Waiting for E3, but considering jumping ship.

#61prozac786Posted 4/16/2014 11:24:47 PM
Jump ship ASAP. Compared to the PS4, the X1 is a joke.

Had the PS4 not been released, then the X1 would be best, because it's barely an upgrade from last gen, just like the Wii U.

But as it stands today, it will never compete with the PS4. Note, I said compete. 3 mill vs 7 mill is not competition.

Multiplat discrepancies will continue to rise, 1st Party PS4 exclusives will push that gap even further. Look at Killzone, Infamous, The Order and Uncharted visually.

Hardware wise, the X1 is again, a joke. The sheer size tells you how poorly it was designed, needing so much ventilation. The PS4 hardware, despite being much more powerful, can still operate at maximum, inside such a small/slim body, without issues. That's reliable hardware.

Sony will dominate at E3 again and MS will probably announce more price cuts.

Jump ship now, while your X1 is still worth some money.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#62jairusmonillasPosted 4/16/2014 11:43:24 PM
MS always give their best at the beginning only to leave it behind after awhile, look at 360 dominating at the beginning only to give xbox fans kinect after kinect after kinect lol
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#63slowdog76Posted 4/17/2014 1:22:25 AM
prozac786 posted...
Jump ship ASAP. Compared to the PS4, the X1 is a joke.

Had the PS4 not been released, then the X1 would be best, because it's barely an upgrade from last gen, just like the Wii U.

But as it stands today, it will never compete with the PS4. Note, I said compete. 3 mill vs 7 mill is not competition.

Multiplat discrepancies will continue to rise, 1st Party PS4 exclusives will push that gap even further. Look at Killzone, Infamous, The Order and Uncharted visually.

Hardware wise, the X1 is again, a joke. The sheer size tells you how poorly it was designed, needing so much ventilation. The PS4 hardware, despite being much more powerful, can still operate at maximum, inside such a small/slim body, without issues. That's reliable hardware.

Sony will dominate at E3 again and MS will probably announce more price cuts.

Jump ship now, while your X1 is still worth some money.

Lmao. Oh dear
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#64Axess68Posted 4/17/2014 7:07:16 AM
I feel a storm a-brewin' after that scallywag Prozac's post.....

Feel it in mah bones, I do.....yup....tarnation.....
#65RybalPosted 4/17/2014 12:52:17 PM
Axess68 posted...
I feel a storm a-brewin' after that scallywag Prozac's post.....

Feel it in mah bones, I do.....yup....tarnation.....

And until then, it was one of the best threads I've seen on the Xbox One boards with actual discussion and limited fanboyism.

TC - I'm with many of the others on this board in recommending that you wait until E3 to make a decision. Usually, snap decisions are the ones we end up regretting later.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#66Mindwipe77Posted 4/17/2014 12:56:08 PM
these consoles are only 5 months old and ppl already ready to give up on them before the games even start coming out lol, seriously why did you ppl even invest in a game console? Alot of the xbox posters here are pathetic fanboys who spout nonsense but i love the xbox and it's games and i say TC give the x1 AND the ps4 a chance to get some games out, the 360 and ps3 took awhile to get rolling too...some of you are so entitled these days you want it all NOW NOW NOW
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#67Axess68Posted 4/17/2014 3:51:45 PM
That's why I agree with the idea of waiting a year or so before buying either.

Last generation, the PS3 and the 360 were the primary focus of developers, with support rapidly dropping off for the previous consoles. This time, both MS and Sony said they will support the 360 and PS3 for at least 2 years more. That's a lot of divided resources at the Dev houses.

The good stuff is on it's way. There is a lot of untapped horsepower in this consoles we supposedly haven't seen yet. Wait until it plays out until you jump ship or make a decision. You might even get a nice substantial price drop and a less buggy console. I remember the RRoD. 3 Xbox 360's later, I remember it all too well.