Was gonna buy PS4, but the PS4 boards didnt convince me. Why XBox One over PS4??

#11Kovifan27Posted 4/14/2014 5:33:32 PM
Wait until E3. Decide after.
#12MrImpatient35Posted 4/14/2014 5:40:26 PM
MJFJD posted...
Get both

Responses like that puzzle me. Not everyone can get both...at least not right away. I have X1 now. I'll prolly get PS4 next year.
---
FML
#13PackersXLVPosted 4/14/2014 5:47:35 PM
I've wrote this a lot on these boardtht I'll say it again. I own both consoles Xbox One and Ps4 but as it stands right now the Xbox One is the better investment and I wish I got it first back in November instead of waiting and getting it three weeks ago.
Why do I say Xbox One is the better investment cause I simply find it more fun to play games like Titanfall and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare to Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3.
I love all the media functions I have my satellite box hooked up in the extra HDMI slot and I love saying Xbox watch t.v.
The Ps4 is good and will be great but right now the only game that stands out is Infamous second son and killzone is alright it's graphically amazing but lacking in other areas.
One thing I will say is the multiplats like BF4 AC4 and COD look better on ps4 but on the other hand FIFA 14 and NBA 2k14 look better on Xbox one cause the colors pop more I think.
I don't regret buying ps4 cause the best games are still to come but right now Xbox one gets the most attention.
#14MJFJDPosted 4/14/2014 5:51:32 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
MJFJD posted...
Get both

Responses like that puzzle me. Not everyone can get both...at least not right away. I have X1 now. I'll prolly get PS4 next year.

Sometimes I see people obsess so long over which console to buy that if they actually did some real work they would be able to easily afford both.
#15Duke AriochPosted 4/14/2014 5:56:50 PM
I got the Xbox One, but I wouldn't recommend it to you. Not that I don't like it, but it won't have as many JRPG's if we even get any this gen (I don't consider FF a JRPG anymore, "tales of ..." is pretty much all that's left that we can consider AAA). Fighting games I don't generally keep up on but any that I play are usually multiplat. Honestly though, don't get either until a game you want is out.
---
"Blood and souls for my Lord Arioch!" - Elric of Melnibone
#16X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 4/14/2014 6:00:37 PM
_PDZero_ posted...
If you got to have someone convince you to buy something, maybe it's best you don't.

This is a good rule to go by. If you're not interested enough in the consoles to form your own opinion based on games, features, etc. then any hype we create for you is going to wear off fairly quickly and you're going to be disappointed either way. Hold off until one console has a clear advantage in your opinion and then go with that one; what other people tell you isn't always going to apply to what you'll experience firsthand.
---
We all give up eventually...
#17Shawwty08(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:02:19 PM
MJFJD posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
MJFJD posted...
Get both

Sometimes I see people obsess so long over which console to buy that if they actually did some real work they would be able to easily afford both.

This message is probably well directed at a lot of people, but just for the record, I have a great job that keeps me away for 55-65 hours each week, plus a good amount of travel. It's not even to the point of being able to afford both.

I could afford both if it were just price. But I can't afford both when it comes to TIME.

Seriously, man. Some people just are in a position where they have to pick. Some of us just want a little help in CHOOSING, that's all.

No offense meant, I hope none taken.
#18ave1Posted 4/14/2014 6:10:09 PM(edited)
Here are a couple things to think about- If you want to use a PS3, Xbox 360 (including the steering wheel), or PS4 controller on your X1 you can do that with the Controller Max adapter. There are no options available to do that on PS4...

Also- the PS4 doesn't have racing game exclusives coming out soon- not even Ridge Racer. X1 had Forza 5 out now and Forza Horizon 2 coming out in a few months. Both have next gen graphics and have the benefit of the X1 controller's rumble triggers giving you extra tactile feedback of braking/accelerating on the road courses.
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#19MJFJDPosted 4/14/2014 6:07:38 PM
Shawwty08 posted...
MJFJD posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
MJFJD posted...
Get both

This message is probably well directed at a lot of people, but just for the record, I have a great job that keeps me away for 55-65 hours each week, plus a good amount of travel. It's not even to the point of being able to afford both.

I could afford both if it were just price. But I can't afford both when it comes to TIME.

Seriously, man. Some people just are in a position where they have to pick. Some of us just want a little help in CHOOSING, that's all.

No offense meant, I hope none taken.

Fair enough. Based on your preferences that you have shared I would say you are more likely to get maximum value out of a PS4.

IF there is going to be a resurgence of JRPGS it is most likely to occur on playstation.

Also, Graphics are currently better on the PS4 and although we do not know what the future may bring it is likely the PS4 will maintain its lead in this category.
#20GevousPosted 4/14/2014 6:08:19 PM
If you want jrpgs and liked the ps3, isn't the answer obvious?