Anyone else SICK of all the stupid indie games?

#1grampamurkedPosted 4/14/2014 2:33:33 PM
I didn't drop near a grand on two new supposed "next gen" systems to play games that my 10 yeal old pc can run. If I really wanted a nostalgic fix I would go out and buy a nes or odyssey.

Seriously ENOUGH. Give us some damn games with substance.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#2mmpr7Posted 4/14/2014 2:37:37 PM
I agree, but I fear we are in the minority.

Seriously, people spend all this time complaining about graphics and 1080p and 60fps .... and then they sit there and play "retro" 8 bit games!
#3NCPwnPosted 4/14/2014 2:40:50 PM
once a AAA games comes out that I want, I'll get it. Waiting on The Divinsion, Destiny, and The WItness.

Until then, Strike Suit Zero is the best next gen game. And it was out on PC long before the console, so that makes me sad.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst, The Last of Us
#4kennyynnooPosted 4/14/2014 2:41:56 PM
I agree also, I think this is all due to the video games themselves not increasing in price and sales not covering staff. So they make a quick cheesy game on there own and profit better hopefully. I really think good big budget games need to be 70-$80 with no dlc add ons. Companies fail and the staff go on there own and do this indie garbage for work. But that's my opinion. Games have not covered inflation like everything else, they need to go up to survive.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#5Auction SniperPosted 4/14/2014 2:43:03 PM
I have no problem with retro themed games, but I just hate the games with intentionally idiotic titles like:

-Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns
-I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1
-VVVVVV
---
If Three Dog were here, he'd say something witty. But he's not. 'Cause somebody killed him.
#6Far-QueuePosted 4/14/2014 2:43:15 PM
It takes time to develop games, especially high-caliber, big budget games. Have patience, the system is only six months old. There will be plenty of games in time. Hell, I still have a huge backlog from last gen, as far as I'm concerned they can hold off on making games for this gen.

mmpr7 posted...
I agree, but I fear we are in the minority.

Seriously, people spend all this time complaining about graphics and 1080p and 60fps .... and then they sit there and play "retro" 8 bit games!

The people who complain about 1080/60 are likely not the same people who enjoy indie titles with "lower-level" graphics.
---
http://i.imgur.com/c4X8P0n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wETmLaR.jpg
#7NCPwnPosted 4/14/2014 2:44:11 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
I agree also, I think this is all due to the video games themselves not increasing in price and sales not covering staff. So they make a quick cheesy game on there own and profit better hopefully. I really think good big budget games need to be 70-$80 with no dlc add ons. Companies fail and the staff go on there own and do this indie garbage for work. But that's my opinion. Games have not covered inflation like everything else, they need to go up to survive.

I disagree. Give me a shorter more polished games (indies tend to provide this).
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst, The Last of Us
#8TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/14/2014 2:52:13 PM
They can be a nice diversion, but I'm sick of hearing about them. Very sick.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#9NCPwnPosted 4/14/2014 2:54:59 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
They can be a nice diversion, but I'm sick of hearing about them. Very sick.

Are you FEZed up about it?

huk huk huk
---
#10Duke_of_NukePosted 4/14/2014 2:59:43 PM
All the best games released nowadays are indies though. I seriously haven't had as much fun with any game since back when N64 ruled my life as I have with Minecraft and The Binding of Isaac. TBoI is seriously the best game I've played since the original Legend of Zelda.
---
RIP Oderus Urungus.