Tommorow's NPD: Post your predictions

#31Satchmo25Posted 4/16/2014 4:36:15 PM
dnmt posted...
I have no earthly idea what the numbers could be this time around. I can say, however, that if the Xbone doesn't outsell the PS4 this month (and significantly at that) MS may as well pack their things and go home 'cause this console war is over.

That's some hefty preemptive damage control
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#32Mindwipe77Posted 4/16/2014 4:43:33 PM
what do the sales have to do with any of you? so you can squeal with glee that your plastic box is beating another? MS and Sony are the only winners with your cash
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#33BoomerHelllPosted 4/16/2014 4:46:54 PM
Gadoken22 posted...
Q) What's an NPD?

A) NPD tracks the number of shipments for consoles and games. Companies use them to gauge their success of their product.

Q) Does NPD account for world wide sales?

A) Nope. NPD counts for the US only. So saying things like 'MS lost because they haven't released in more markets' is disingenuous

Q) What's so special about THIS NPD?

A) It's special because Microsoft has always won NPD, sometimes for 38 month stretches at a time and now they might lose 3 times in a row. It's their home market. Plus they need to reverse the image that they're doing less than Sony. It's also important because Titanfall has been released and MS is banking on it as a system seller. If it didn't help Xbox One win March's NPD, they'll have to wait six months until H2

For reference sake, PS4 needs to sell zero units every month for MS to close the gap.

Q) So what do I have to do?

A) Post your prediction and you'll be indicted into the hall of fame or shame (not really)

PS4: 390k
XB1: 375k

Reason: Whilst MS was aggressive in March, slashing prices and having to compensate EA for practically giving away Titanfall for free, we can still see Day One Editions and Titanfall bundles in the wild. Plus, Amazon's best seller list kind of gave me that vibe.

I'm willing to allow there's a slight chance MS might take this NPD but in EITHER case, the difference will be miniscule.

I love how you thought of excuses if ps4 wins or loses, if they win "haha even TF couldn't beat the PLAYSTATION!" if they lose "Of course xbone would win, they have been slashing prices and bundling TF in every box! and they only lost by x amount of units!" you guys need to game or go outside, pick one and dont comeback.
#34scoobydoobydontPosted 4/16/2014 4:50:59 PM
Xbone: 8
PS4: eleventy million
Wii U: oui... non!
PS3: duckies
360: 147k
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#35necro00Posted 4/16/2014 4:53:15 PM
I have a bucket prepared to collect all the tears after 4pm est tomorrow
#36PulpPosted 4/16/2014 5:34:30 PM
Unlike last month's numbers, I have no sense of where they will be this time. I will stay with a similar ratio though...but to be honest, I wouldn't be "totally" surprised if I am way off and the Bone matched or exceeded PS4 in the US finally (and if they do, I bet it drops massively next NPD).

So lets say:

Xbone: 290k
PS4: 340k
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#37death cloudPosted 4/16/2014 5:35:03 PM
This topic sucks. Marked for just being bad.
---
Let's all try to be nice.
#38LEGEND_725Posted 4/16/2014 6:38:07 PM
I predict alot of butthurt trolling from ponies
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#39unclekoolaid73Posted 4/16/2014 6:46:35 PM
Some of you are going to look quite foolish tomorrow. Not saying who but I have a good feeling you know who you are.
#40Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/16/2014 6:57:09 PM
Pulp posted...
Unlike last month's numbers, I have no sense of where they will be this time. I will stay with a similar ratio though...but to be honest, I wouldn't be "totally" surprised if I am way off and the Bone matched or exceeded PS4 in the US finally (and if they do, I bet it drops massively next NPD).

So lets say:

Xbone: 290k
PS4: 340k

Eh it isn't like December 2013 was that long ago.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.