Adults with job, wife, family, pets, gym and other hobbies find time for Xbox?

#21CHS_RICHPosted 4/14/2014 4:34:17 PM
I rarely have time to game and when I do, I'm basically taking time away from something more productive I could be doing. Sad really, that playing your console feels like a chore sometimes and you kind of feel an obligation to turn it on and play it if just only because you spent money on it.
#22stalemate_666Posted 4/14/2014 4:39:15 PM(edited)
Hidan623 posted...
I don't quiet understand your question then.....i am 21 i go to the gym with my best friend every day except saturday i work a 9 to 5 job and live with my girlfriend and have on dog who i take to the park on weekends....i have a writing hobby though it's strictly a hobby not trying to be published or anything and go to school part time for accounting and i find more than enough time to play a video game each day......life isn't as busy as some people make it seem. Some people act like they have NO free time but to them you need to understand free time is like 12 hrs or more if they don't have 12 hours they say that had no free time. everyone has some down time no matter what your situation is it's just how you utilize it is what makes the difference some people take naps in the middle of the day. That about 5 of your free hours right there haha

If you didn't live with your gf you'd need a vita lol, I'm in similar situation and I can't even get to my home console every day lol. But I do game almost every day (thanks to vita)

If anyone is wondering, working full time 6:30-3, have a gf that's 20 min drive away, go to school part time and have friend I see every week, also trying to pencil time in to work out, not working very well lol.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#23thisguy420Posted 4/14/2014 4:46:26 PM
I'm 29 married have 2 boys 5 and 2. My wife works m-f 9-5. I work 4pm-12am Thursday-mon. I only get to game when the kids are asleep. Which means I game from 10pm-2am. And when I get off at midnight I game til 2am. That's why I love when the wife visits her family on holidays.
---
PSN: SKINS_httr
Hail to the Redskins!
#24LostOdyssey17Posted 4/14/2014 4:47:22 PM
I'm a full time student and retail consultant. No GF or kids and I cannot find more than 2 hours a week (IF im lucky)
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#25stalemate_666Posted 4/14/2014 4:51:02 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
I'm a full time student and retail consultant. No GF or kids and I cannot find more than 2 hours a week (IF im lucky)

You really suck at doing hw...
---
psn: Stalemate666
#26kennyynnooPosted 4/14/2014 4:56:58 PM
BTW anyone else on here more then they have time to game? I won't game in front of my kids but I'm on here throughout the day.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#27TheRaiderNationPosted 4/14/2014 5:00:21 PM
I think work/school commutes factors into this as well. Those with long commutes, def have less time.

I have a gf, am in graduate school, work part time and make sure to hit the gym 3 times a week. I still find a solid 7 to 10 hours to game a week, without too much issue. I have no kids though, and completely understand that takes away a lot of time for gaming!

I think if you are organized, and plan your time out wisely, you can always find a few hours a week. I will say this, the past few years, my gaming preferences have changed. I'd much rather play a game that takes 10 hours to beat than 40+ hours. I also have ditched competitive multiplayer all together and just play Co-Op stuff with friends.
#28Hidan623Posted 4/14/2014 5:03:49 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
Hidan623 posted...
I don't quiet understand your question then.....i am 21 i go to the gym with my best friend every day except saturday i work a 9 to 5 job and live with my girlfriend and have on dog who i take to the park on weekends....i have a writing hobby though it's strictly a hobby not trying to be published or anything and go to school part time for accounting and i find more than enough time to play a video game each day......life isn't as busy as some people make it seem. Some people act like they have NO free time but to them you need to understand free time is like 12 hrs or more if they don't have 12 hours they say that had no free time. everyone has some down time no matter what your situation is it's just how you utilize it is what makes the difference some people take naps in the middle of the day. That about 5 of your free hours right there haha

If you didn't live with your gf you'd need a vita lol, I'm in similar situation and I can't even get to my home console every day lol. But I do game almost every day (thanks to vita)

If anyone is wondering, working full time 6:30-3, have a gf that's 20 min drive away, go to school part time and have friend I see every week, also trying to pencil time in to work out, not working very well lol.

lol my ex lived no where close to me....my solution.....talk her into buying a 360 back then and having my account on hers xD ahhahaah
#29cmincPosted 4/14/2014 5:04:11 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
BTW anyone else on here more then they have time to game? I won't game in front of my kids but I'm on here throughout the day.

Me too. Dont have kids, though. I just have a lot of hurry up and wait at my job and then my wife likes to watch her reality crap with me in the room. I've tried leaving the room, but then she just follows me and wants to watch the reality crap in whatever room i go to.

So, yeah. Thank you, gamefaqs.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#30AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/14/2014 5:04:48 PM
kennyynnoo posted...

Many people can browse the net at work but can't play games there...I'm sure a lot of us are on here more often than we game for that very reason.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)