Adults with job, wife, family, pets, gym and other hobbies find time for Xbox?

#31AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/14/2014 5:06:06 PM
cminc posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
BTW anyone else on here more then they have time to game? I won't game in front of my kids but I'm on here throughout the day.

Me too. Dont have kids, though. I just have a lot of hurry up and wait at my job and then my wife likes to watch her reality crap with me in the room. I've tried leaving the room, but then she just follows me and wants to watch the reality crap in whatever room i go to.

So, yeah. Thank you, gamefaqs.

LMAO, sounds like my situation.

The solution? Buy a 2nd TV for the living room and game on that while she watches terribad reality TV.

Saved my life man!
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#32stalemate_666Posted 4/14/2014 5:09:32 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
cminc posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
BTW anyone else on here more then they have time to game? I won't game in front of my kids but I'm on here throughout the day.

Me too. Dont have kids, though. I just have a lot of hurry up and wait at my job and then my wife likes to watch her reality crap with me in the room. I've tried leaving the room, but then she just follows me and wants to watch the reality crap in whatever room i go to.

The solution? Buy a 2nd TV for the living room and game on that while she watches terribad reality TV.

Saved my life man!

Portables would also work, ps4 and wiiU both have off tv play too.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#33chex81Posted 4/14/2014 5:17:09 PM(edited)
32, I have everything you mentioned in title except no kids yet, it's honestly very tough to find time to game. I sadly spend more time on gamefaqs cause I check during work or now on my phone here and there. And with summer around the corner, I will have less time (pool parties). It was easier a few years ago to find time to game when I was working shift/oncall and had random days off.

And I have a gaming room, separate from living room...so sad, hasn't been getting the attention lately.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#34Jx1010Posted 4/14/2014 5:28:20 PM
This might be the ''only'' real topic on this board....
where people arent arguing over consoles or how xbox is failing.
#35KID VIDPosted 4/14/2014 5:29:09 PM
What's with wives watching those crappy reality TV shows? My wife likes that crap too and these Tylor Perry-esque movies. I'm "watching" Baggage Claim right now as I type this from my phone.
Thank you GameFAQs for keeping me entertained.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#36Jx1010Posted 4/14/2014 5:29:35 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
cminc posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Saved my life man!

Portables would also work, ps4 and wiiU both have off tv play too.

He can get a vita too.
#37Jx1010Posted 4/14/2014 5:30:36 PM
KID VID posted...
What's with wives watching those crappy reality TV shows? My wife likes that crap too and these Tylor Perry-esque movies. I'm "watching" Baggage Claim right now as I type this from my phone.
Thank you GameFAQs for keeping me entertained.

Watching those reality shows gives them something to talk about at work since its something the average american can relate to...
I suppose, its only a theory so dont go all crazy on me...
#38tubb311Posted 4/14/2014 5:53:34 PM
32. Have a wife with s child on the way in July. Full time job. I game about 5-7 hours a week. Mostly on Saturdays while the wife is at work. Unfortunately my wife will game with me but it's very picky about games she plays and won't watch me play.
---
GT: DonShetland
#39IlovegirlsPosted 4/14/2014 6:10:25 PM
mmpr7 posted...
I am 31, married, one kid, work on the weekends.
I get to play games about 3 hours a week if I am lucky. Most weeks it is either 0 or 2.

I still love games, it's just that they have gone from a big priority to a small priority, understandably. I really miss the days of being able to sit on the couch for an entire day of gaming and playing 62 hours of Dragon Age in one weekend.

This. I have a wife 19 month old. I love games, the gym and I'm a cop. I play maybe an hour a night. Weekends I'm off so it's a little better. But yes, miss those good old days. :)
---
Silver nickels, golden dimes. Bababooey!
#40xacebopPosted 4/14/2014 6:21:30 PM
The older you get the less time you'll have. Eventually the only time you can play is after everyone's asleep resulting in less sleep for you. The older you get the less you need sleep tho but basically nowhere near the amount of time you have when you're a kid. Just part of growing up