Don't like the Kinect? You don't like innovation my friend.

#1Jedi454Posted 4/15/2014 8:16:28 PM
The Kinect will revolutionise the way we use our consoles for gaming and all other extras. Love or Hate it, the Kinect is here to stay bundled with Xbox One consoles and if you disagree, you can buy a Playstation 4. There is also a strong support for the Playstation 4 Eye camera, so what for every one person that dislikes the Kinect or Eye, five love it. Face the facts, this is the future of gaming, along with VR headsets.

I'm out.
---
Get Good Kid.
#2uniquebadgerPosted 4/15/2014 8:19:00 PM
I'll bite. It's not really innovation at this point. I would call the Kinect 1.0 an attempt an innovation. At the 2.0 point where a lot of gamers don't want it i would call it an annoyance. Dead Rising 3 proved to me how annoying it is, for me at least. One cool ability is to lure zombies to your voice by saying "Over here" but i would rather just use a button on my controller to do that and not be forced to talk to my TV. I hope it goes away.
#3jonnyram4000Posted 4/15/2014 8:31:53 PM
Yea kinect just going do like 3d die like always once you learn that tc you will stop preaching your mumble jumble.
---
3820 5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | 3way FTW670 4gb |Sammy 830 256gb SSD I sammy 1tb l Mobo ASUS Rampage IV Formula l ASUS PB278Ql PSU ST1500 l HD598 l HDTV PN51D8000
#4Mr_KillstreakPosted 4/15/2014 8:37:24 PM
Yea, it's revolutionizing the inside of a box in my garage somewhere.

Just let the thing die.
#5uniquebadgerPosted 4/15/2014 8:38:44 PM
I place the Kinect in the same Failboat as 3DTV's. Fair attempt, but needs to go away now. Or at least not be forced on an install base so we can actually have more people wanting to buy the X1, which in turn would give more incentive to better exclusives.
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 4/15/2014 8:50:51 PM
Poor, sad, joyless haters. Kinect forgives your ignorance.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#7TenzhiPosted 4/15/2014 9:05:21 PM
Control options that are generally worse than a press of a button are hardly innovative. Voice commands and motion controls are definitely not a new thing. I guess I disagree, but I can still buy an XBOne and not use the Kinect at all because *shockingly* it is not at all necessary for using the XBOne.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#8da_StoOgePosted 4/15/2014 9:08:43 PM
Don't like one thing? Then you don't like anything, my friend.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#9Tyronelio1Posted 4/15/2014 9:30:16 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Poor, sad, joyless haters. Kinect forgives your ignorance.

+1
#10Terry-bogardPosted 4/15/2014 9:42:38 PM
Jedi454 posted...
The Kinect will revolutionise the way we use our consoles for gaming and all other extras. Love or Hate it, the Kinect is here to stay bundled with Xbox One consoles and if you disagree, you can buy a Playstation 4. There is also a strong support for the Playstation 4 Eye camera, so what for every one person that dislikes the Kinect or Eye, five love it. Face the facts, this is the future of gaming, along with VR headsets.

I'm out.

Kinect is a step back to me , there is nothing it adds that can't already be done more easily with a gamepad. having to wave your arms in front of your tv or say anything to make it work is slower than anything you'll do on a controller , so it's an inferior way to do it.

The only games worth it on a device like kinect are party games because the gameplay is so simple , no real game will ever work properly with kinect because there are much more things you can do with a pad than with real motions.

Palystation move and gamepads like the ps4 are a good alternative because it fuses the usefulness of a gamepad with added benefits of motions recognition.
Kinect deoesn't have buttons , only you waving your arms like an idiot , and you'll get tired way before anyone with a pad.
---
Only kids brag about performances in a videogame. Being good at a videogame is only about spending time playing it , nothing special about it.