Adults with job, wife, family, pets, gym and other hobbies find time for Xbox?

#1teasugarPosted 4/14/2014 3:39:16 PM
I am 31 - unemployed with no friends, no girlfriend or wife and no previous children of my own to look after, I only see immediate family occasionally.

I live alone and even have a single bed.

How do people find more than time for two or three rounds of cod in an evening if they have all the things in topic title? Or do they simply not do so?

Thanks.
#2NCPwnPosted 4/14/2014 3:42:42 PM(edited)
Having a Wife like mine that plays games helps. My son is only 7 months old, but as soon as he can hold a controller, I'll have my dudebro buddy and more game time.

Edit: Oh yea, it helps that my son sleeps at 7:00 so I mostly play at night.

---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst, The Last of Us
#3MonicasBackPosted 4/14/2014 3:41:59 PM
Back when I was working full time I still managed to play for about 2 hours a night on gears 3. But that was the only extra thing I did...no time for tv or reading...
---
Monicaaa
#4teasugar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 3:43:58 PM
NCPwn posted...
Having a Wife like mine that plays games helps. My son is only 7 months old, but as soon as he can hold a controller, I'll have my dudebro buddy and more game time.

Sounds good :)
#5Hidan623Posted 4/14/2014 3:44:31 PM
I don't quiet understand your question then.....i am 21 i go to the gym with my best friend every day except saturday i work a 9 to 5 job and live with my girlfriend and have on dog who i take to the park on weekends....i have a writing hobby though it's strictly a hobby not trying to be published or anything and go to school part time for accounting and i find more than enough time to play a video game each day......life isn't as busy as some people make it seem. Some people act like they have NO free time but to them you need to understand free time is like 12 hrs or more if they don't have 12 hours they say that had no free time. everyone has some down time no matter what your situation is it's just how you utilize it is what makes the difference some people take naps in the middle of the day. That about 5 of your free hours right there haha
#6mmpr7Posted 4/14/2014 3:45:51 PM
I am 31, married, one kid, work on the weekends.
I get to play games about 3 hours a week if I am lucky. Most weeks it is either 0 or 2.

I still love games, it's just that they have gone from a big priority to a small priority, understandably. I really miss the days of being able to sit on the couch for an entire day of gaming and playing 62 hours of Dragon Age in one weekend.
#7NCPwnPosted 4/14/2014 3:46:13 PM
Hidan623 posted...
I don't quiet understand your question then.....i am 21 i go to the gym with my best friend every day except saturday i work a 9 to 5 job and live with my girlfriend and have on dog who i take to the park on weekends....i have a writing hobby though it's strictly a hobby not trying to be published or anything and go to school part time for accounting and i find more than enough time to play a video game each day......life isn't as busy as some people make it seem. Some people act like they have NO free time but to them you need to understand free time is like 12 hrs or more if they don't have 12 hours they say that had no free time. everyone has some down time no matter what your situation is it's just how you utilize it is what makes the difference some people take naps in the middle of the day. That about 5 of your free hours right there haha

I see you didn't mention that you don't have a kid. They literally take all day until they sleep at night. A newborn is such an amazing thing but very time consuming.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst, The Last of Us
#8teasugar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 3:46:54 PM
Hidan623 posted...

when I had a job I found time for games. But I bet some wives make the husband gamer spend quality time with them when they would prefer to play Call of Duty.
#9Far-QueuePosted 4/14/2014 3:47:14 PM
I play when my wife works and when the kid is napping, pretty much. Much less than when I was single, but I wouldn't trade my wife and kid for any amount of gaming.
---
http://i.imgur.com/c4X8P0n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wETmLaR.jpg
#10Hidan623Posted 4/14/2014 3:47:33 PM
NCPwn posted...
Hidan623 posted...

I see you didn't mention that you don't have a kid. They literally take all day until they sleep at night. A newborn is such an amazing thing but very time consuming.

ahh yes yes for those of you with kids I understand you all but for those who don't have kids they usually ahve some spare time and end up wasting it like smoking.....never understood that habit