Was gonna buy PS4, but the PS4 boards didnt convince me. Why XBox One over PS4??

#41LeJonGriffPosted 4/14/2014 9:13:29 PM
Shawwty08 posted...
I just want a system as kickass as the PS3 was. I loved fighting games on it. Sports like the 2K series, and I have always been hoping for old school JRPGs to return. I want good graphics, but dont own PS4 or XBox One.

Why might you recommend the XBox One over the PS4 to me?

TC

If you want JRPGS, and good graphics, then I'd go PS4. The PS4 has better graphical capabilities. Multiplats run better on the console. That part isn't really disputable. If you're a JRPG fan then I'd go PS4. If the old school style makes a return it'll most likely be on PS4. There were far more on Playstation than on Xbox for the past two gens. Plus Japanese RPGs are more likely to be on the Japanese companies console anyways. Just makes more sense.

Depends on fighting games you like. Xbox has killer instinct, but PS4 is getting Guilty Gear. You'll more than likely see those types of fighters on PS4 and killer instinct similar ones on the One.

Sports games... I'm unfamiliar with whether there will be exclusive sports games... though there might be I guess. Other than that they'll be the same on both systems. The only difference is the PS4 versions will probably look and play better. You did say graphics matter to you so I guess the Playstation would be your best bet.

Seriously though. You'll be saving $100 dollars because of that and you can use that on FFXIV ARR. MMOJRPG if you're into that kinda thing. Once I get a PS4 that's what I'll be playing. Pretty big RPG guy right here.
---
http://i.imgur.com/E5QBeUc.jpg
The more you know
#42BaronVladzPosted 4/14/2014 9:18:20 PM
I vote for PS4 for the fighting (Injustice, UFC, Guilty Gear) + sports (all the EA games) + jRPG (FF, KH3) and 3DS for the jRPG (Bravely Default, Tales of Abyss, SMT IV, Etrian Odyssey) + Smash Bros
#43kcypher2000Posted 4/14/2014 9:21:52 PM
I got both and i am happy with both. PS4 is definitely lacking the games but i see its potential and infamous is a solid rental.

Overall if i had to pick one it would be the xbox. Huge variety of games for a system that is only 6 mos old and the features are pretty nice. Skype with kinect 2 works really well. Voice controls and autosign in are convenient and i really like the recording feature on xbox more than ps4. Ps4 pulls you out of the games after you share and you can only upload to facebook or twitter which is lame.

I mostly play pc ports and indies on ps4 and AAA games on xbox.
#44kcypher2000Posted 4/14/2014 9:23:31 PM
BaronVladz posted...
I vote for PS4 for the fighting (Injustice, UFC, Guilty Gear) + sports (all the EA games) + jRPG (FF, KH3) and 3DS for the jRPG (Bravely Default, Tales of Abyss, SMT IV, Etrian Odyssey) + Smash Bros

BaronVladz posted...

FF and KH3 are on Xbox also. Injustice is old and the online community on ps4 is dead. UFC is multiplat and the sports games are also multiplatform.

Very biased list.
#45BaronVladzPosted 4/14/2014 9:29:02 PM
kcypher2000 posted...

FF and KH3 are on Xbox also. Injustice is old and the online community on ps4 is dead. UFC is multiplat and the sports games are also multiplatform.

Very biased list.

Sorry about my opinion, should I just come out and say that the multiplats are better on the PS4? or is that biased too?
#46Shinobi120Posted 4/14/2014 9:57:16 PM
kcypher2000 posted...

Very biased list.

While Final Fantasy XV & Kingdom Hearts III are on Xbox One, they will sell much, much less on Xbox One in general.
#47TheLightsAreOnPosted 4/14/2014 10:10:21 PM
There is only one reason to get ANY game system. It has games YOU want.

If you get a system for any other reason, you are doing it wrong.
---
"The Vita is made from space age parts, some of which don't even exist yet."
-stargazer64-
#48jZangetsu21Posted 4/14/2014 10:28:17 PM
You need other people to help you make up your own decisions?

You're a sad person.

On the PS4 boards, the people will tell you to get a PS4.

On the X1 boards, the people will tell you to get an X1.

Just get whichever one of them has what you want.

Jeez.
---
i5 3570k*8gb DDR3 1600Mhz*GTX 780* PC, Console, Handheld, Mobile, whatever, I love games ^^
EU PSN: jZangetsu21
#49Spetsnaz420Posted 4/14/2014 10:52:31 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Old school JRPGs? get a 3DS or Vita.

This is by far the best solution if JRPGs are a focal point. Also considering you seem to be away from home a lot, a portable system could potentially see hundreds of hours of use over a home console or PC
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#50XxReklawxXPosted 4/14/2014 11:04:56 PM
The ps4 OS is much much smoother. It's not conjested like the ones. Ps4 gets free games each month, the online system is just as good, the store is constantly updated, the controller is better IMO, it doesn't force anything on you, you can charge your controller when the system is off, great exclusives, going to be able to buy classics soon, the system is quiet, don't have as much obnoxious people online, has great load times, amazing graphics... Now that's just my opinion on the ps4 however I don't own a Xbox one but I have played it quite a bit on my sisters, and a lot of friends as well..didn't find the OS to be nearly as good, the system controller made my hand stuff after hours (broke my hand a while back and never got surgery) so I'm sure that has something to so with it. I didn't really care for dead rising or ryse, I enjoyed forza but I got tiring after a while.

The graphics don't really take notice until you actually look for the details, however I do enjoy everything about my ps4, and I'm sure everyone xbox owner will say the same about their system. It's all a matter of opinion and types of games you enjoy.