Is the controller update necessary?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is the controller update necessary?
2 years ago#1
lol I was laughing at my friend so much last night. He wanted to do the controller update, but didn't have a micro USB cable. How in the world can someone not have one? lol I have at least 5 of them for no reason.

But anyway, is the controller update even worth him worrying about?
FML
2 years ago#2
If he's never had a smartphone, he most likely would never have had a micro USB without intentionally buying one.

Anyway, it says that it improves wireless connectivity.
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
2 years ago#3
IMrImpatient35 posted...
lol I was laughing at my friend so much last night. He wanted to do the controller update, but didn't have a micro USB cable. How in the world can someone not have one? lol I have at least 5 of them for no reason.

But anyway, is the controller update even worth him worrying about?

Only if you have a gaming headset. My X12 static disappeared after the update.
PC: i7 4770K, GeForce GTX 770, CORSAIR 8GB
XBL GT, STEAM ID: jparis09 FC: 5043-1647-8514
2 years ago#4
I just tried to do the controller update myself because I'm currently playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, and it keeps randomly selecting my weapons on the dpad. I put the controller down and like 2 minutes later it switched from my bow and arrow to my handgun.

Apparently my microUSB is too big or something, cause it wont fit (giggity). I tried two of my microUSB cords. Both don't fit.
FML
2 years ago#5
Stop saying lol.
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
2 years ago#6
Yeah there's no more static anymore. I hope this update resolved the issue of the controller randomly turning off, since I got my headset I've been playing with my controller constantly plugged in. It would be nice to go wireless and know that my controller won't randomly disconnect after two hours.
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
2 years ago#7
MrImpatient35 posted...
I just tried to do the controller update myself because I'm currently playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, and it keeps randomly selecting my weapons on the dpad. I put the controller down and like 2 minutes later it switched from my bow and arrow to my handgun.

Apparently my microUSB is too big or something, cause it wont fit (giggity). I tried two of my microUSB cords. Both don't fit.

Did you have voice control on or off? I remember for some reason the sound of my father (yes I still live at home at 22) using a nail gun ALWAYS made Laura switch weapons, drove me insane until I turned off the voice control.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
2 years ago#8
I didn't have one. I have a dozen mini-USB cables, but no micro.
Stupid iPhones and their stupid unique cables.
Being modded without reason since 2035.
2 years ago#9
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Did you have voice control on or off? I remember for some reason the sound of my father (yes I still live at home at 22) using a nail gun ALWAYS made Laura switch weapons, drove me insane until I turned off the voice control.

I didn't even know you could do that. I'll turn it off when I play later.
FML
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is the controller update necessary?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived