Microsoft and Developers have seen the huge potential in the Achievement com...

#21Ramsus082Posted 4/21/2014 4:42:19 PM
Yeah, achievements are on xbox and trophies are on playstation. Past that, you might have a preference if you like one brand over the other, otherwise there's no difference.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#22Run_2_the_HillsPosted 4/21/2014 9:28:29 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Yeah, achievements are on xbox and trophies are on playstation. Past that, you might have a preference if you like one brand over the other, otherwise there's no difference.

Okay that's what I thought. Same thing, different name.
#23Tyronelio1Posted 4/21/2014 9:38:06 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
If they wanted to hook people to their games for longer, they should think about making your Gamerscore a currency that can be exchanged for vanity items(avatars, costumes, in-game outfits, cheat codes, etc) both for the game specifically and for the marketplace itself. Maybe, say, 2000 points in Forza5 unlocks ___ vehicle for online play or whatever. They're just e-peen scores at the moment with absolutely no way to distinguish itself now that it's competitors do something similar.

I love the achievements system and I agree with almost everything you said, how ever there is Xbox rewards, to well reward you with free stuff and money back.

But I wish more companies had a uplay syst like ubisoft where you play their games and you unlock points to unlock dlc/themes.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69072065#26.
Talk about reassurance.
#24MK_GodPosted 4/22/2014 1:54:38 AM
Foreign Objects posted...
I've felt like the Achievements system has meant a whole lot less on the Xbone, than the 360. I don't think it's sad or poor or anything like that, I just think there is less of an emphasis on them.

I agree. I used to be a huge achievement hunter on 360. Times change though. They just don't feel the same on Xbox One. It doesn't help that it's a tedious process to access them.(yeah let me hold the home button so xbone can switch apps and take up tons of time for one achievement) 360 was so smooth and quick :/
#25masterlouPosted 4/22/2014 2:01:05 AM
the app achievements get you no points so does it really matter
---
" the discovery channel has monkeys and our vcr has gone wonkey" .. anya:: GT:alieneraser
#26daniel79Posted 4/22/2014 2:05:20 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
Not a popup on the screen that gives me an arbitrary amount of meaningless points.

Eh, that's what they are.

Sorry you built them up in your mind as something worthwhile..
#27CaIiber345Posted 4/22/2014 2:18:33 AM
TC, I seriously dare you to truthfully post something significantly critical and negative about the Xbox One.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#28InjusticeRebornPosted 4/22/2014 3:09:46 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
TC, I seriously dare you to truthfully post something significantly critical and negative about the Xbox One.

Maybe he doesn't have any problems with the Xbox One and what it does? Same as there seems to be some people who don't have anything positive to say...? :P

I love the achievement/trophy system. Not enough to go out of my way to buy games I wouldn't normally, just to boost the total of either, but for the games I do buy, they might keep me on the game for longer.

Taking Final Fantasy X HD as a very recent example. Loved it back on the PS2, loving the revisit this time around. Without trophies? I probably would have just completed the game again.

But the trophies, if I wanted to collect them all, will introduce me to Nemesis - an enemy I never knew anything about. Also, the whole stat maxing thing (and completing the Sphere Grid). Penance, although I knew of it, I never bothered with it back on the PS2 (only defeated a few Dark Aeons back then).

There are other examples, like achievements/trophies linked to multiple classes/ways of play.

They have led to my decision in purchases also. Though I wasn't aware of achievements originally when I first bought the 360 Elite, their discovery led to me buying multi-plats on the 360, even though the PS3 was my first 7th generation console. It led to me trading the thing in because I was hardly playing it (PS3).

I bought FFXIII on the 360, so my achievements could showcase my playing it, even though at the start of the last generation I was perfectly set on playing every Final Fantasy on the PS3.

Friends was a major pulling factor, but my 'investment' in achievements was something also.

Now however, not so much. And despite the nothingness of them, I don't like the idea of achievements tied to apps. Just adding to the few who say the same. :P
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.