Titanfall's community rapidly dropping off like flies?

#1knightimexPosted 4/16/2014 5:06:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP9myweTa_A

It seems like everyone I know plus some from online feel that TF loses it's flair within weeks of release.

It's disheartening to me as I'm still interested in the game, but that interest is now in a state of decay, and it's gaining momentum.

Confirm or Deny?
---
Funniest Battlefield 4 picture ever.
https://i.imgur.com/dAYariw.jpg
#2Bat178Posted 4/16/2014 5:11:53 AM(edited)
It's a shooter, essentially CoD with robots, and people are getting sick of CoD (Ghosts sold worse than the previous few CoD games) and shooters.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#3Kovalchuk_Posted 4/16/2014 5:12:36 AM
knightimex topic.
---
3754-7115-0719
#4Hierarchy225Posted 4/16/2014 5:12:46 AM
Guess the fact that PS4 didn't get it wasn't enough to keep the community strong. :(
---
Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870 / Ice Safari: Snorunt, Bergminte, Dewgong
#5method115Posted 4/16/2014 5:17:12 AM
This is a common complaint I've been seeing lately. I can't really confirm or deny because the game just didn't really do it for me. It was fun that much is obvious to anyone but I felt BF4 was better in almost everyway.

One thing that can't be denied is the series has a ton more potential. The things they can do in sequel to improve upon everything could make this game the greatest FPS series of all time. It depends on what the devs plan to do with the game.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#6dnmtPosted 4/16/2014 5:25:33 AM(edited)
knightimex posted...
It seems like everyone I know plus some from online feel that TF loses it's flair within weeks of release.

That much was evident even during the beta, at least for me. Fun game but ultimately very shallow and extremely lacking in content when compared to CoD, BF and other fully-priced games in its genre. I think it would've been more successful if it launched at $40 or even became F2P with tons of cool cosmetic microtransactions for your Titan/pilot. Oh well, I'm sure they'll get it right for the inevitable sequel.

method115 posted...
This is a common complaint I've been seeing lately. I can't really confirm or deny because the game just didn't really do it for me. It was fun that much is obvious to anyone but I felt BF4 was better in almost everyway.

One thing that can't be denied is the series has a ton more potential. The things they can do in sequel to improve upon everything could make this game the greatest FPS series of all time. It depends on what the devs plan to do with the game.

I think it's hilarious how they created this amazing-looking universe that has diverse locales and interesting backdrop, and then did absolutely nothing with it. Really should've had a SP campaign or something (a real one, not the Brink-lite campaign we have currently).
#7OUberLordPosted 4/16/2014 5:24:41 AM
I still play the game near daily, but everyone's mileage varies.
#8Dev445Posted 4/16/2014 5:28:50 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
knightimex topic.

---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#9method115Posted 4/16/2014 5:31:45 AM
dnmt posted...
knightimex posted...

That much was evident even during the beta, at least for me. Fun game but ultimately very shallow and extremely lacking in content when compared to CoD, BF and other fully-priced games in its genre. I think it would've been more successful if it launched at $40 or even became F2P with tons of cool cosmetic microtransactions for your Titan/pilot. Oh well, I'm sure they'll get it right for the inevitable sequel.

method115 posted...

I think it's hilarious how they created this amazing-looking universe that has diverse locales and interesting backdrop, and then did absolutely nothing with it. Really should've had a SP campaign or something (a real one, not the Brink-lite campaign we have currently).

Yea one of the youtube reviewers who I watched do a review on this game said the exact same thing and I couldn't agree more. A game like this looks like it could have had one really great and exciting campaign espicially with levels built for exciting parkour type situations.

Maybe Respawn will be given more help for the next game so they can do something like that.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/16/2014 5:55:32 AM
I've played 3 rounds in 3 weeks.

Fun game, just doesn't keep me interested other than real short bursts.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant