Waiting for E3, but considering jumping ship.

#1Deathstroke33Posted 4/15/2014 11:00:36 AM
I'm holding off to see what games are going to be announced for the XB1 at E3 before making a decision, but strongly considering selling my XB1 and getting a PS4. I bought into much of the hype of the XB1 and have thus far, been a bit disappointed. I had such high hopes for Ryse and was massively let down. Titanfall has been a LOT of fun but the lack of customization on characters, Titans and guns is a let down. A bigger let down is the content (or lack there of) in the first DLC.

Overall, I've enjoyed my time with the XB1. I don't care all that much about the whole resolution and fps arguments that continue to be made and I like the Kinect and the features it brings with it. In the end I'm looking to the future and trying to figure out if I made an error in my purchase.

Does anyone have some info on E3 that will give me (and I assume many other XB1 supporters) some optimism?

I'm sure I'll be called a troll, but I'm not. The last thing I want to do is switch consoles. I LOVE the XB1 controller and XBL is (IMO) far superior to PS+. In the end, I'm a gamer and want to play the best games.
#2steelix55Posted 4/15/2014 11:04:50 AM
I'm kind of in the same boat. My Xbox One is giving me some hardware issues, and I am not a fan of the Kinect at all. Strongly considering trading it in for a PS4 and then buying an Xbox One down the road when it has more games, no Kinect, and a vastly cheaper price.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x64
#3SnoicFactorPosted 4/15/2014 11:06:47 AM
Sony always delivers with exclusives.
---
nt
#4MJFJDPosted 4/15/2014 11:08:02 AM
Well there is really no compelling reason to jump ship until you see what E3 offers. No one knows anything concrete about what is coming at E3. At least no one who is actually going to share it.
#5kyncaniPosted 4/15/2014 11:12:01 AM
Deathstroke33 posted...
I bought into much of the hype of the XB1

Lolwut ..??
#6userfrigginamePosted 4/15/2014 11:15:35 AM(edited)
Honestly, if you're gonna impulse buy based on what the newest games are gonna be (or due to a lack of new games), then you're just better off having both. What if PS4 has a few great exclusives, then has a drought, while Xbox One suddenly has a few great games? Are you gonna sell your PS4, and re-buy a Xbox One? You'd just be wasting money. I'm pretty sure plenty of ppl are done with Infamous, and are now waiting on the next game to play. You'd probably be in the same both as they are in less than a month. You'll have played Infamous, Knack, Resogun, and Killzone within a small time period, and just be looking for the next game to come out like you are now.

But either way, just be patient and wait for E3, and make a judgement then. News isn't gonna come seeping out when you beckon for it.
#7GambitbuzzkillPosted 4/15/2014 11:13:12 AM
If your not happy get a PS4 why wait just know thre grass isn't always greener on the other side.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#8HorridhalPosted 4/15/2014 11:15:34 AM
If I were going to choose one or the other I would go ps4, TC.

That being said I recommend you purchase both systems, if possible, as both will have exclusives worth playing.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#9Jedi454Posted 4/15/2014 11:19:23 AM
Keep your Xbox One. Me and a buddy in the gym both agreed if you don't train legs, you buy a Ps4. We also agreed that the console will improve as more updates roll out.
---
Get Good Kid.
#10ExxexPosted 4/15/2014 11:26:55 AM
Why jump ship before you hit land? E3 will bring new things to the table for both sides. Keep your stuff and keep gaming.
---
Calm down ladies...it's only gamefaqs...