Tommorow's NPD: Post your predictions

#1Gadoken22Posted 4/16/2014 4:20:09 AM
Q) What's an NPD?

A) NPD tracks the number of shipments for consoles and games. Companies use them to gauge their success of their product.

Q) Does NPD account for world wide sales?

A) Nope. NPD counts for the US only. So saying things like 'MS lost because they haven't released in more markets' is disingenuous

Q) What's so special about THIS NPD?

A) It's special because Microsoft has always won NPD, sometimes for 38 month stretches at a time and now they might lose 3 times in a row. It's their home market. Plus they need to reverse the image that they're doing less than Sony. It's also important because Titanfall has been released and MS is banking on it as a system seller. If it didn't help Xbox One win March's NPD, they'll have to wait six months until H2

For reference sake, PS4 needs to sell zero units every month for MS to close the gap.

Q) So what do I have to do?

A) Post your prediction and you'll be indicted into the hall of fame or shame (not really)

PS4: 390k
XB1: 375k

Reason: Whilst MS was aggressive in March, slashing prices and having to compensate EA for practically giving away Titanfall for free, we can still see Day One Editions and Titanfall bundles in the wild. Plus, Amazon's best seller list kind of gave me that vibe.

I'm willing to allow there's a slight chance MS might take this NPD but in EITHER case, the difference will be miniscule.
#2dnmtPosted 4/16/2014 4:25:02 AM
I have no earthly idea what the numbers could be this time around. I can say, however, that if the Xbone doesn't outsell the PS4 this month (and significantly at that) MS may as well pack their things and go home 'cause this console war is over.
#3TrueBlue91Posted 4/16/2014 4:34:28 AM
PS4 20% ahead.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#4BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/16/2014 4:35:05 AM
I predict fanboys from each camp will come out in droves to argue over the numbers. Kinda like they do every time numbers of any kind are released.

It truly is a glorious time to be a console gamer. We get to nitpick and fight over stuff, as if we held stock in one of the companies, just because we purchased a console.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#5Tyronelio1Posted 4/16/2014 4:36:29 AM
Prediction: I will not care at all, but I will enjoy all the idiot fanboy and reassurance threads tomorrow from the idiots that think they're superior for some idiotic reason because they own one console/pc.
#6DarthUchiha91Posted 4/16/2014 4:40:21 AM
Gadoken22 posted...
Q) What's an NPD?

A) NPD tracks the number of shipments for consoles and games. Companies use them to gauge their success of their product.

Q) Does NPD account for world wide sales?

A) Nope. NPD counts for the US only. So saying things like 'MS lost because they haven't released in more markets' is disingenuous

Q) What's so special about THIS NPD?

A) It's special because Microsoft has always won NPD, sometimes for 38 month stretches at a time and now they might lose 3 times in a row. It's their home market. Plus they need to reverse the image that they're doing less than Sony. It's also important because Titanfall has been released and MS is banking on it as a system seller. If it didn't help Xbox One win March's NPD, they'll have to wait six months until H2

For reference sake, PS4 needs to sell zero units every month for MS to close the gap.

Q) So what do I have to do?

A) Post your prediction and you'll be indicted into the hall of fame or shame (not really)

PS4: 390k
XB1: 375k

Reason: Whilst MS was aggressive in March, slashing prices and having to compensate EA for practically giving away Titanfall for free, we can still see Day One Editions and Titanfall bundles in the wild. Plus, Amazon's best seller list kind of gave me that vibe.

I'm willing to allow there's a slight chance MS might take this NPD but in EITHER case, the difference will be miniscule.

Nothing to say really, came here to say exactly that.
---
Darth Sidious reaction to the XBone's Cloud : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y
#7ElPolloDiablo87Posted 4/16/2014 4:42:06 AM(edited)
PS4: 378k
X1: 550k

PS4 is still supply constrained and Xbox One will benefit from the Titanfall launch bundle and numerous sales during the month of March.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#8kyncaniPosted 4/16/2014 5:30:47 AM(edited)
USA only ? Well, it should be about the same in the USA.
Titanfall is a shooter so it should cancel the PS4 lead somehow.
Only in the USA though, it does not work that way in the rest of the world.
Media Create in particular (Japan) will be very different.
#9BSerenityPosted 4/16/2014 5:01:51 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Prediction: I will not care at all, but I will enjoy all the idiot fanboy and reassurance threads tomorrow from the idiots that think they're superior for some idiotic reason because they own one console/pc.

Hope I don't see you posting in those topics regardless of which box leads then. Don't be Jedi.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#10GeistPosted 4/16/2014 5:06:47 AM
I predict a ton of people arguing over pointless numbers while I sit back and enjoy some more Titanfall.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!