For people who have both consoles and use upload studio

#1Lawboy2Posted 4/16/2014 9:15:24 PM
If you have both consoles and use upload studio or the share feature on the ps4 I want you to take a look at the new update for the ps4 called the share factory....is it me or is it eerily similar to upload studio....

http://n4g.com/news/1493526/ps4-update-1-70-coming-soon-introducing-sharefactory
#2mike468Posted 4/16/2014 9:21:15 PM
Yes it does look eerily similar, the initial layout at least. Although it does look a little more robust than Upload studio.

Unfortunately for Sony users it will still cost them an extra $60 to take full advantage of the feature, since the PS4 doesn't include it's own camera for commentary like the XBO does. Nor does the system even support custom music tracks unless you pay for Sony's Music service.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#3Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 9:24:25 PM
I believe they are including mp3 support in the update which is cool...it's just right now for some reason it's pissing me off...we have had upload studio since launch but now all of a sudden this is going to be better because it's on ps4

IMO it's the same thing
#4spacejamjordanzPosted 4/17/2014 5:25:19 AM
mike468 posted...
Yes it does look eerily similar, the initial layout at least. Although it does look a little more robust than Upload studio.

Unfortunately for Sony users it will still cost them an extra $60 to take full advantage of the feature, since the PS4 doesn't include it's own camera for commentary like the XBO does. Nor does the system even support custom music tracks unless you pay for Sony's Music service.

They might be able to use mic for commentary. PS4 let's you use a mic for voice commands, so I don't see why not.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#5Garage_ManPosted 4/17/2014 5:28:06 AM
I think they planned on something similar but it was just rushed to heck and back. The PS4 was NOT ready for launch when they released it. I have one and it feels "incomplete" for lack of a better word. Hopefully that will start to change soon.
#6MrSpaM111Posted 4/17/2014 5:34:26 AM
mike468 posted...

Custom music on your streams is never going to be allowed on either console due to copyright issues.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#7HaeravonPosted 4/17/2014 6:05:13 AM
Meh. I'll just keep using my Elgato... once they patch out the HDCP, anyways. Hopefully it's gone by the time the Witcher 3 comes out...
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com.
#8HaeravonPosted 4/17/2014 6:18:31 AM
Speak of the devil, looks like I won't be waiting long. The native capture software on both these consoles seems too limited for my taste. Good thing that won't be an issue much longer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/17/massive-playstation-4-update-incoming
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com.
#982xenoPosted 4/17/2014 6:22:07 AM
mike468 posted...

Mic support for commentary....custom music in the streams for both is not really allowed. I don't know if you know this, but PS4 voice commands and the like do not require the camera at all, just a mic.
---
Shwing