Microsoft and Developers have seen the huge potential in the Achievement com...

#1Jedi454Posted 4/17/2014 2:35:21 AM(edited)
...ity, by making arcade Xbox 360 games 400G about 2 years ago or so and now every single Xbox One title has 1000G as a base score. I must say, I enjoy this a lot and I think developers have taken advantage of this quite a bit by making their achievement challenges for particular games a little too easy just to grab some more sales, but i'm absolutely fine with this. I think achievements were a strong factor for why people decided to use their Xbox's as their main console or only console, over Sony and Nintendo.

It was certainly a strong factor for me when considering what to grab for next gen, the trophy system just didn't have the same appeal, but i'm sure others disagree. I also enjoy the fact that the Achievement community is huge, helping each other with guides and walkthroughs on how to obtain achievements. It really shows how far little things like this have impacted on console gaming.
---
Get Good Kid.
#21nternationa7Posted 4/17/2014 2:40:10 AM
Yeah, wait till they start putting achievements for watching TV...

Achievement Unlocked
200g - Watch Doritos Ad
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#3Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 2:42:29 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Yeah, wait till they start putting achievements for watching TV...

Achievement Unlocked
200g - Watch Doritos Ad

There is for apps, but they don't affect your score.
---
Get Good Kid.
#41nternationa7Posted 4/17/2014 2:45:51 AM
Doesn't matter; it dilutes the Achievement system regardless because now you have a bunch of useless achievements that do nothing at all.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#5Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 2:51:22 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Doesn't matter; it dilutes the Achievement system regardless because now you have a bunch of useless achievements that do nothing at all.

What are you talking about? They just sit there on your profile, they aren't going to bite you.
---
Get Good Kid.
#6Foreign ObjectsPosted 4/17/2014 3:12:11 AM
I've felt like the Achievements system has meant a whole lot less on the Xbone, than the 360. I don't think it's sad or poor or anything like that, I just think there is less of an emphasis on them.
---
etc
#71nternationa7Posted 4/17/2014 3:27:33 AM
Jedi454 posted...
What are you talking about? They just sit there on your profile, they aren't going to bite you.

I mean call them something different. Achievements are like video game accomplishments. To branch them off to other useless things diminishes the value of the name.
---
#8Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 3:39:37 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I mean call them something different. Achievements are like video game accomplishments. To branch them off to other useless things diminishes the value of the name.

Now you're just complaining about the silliest thing.
---
Get Good Kid.
#9RagnarokxvPosted 4/17/2014 3:43:32 AM
I view an achievement in a video game as being an action, an accomplishment, something that I have done that was difficult that I feel good about. Not a popup on the screen that gives me an arbitrary amount of meaningless points.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#10kennyynnooPosted 4/17/2014 3:48:48 AM
Achievements used to be just the feeling of accomplishment for beating a game, why's everyone need a trophy to go with that feeling. I just don't get it I guess.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.