Is the controller update necessary?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 4/16/2014 4:27:24 AM
lol I was laughing at my friend so much last night. He wanted to do the controller update, but didn't have a micro USB cable. How in the world can someone not have one? lol I have at least 5 of them for no reason.

But anyway, is the controller update even worth him worrying about?
---
FML
#2LapanuiPosted 4/16/2014 5:08:38 AM
If he's never had a smartphone, he most likely would never have had a micro USB without intentionally buying one.

Anyway, it says that it improves wireless connectivity.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3jparis09Posted 4/16/2014 5:53:23 AM
IMrImpatient35 posted...
lol I was laughing at my friend so much last night. He wanted to do the controller update, but didn't have a micro USB cable. How in the world can someone not have one? lol I have at least 5 of them for no reason.

But anyway, is the controller update even worth him worrying about?

Only if you have a gaming headset. My X12 static disappeared after the update.
---
PC: i7 4770K, GeForce GTX 770, CORSAIR 8GB
XBL GT, STEAM ID: jparis09 FC: 5043-1647-8514
#4MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 6:37:51 AM
I just tried to do the controller update myself because I'm currently playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, and it keeps randomly selecting my weapons on the dpad. I put the controller down and like 2 minutes later it switched from my bow and arrow to my handgun.

Apparently my microUSB is too big or something, cause it wont fit (giggity). I tried two of my microUSB cords. Both don't fit.
---
FML
#5robert_rangersuPosted 4/16/2014 7:17:40 AM
Stop saying lol.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#6motoraptorPosted 4/16/2014 7:26:27 AM
Yeah there's no more static anymore. I hope this update resolved the issue of the controller randomly turning off, since I got my headset I've been playing with my controller constantly plugged in. It would be nice to go wireless and know that my controller won't randomly disconnect after two hours.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#7MurryEB_Alt1Posted 4/16/2014 7:44:27 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I just tried to do the controller update myself because I'm currently playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, and it keeps randomly selecting my weapons on the dpad. I put the controller down and like 2 minutes later it switched from my bow and arrow to my handgun.

Apparently my microUSB is too big or something, cause it wont fit (giggity). I tried two of my microUSB cords. Both don't fit.

Did you have voice control on or off? I remember for some reason the sound of my father (yes I still live at home at 22) using a nail gun ALWAYS made Laura switch weapons, drove me insane until I turned off the voice control.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#8da_StoOgePosted 4/16/2014 8:06:53 AM
I didn't have one. I have a dozen mini-USB cables, but no micro.
Stupid iPhones and their stupid unique cables.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#9MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 8:06:59 AM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Did you have voice control on or off? I remember for some reason the sound of my father (yes I still live at home at 22) using a nail gun ALWAYS made Laura switch weapons, drove me insane until I turned off the voice control.

I didn't even know you could do that. I'll turn it off when I play later.
---
FML