120GB SSD 1TB HDD/H70 Cooler
#89KojaxFXPosted 4/14/2014 8:12:08 AM
I would go for an RPG but not sure if Xbox one has any right now. AC 4 is a pretty good game, I played it on the PS3 though but I put in about 35 hours or so and loved it.
---
Video games are awesome :D
#90VideoGameBlitzPosted 4/14/2014 8:31:20 AM
Who has spring break for 2 weeks?
---
i5 - 7870 - 8GB