GAME to shut down Xbox-only London store

#1dnmtPosted 4/16/2014 6:16:57 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-16-game-to-shut-down-xbox-only-london-store

The trial store opened in June 2013 and was designed to showcase Xbox 360 and Xbox One products, particularly in the lead-up to the latter's autumn launch.

Didn't even last a full year, what a shame.
#2Jedi454Posted 4/16/2014 6:17:57 AM
No one knew it existed.
---
Get Good Kid.
#3Tyronelio1Posted 4/16/2014 6:19:31 AM
Jedi454 posted...
No one knew it existed.

Game in Australia doesn't even exist to my knowledge anymore, everyone store I knew about shut down due to crappy business over a year ago.

That's what you get for over charging on everything.
#4kyncaniPosted 4/16/2014 6:28:17 AM
Can't say they didn't have a lot of faith toward the Xbox One O.O
#5RaRitsujunPosted 4/16/2014 6:30:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6carljenkPosted 4/16/2014 6:32:40 AM
Very silly of them to open up a store like that anyway.
#7TheGam3925Posted 4/16/2014 6:32:53 AM
Perhaps if MS can sell more units they won't have to close a lot more stores. Here's to hoping anyway.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#8Jedi454Posted 4/16/2014 6:39:45 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
No one knew it existed.

Game in Australia doesn't even exist to my knowledge anymore, everyone store I knew about shut down due to crappy business over a year ago.

I remember one GAME store. Do you remember Gametraders? They also shut down as far I know.
---
Get Good Kid.
#9motoraptorPosted 4/16/2014 6:44:05 AM
After reading the article (am I the only one?) I found this:

The trial store opened in June 2013 and was designed to showcase Xbox 360 and Xbox One products, particularly in the lead-up to the latter's autumn launch.

GAME has said that the store was only rented on a "short-term contract" but that learnings from its operation have been implemented in other stores nationwide.

In other words it's a pop-up shop. It was never intended to move a significant number of units or software. Create and raise awareness about the Xbox brand.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#10Tyronelio1Posted 4/16/2014 6:44:09 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
No one knew it existed.

I remember one GAME store. Do you remember Gametraders? They also shut down as far I know.

Up here there's a store that's still doing pretty good, has some awesome deals and old school stuff too, but it also has those annoying definition neckbeards guys that go out once every week to game traders to play table top games.

You would think a bunch of guys who live with their parents and don't shower nor shave would have respect for someone other than themselves. >.>