Marty O'Donell has been fired

#11da_StoOgePosted 4/16/2014 12:19:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12sn3akywafflesPosted 4/16/2014 12:20:36 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
A composer for some first person shooter got fired. Oh noes.

You say it like he didn't create one of the most recognisable theme songs in gaming history.

---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#13slyman19Posted 4/16/2014 12:45:14 AM
I would love it if 343 picks him up.
#14LEGEND_725Posted 4/16/2014 12:57:36 AM
sn3akywaffles posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

You say it like he didn't create one of the most recognisable theme songs in gaming history.

---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#15Spetsnaz420Posted 4/16/2014 1:02:07 AM
jakethenoob posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

Halo isn't just "some first person shooter" and Marty is about as recognizable as people like Nobuo Uemastu and Grant Kirkhope.

I don't know who this Grant guy is but you have a lot of nerve comparing him to Nobou
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#16slyman19Posted 4/16/2014 1:04:58 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
jakethenoob posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

Halo isn't just "some first person shooter" and Marty is about as recognizable as people like Nobuo Uemastu and Grant Kirkhope.

I don't know who this Grant guy is but you have a lot of nerve comparing him to Nobou

What did Nobou do that is so high and mighty?
#17Cornbread4lifePosted 4/16/2014 1:31:19 AM
slyman19 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
jakethenoob posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

FFIX and FFX for me, without a doubt.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#18TheGleamEyesPosted 4/16/2014 1:33:56 AM
slyman19 posted...

It's called ******* google? And it's Nobuo

Not to mention lol? The only folks that don't know Nobuo are derpbros who only play americanized ****, and probably haven't even been playing video games for long anyways.
#19Tyronelio1Posted 4/16/2014 1:37:50 AM
TheGleamEyes posted...
slyman19 posted...

It's called ******* google? And it's Nobuo

Not to mention lol? The only folks that don't know Nobuo are derpbros who only play americanized ****, and probably haven't even been playing video games for long anyways.

I've been playing final fantasy since 4 and I have no clue who any of the composers are.
In fact I don't know any game composers name just their creations.

I must be a super dudebro who only likes americanised crap.

Also what's wrong with western gaming? Atleast it evolves and doesn't remain the same or try to copy other regions.

Some of us gamers actually enjoy western/eastern gaming equally and don't discriminate against one culture of games just cause.
#20TenzhiPosted 4/16/2014 1:48:24 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

I didn't even recall that Halo had music, much less would I be able to recognize its theme. It's not like it's Wind's Nocturne, Bloody Tears, Aerith's Theme, or, heck, even the theme from Elevator Action.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.