Gears of war forum coming this week

#31Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 10:55:11 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
stawg007 posted...
xacebop posted...
Are you high? Bots are awesome in gears of war. Unfortunately epic and ID games excel at enemy ai so much that when you play games like Titanfall you notice the difference.

This

While the bots can be insanely idiotic at times I'd rather a bot take the place of a guy that rage quits than get screwed over and leave it as a 4 v 5 situation for the rest of the match or worse

Getting rid of bots would be just as bad if not far worse than any of the changes they made in Judgement

How about if a guy rage quits, another guy (using a nice matchmaking system) joins in progress? Much better. Lots of games do this. Gears needs this.

No bots in matchmaking, please.

Thank you...even though I prefer gears 2 matchmaking...also to me it doesn't matter bots or no bots...I will love the game....but I would prefer no bots in competative modes
#32Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 10:55:52 AM
TrickyPony posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Why don't they just work on a new IP instead of the same cover based generic shooter, why do people like playing the same game over and over.

Because the series is fun to millions of people. Why would you not want more fun?

That's a rhetorical question I know you hate most things Xbox, just let us enjoy the news and go complain in another topic.

Thank you
#33TBONE_OGPosted 4/16/2014 10:57:49 AM
Lawboy2 posted...
<I totally agree.. I did like judgment..but it did not feel like gears personally...maybe because there were no grubs...had more fun on the lone survivor mode than any team based game modes...

I agree that not having Locust in multiplayer was a dumb move. Very dumb, as well as all those stupid skins. But in the end, that doesn't really effect gameplay. So that's not what pissed me off in Judgment.
---
Always O.G.
#34darealest47Posted 4/16/2014 11:00:12 AM
Gears 2 was the best gears. Unless this gears plays like gears 2 and not the boring gears 3 then I'm not interested.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#35stawg007Posted 4/16/2014 11:00:41 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
stawg007 posted...
xacebop posted...
Are you high? Bots are awesome in gears of war. Unfortunately epic and ID games excel at enemy ai so much that when you play games like Titanfall you notice the difference.

This

While the bots can be insanely idiotic at times I'd rather a bot take the place of a guy that rage quits than get screwed over and leave it as a 4 v 5 situation for the rest of the match or worse

Getting rid of bots would be just as bad if not far worse than any of the changes they made in Judgement

How about if a guy rage quits, another guy (using a nice matchmaking system) joins in progress? Much better. Lots of games do this. Gears needs this.

Umm it already does this

Unless of course your talking about Ranked in which case, sure take out bots as I always play quick match so I couldn't care less about Ranked
#36stawg007Posted 4/16/2014 11:10:54 AM
Lawboy2 posted...
stawg007 posted...
xacebop posted...

This

Then u weren't playing gears of war right..just because u loss a player doesn't mean u were going to lose...unless you were getting ur tale whipped from the get go...if ur playing on a team and it's death,arch the bots were easy kills and would cause u to lose..which is why a lot of ppl didn't like gears of war 3....gears is about strategy and teamwork...3 against 5 is no problem if u have a good team...unless the other team is just a lot better

Of course it doesn't mean you're going to lose but it most certainly puts you at a disadvantage and its up to the devs to make sure the game is as even as possible for both teams

Bots can like you say be a disadvantage in tdm because they may keep dying, or die as a leader in guardian or captured as a leader in ctl

But these can fixed or at least fixed a bit by making the ai better/smarter or simply making it so ai can never be a leader

If you're playing KOTH or any objective mode, hell, any mode that isn't TDM would you rather play with 4 players or maybe less against a team of 5 or would you rather have a bot in its/their place so at least the team's have even numbers?

Anyone that chooses not to have the bot on their team instead of having nobody is a ******* fool
#37Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 11:12:31 AM
stawg007 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
stawg007 posted...
xacebop posted...

This

Umm it already does this

Unless of course your talking about Ranked in which case, sure take out bots as I always play quick match so I couldn't care less about Ranked

See this makes me believe ur not a hardcore gears player...no offense...I'm just saying quick match was put in place for casual players...the bots totally screwed rank...

Also Pls don't take this as an attack if ur a hardcore gears fan I'm sorry
#38Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 11:13:25 AM
Some one just posted this on .N4g and I thought it was spot on

Things I want:
1. Amazing diverse maps (Gears always had these so I am not worried)
2. Gears 3 sniping
3. Gears 3 movement
4. No cheap Power weapons (Make the boomshot how it was in Gears of War 1)
5. Gears 3 smoke grenades
6. No leveling system or make it better some how(Make you unlock characters through challenges, horde, or by playing the story)
7. DEDICATED SERVERS (Cloud, Azure, whatever you have to do make it F*****g happen)
8. Amazing story
9. Harder and more innovative horde mode
10. Fix Trading off with shotgun
11. Fix sticky walls
12. Keep the mantle kick
13. Bring back the original game modes (Execution, Annex (King of the Hill), Warzone, Assassination (Guardian)
14. Host Migration
15. Nerf grenades a bit

Things I don't want:
1. Retro or Sawed off or anytime of broken starting weapons if they make new ones
2. No reticule when not aiming in like Judgement\
3. No bots
4. No quick match only Ranked, Public, and private (Gears 1 style)
5. More balance (gears 3 was decently balanced but could use some improvements)
6. Don't make it appeal to people who only like FPS make it the gears of old
7. No BS game modes (Team Deathmatch, Free for all, Domination, etc..)
8. Take nothing from Judgement

Suggestion for the story:

Make it maybe 30 years after Gears 3. Delta Squad run the CoG with Marcus at the head. Make another enemy emerge or make the locust make a comeback with help of another enemy. Make a new Squad and you come across Delta Squad in the story and get overrun or something and you switch to Delta Squad for a part of the story (well and older version of Delta Squad). Make the Queen comeback or a higher up leader that we never saw before (Maybe Raam wasn't the main leader).

I don't think the should do a Prequel unless they do Dom and Marcus when they just started in the military and lead up Gears 1 or do before E day or something to that effect. There is a lot to build upon in the story.
Let me know what you guys think below

Very good ideas and he clearly knows gears
#39Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 11:15:50 AM
stawg007 posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
stawg007 posted...
xacebop posted...

This

Then u weren't playing gears of war right..just because u loss a player doesn't mean u were going to lose...unless you were getting ur tale whipped from the get go...if ur playing on a team and it's death,arch the bots were easy kills and would cause u to lose..which is why a lot of ppl didn't like gears of war 3....gears is about strategy and teamwork...3 against 5 is no problem if u have a good team...unless the other team is just a lot better

Of course it doesn't mean you're going to lose but it most certainly puts you at a disadvantage and its up to the devs to make sure the game is as even as possible for both teams

Bots can like you say be a disadvantage in tdm because they may keep dying, or die as a leader in guardian or captured as a leader in ctl

But these can fixed or at least fixed a bit by making the ai better/smarter or simply making it so ai can never be a leader

If you're playing KOTH or any objective mode, hell, any mode that isn't TDM would you rather play with 4 players or maybe less against a team of 5 or would you rather have a bot in its/their place so at least the team's have even numbers?

Anyone that chooses not to have the bot on their team instead of having nobody is a ******* fool

I can agree in KOTH because u need more bodies to win that mode...but what made gears 2 so amazing was the fact that a lot of the times u would be 1 against 2 or 3 ppl and u would have to survive the adrenaline rush from clutching a match was intense...
#40MonicasBackPosted 4/16/2014 11:20:47 AM
Wall bouncing was horrible in gears 2

in fact gears 2 ruined the franchise.
---
Monicaaa