Plugging in headphones into the Xbox One controller for audio?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Plugging in headphones into the Xbox One controller for audio?

User Info: HibikiRush

HibikiRush
2 years ago#1
I know the PS4 can do this, but does the Xbox One controller allow you to plug in standard 3.5mm headphones for audio (ie Netflix audio)? I read something about the headphone adapter, does that allow you to use this feature? The exact details about it were a bit convoluted and I can't make out exactly what is needed/possible.

User Info: Lawboy2

Lawboy2
2 years ago#2
Yes wth the adaptor

User Info: crynryan

crynryan
2 years ago#3
All you need is the adapter. You get both chat and game audio out of any normal 3.5mm headphones.
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)

User Info: xacebop

xacebop
2 years ago#4
You're thinking of the ds4. You need to buy a desperate piece of hardware probably not available in stores to do this. Why ms designed it that way is beyond me.

User Info: Lawboy2

Lawboy2
2 years ago#5
xacebop posted...
You're thinking of the ds4. You need to buy a desperate piece of hardware probably not available in stores to do this. Why ms designed it that way is beyond me.

I wonder can u mute from the controller on the ds4...or control the volume coming through the headset on the ds4....lol

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
2 years ago#6
Lawboy2 posted...
xacebop posted...

I wonder can u mute from the controller on the ds4...or control the volume coming through the headset on the ds4....lol

Yes, you can.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: wskingws

wskingws
2 years ago#7
crynryan posted...
All you need is the adapter. You get both chat and game audio out of any normal 3.5mm headphones.

You can do that with the adapter? Whaaaaaaat. I didn't know that.
I am the voice of reason.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Plugging in headphones into the Xbox One controller for audio?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived