Was gonna buy PS4, but the PS4 boards didnt convince me. Why XBox One over PS4??

#1Shawwty08Posted 4/14/2014 6:21:10 PM
I just want a system as kickass as the PS3 was. I loved fighting games on it. Sports like the 2K series, and I have always been hoping for old school JRPGs to return. I want good graphics, but dont own PS4 or XBox One.

Why might you recommend the XBox One over the PS4 to me?
#2grampamurkedPosted 4/14/2014 6:22:14 PM
Buy what you want and dont expect rational responses on the internet
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#3MJFJDPosted 4/14/2014 6:22:57 PM
Get both
#4Shawwty08(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:23:13 PM
I don't know what I want. I am looking for data to help me make an informed decision. I'm not looking for someone to just tell me what to buy.
#5Shawwty08(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:23:31 PM
Also, can't afford both. Only can afford ONE.
#6jumbrocatPosted 4/14/2014 6:24:13 PM
Wait till Christmas. The libraries of both consoles do not make them an esential purchase yet.
#7denniedarkoPosted 4/14/2014 6:27:25 PM
If you are hoping for old school jrpgs to return, (and I agree), the I would lean toward the PS4 as it seems the console that would get them, (not saying the one wouldn't).

I have both systems, and I prefer the PS4 over all, but really like the games I have on the One, (Ryse and Dead Rising 3). I do not like that the One forces the Kinect on you, (I left it in the box), and would have probably picked it up retail over the PS4 if it wasn't for the Kinect, (I ended up buying a friends for $200).

As a gamer I like em both and honestly don't think you could wrong with either one.
---
Now Playing: Xenogears
Last Played: Metal Gear Rising, (8/10), DmC: Devil May Cry, (9/10)
#8_PDZero_Posted 4/14/2014 6:30:06 PM
If you got to have someone convince you to buy something, maybe it's best you don't.
#9Semp1Posted 4/14/2014 6:31:14 PM(edited)
It's a hard decision to be honest but the one thing xbox has like always is a much better operating system and online play. Way better. Take it from some one who owns both. Now when it comes to the ps4 the multi platform games always at least for now turn out a little better on them when it comes to graphics or frame per second. Nothing so much better though that is that noticable. Basically and lastly in the end do you want Titanfall or Infamous? Both great exclusives but Titanfall will hold your attention much longer.
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#10Shawwty08(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:31:53 PM
"It's a hard decision to be honest but the one thing xbox has like always is a much better operating system and online play. Way better. Take it from some one who owns both."

This part of your comment really stood out to me. Do you mind elaborating a bit on what you mean when you say that? Can you give details here? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!