Anyone else SICK of all the stupid indie games?

#31rusty12000Posted 4/14/2014 7:13:45 PM
I play more Indie Titles then 'AAA' crap these days. I bought Titanfall, It blew me away at first, but i am losing interest.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#32MonicasBackPosted 4/14/2014 7:25:31 PM
Does the witcher count as indie? or does it have to be a crappy looking game that can be beat in 2 hours and/or is a sidescroller to count as an indie?
---
Monicaaa
#33AzaneAzerPosted 4/14/2014 7:39:30 PM
MonicasBack posted...
Does the witcher count as indie? or does it have to be a crappy looking game that can be beat in 2 hours and/or is a sidescroller to count as an indie?

or Roguelike Random Generated games that many people put over 1000 Hours into, that people need to bash the graphics of because they can't argue with the gameplay.
#34lunaticcorePosted 4/14/2014 7:45:10 PM
I love indie games.

Limbo and Mark of the Ninja were easily two of the best games to come out in the last generation.

I would probably buy both again on the xbox one if they popped up tomorrow. Just to replay for more achievements.

Not to mention Peggle and PvZ started out as indies.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#35lunaticcorePosted 4/14/2014 7:54:35 PM
I do love how many people dissed Titanfall while talking up indies in this thread.

I mean Respawn doesn't publish games, they aren't owned by a publisher, they are about a third or less the size of the most of the giant studios (70-ish people compared to 300-400) and they technically have only released one game.

EA is only the publisher for the game.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#36Jedi454Posted 4/14/2014 7:58:32 PM
MonicasBack posted...

The Witcher was published by Atari, but Indie games are fantastic.
---
Get Good Kid.
#37HorridhalPosted 4/14/2014 8:02:44 PM
Only tools complain about new games.

Who cares who the publisher or what the budget is as long as it is fun to play?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#38DavCubePosted 4/14/2014 8:20:47 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Here's the thing, AAA companies aren't holding back games because of Indie releases, and most AAA companies aren't releasing Indie games themselves, So the indie games aren't hurting gaming... unless you mean how simple indie games have driven pc game price down by quality over graphics, in which case, lol.

Yeah, that's the long and the short of it.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#39mike468Posted 4/14/2014 8:39:45 PM
Yeah I definitely agree TC. Most of them don't seem interesting and TBH they remind of games like Pitfall back in the day.

I will say though, that I do think start ups and stuff like Kickstart are great for the industry though. Stuff like Mighty Number 9...basically a way for established game developers who don't wan to continue to push the same boring AAA BS and want to get back to the roots of console gaming that older gamers enjoy and do want to see return, along with originality.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#40HorridhalPosted 4/14/2014 10:16:21 PM
mike468 posted...
Yeah I definitely agree TC. Most of them don't seem interesting and TBH they remind of games like Pitfall back in the day.

I will say though, that I do think start ups and stuff like Kickstart are great for the industry though. Stuff like Mighty Number 9...basically a way for established game developers who don't wan to continue to push the same boring AAA BS and want to get back to the roots of console gaming that older gamers enjoy and do want to see return, along with originality.

-Says he hates indie games-
-Praises indie developers-

Smh.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.