Hard drive space breakdown?

#1Theodore60Posted 4/15/2014 6:32:10 PM
Other than the little circle saying 14.8% used 310.8 GB free. Is there a breakdown showing how much each installed game and system memory is being used like the 360 had?

I just got my xbox one yesterday, still trying to figure out where everything is.

Also is there a way to turn auto sign in on? I have to select my profile to sign in every time I turn my xbox on.

thanks in advance!
---
Not changing this sig until CJayC returns gamefaqs to its former glory!
#2crynryanPosted 4/15/2014 6:42:55 PM
When you highlight a game and press Menu (they changed Start/Back to Menu/View), you should see an option on the list that pops up that says the size. Not sure if it takes account of the DLC, but at the least it'll show you the game's default size + updates.

As for how much storage is tied up from save files, system files, or recorded video, it tells you nothing. All that stuff has reserved space, which Microsoft believes you shouldn't ever have to worry about. If you start running out of room it will tell you to delete things though.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3Theodore60(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2014 6:49:04 PM
crynryan posted...
When you highlight a game and press Menu (they changed Start/Back to Menu/View), you should see an option on the list that pops up that says the size. Not sure if it takes account of the DLC, but at the least it'll show you the game's default size + updates.

As for how much storage is tied up from save files, system files, or recorded video, it tells you nothing. All that stuff has reserved space, which Microsoft believes you shouldn't ever have to worry about. If you start running out of room it will tell you to delete things though.

Thanks! seems 500 GB doesn't mean a whole lot on these new systems. All I have is Forza 5 and Titanfall Installed and whatever system info and i'm already down to 300 GB left. 4 or 5 more games and some dlc and that will sure eat that last 300 gigs pretty quick. :S
---
Not changing this sig until CJayC returns gamefaqs to its former glory!
#4squarex8264Posted 4/15/2014 7:22:14 PM
Theodore60 posted...
crynryan posted...

Thanks! seems 500 GB doesn't mean a whole lot on these new systems. All I have is Forza 5 and Titanfall Installed and whatever system info and i'm already down to 300 GB left. 4 or 5 more games and some dlc and that will sure eat that last 300 gigs pretty quick. :S

Yeah, you don't start with 500GB. I believe after the system reserve and other overhead, you have something like 390ish GB for game installations.

I thought it would be pretty small, but I have at least five retail titles and four arcadish titles on my box, and am less than half full.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#5x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 4/15/2014 7:32:22 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Theodore60 posted...
crynryan posted...

Yeah, you don't start with 500GB. I believe after the system reserve and other overhead, you have something like 390ish GB for game installations.

I thought it would be pretty small, but I have at least five retail titles and four arcadish titles on my box, and am less than half full.

I think its 362 available to us. Pretty sad.