Titanfall Dev: Xbox One vs 1080p debate an 'unwinnable war'

#1Gadoken22Posted 4/17/2014 9:21:11 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-xbox-one-vs-ps4-1080p-debate-is-an-unwinnable-war-says-titanfall-developer/1100-6419057/

Thoughts? Debate
#2este914Posted 4/17/2014 9:29:49 AM
No thanks
---
~-> este914 <-~
Mind Over Matter.
#3DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 4/17/2014 9:36:00 AM
What's to debate, he spoke his mind.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#4Ramsus082Posted 4/17/2014 9:36:04 AM
The whiners who keep pretending they don't understand why better graphics/resolution are important aren't going away, though they should. The resolution target may as well be an abstract concept, what they're really saying is that the graphics are lacking in comparision to ___.

It won't always be "just" resolution. Textures, size of maps, physics, AI, etc. all have to get processed by something.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#5slowdog76Posted 4/17/2014 9:36:28 AM
The thing is, there have been loads of devs saying similar for ages, but they get ignored and subsequently the information gets buried inamongst all the stupidity and trolling.

The fact is, devs always have and always will strive to make a game that is fun, with the fidelity coming way down the list of priorities. And quite right too.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#6ExempliGratiaPosted 4/17/2014 9:37:14 AM(edited)
Titanfall Dev: Xbox One vs PS4 1080p debate an 'unwinnable war'

Why did you leave out PS4 in the title?

"It's the console wars. It's Sega does what Nintendon't," McCoy told GameSpot at PAX East about why he believes the 1080p debate has gathered so much attention this year. "There's going to be games that look better on one or the other. There's going to be exclusives that look better, for whatever reason. And we never set out to engage in the tech war. I feel like that's a war that no one actually wins."

Interesting.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#7Viet0nePosted 4/17/2014 9:46:27 AM
Excuses for a poorly optimized game.

If you can't get a 10 year old game engine to run well on new hardware, then you have poor developers.

Any game can be fun at any performance level. Some people still have fun with Text based MUDs than playing titanfall. More people play Minecraft and Pokemon than titanfall.

The reason why CoD will stay more popular than titanfall on the Xbox One because of performance. The reason why Titanfall online has dropped since launch is people going back to CoD. Performance issues can make or break a game.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#8MRL3G3NDPosted 4/17/2014 9:49:09 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408068/xbox-one-does-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-ms-engineer/

I'm going to repost that for every topic this comes up...how soon people forget.

Here is the truth...MS sold it's gaming fans off in order to capture a bigger audience... the casual audience... this is undeniable, because the first reveal of it's next gaming machine...had no games...

They focused on cable TV, sports and Call of Duty

It was a big mistake...now they are back peddling and trying to make us believe this machine was made with gamers in mind... it was not

There are a lot of things in XB1 they could have skipped and made the best gaming console... they decided that casual gamers don' t know or care about resolution...then they found that casual gamers in the market for a gaming console want the best bang for their buck...and people interested in football and cable tv have a dedicated cable box to handle that...

So they are trying to turn this dress shoe into a gym shoe... and it's coming up short...

they are doing a horrible job and I don't think they will be able to salvage it...
I am a long time xbox fan, but I won't deny they screwed up majorly... every night theres a different issue with my XB1..and it costs me more...which doesn't make sense...

Only the rabid fanboys try to hang on to a glimmer of hope.. but we are just going to have to be content with a sub par machine for this gen...

realistically MS can flip this around with VR...but they lack the brainpower and knowledge base of WHO THEIR CONSUMER BASE IS...
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#9ExempliGratiaPosted 4/17/2014 9:59:02 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408068/xbox-one-does-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-ms-engineer/

I'm going to repost that for every topic this comes up...how soon people forget.

Here is the truth...MS sold it's gaming fans off in order to capture a bigger audience... the casual audience... this is undeniable, because the first reveal of it's next gaming machine...had no games...

They focused on cable TV, sports and Call of Duty

It was a big mistake...now they are back peddling and trying to make us believe this machine was made with gamers in mind... it was not

There are a lot of things in XB1 they could have skipped and made the best gaming console... they decided that casual gamers don' t know or care about resolution...then they found that casual gamers in the market for a gaming console want the best bang for their buck...and people interested in football and cable tv have a dedicated cable box to handle that...

So they are trying to turn this dress shoe into a gym shoe... and it's coming up short...

they are doing a horrible job and I don't think they will be able to salvage it...
I am a long time xbox fan, but I won't deny they screwed up majorly... every night theres a different issue with my XB1..and it costs me more...which doesn't make sense...

Only the rabid fanboys try to hang on to a glimmer of hope.. but we are just going to have to be content with a sub par machine for this gen...

realistically MS can flip this around with VR ...but they lack the brainpower and knowledge base of WHO THEIR CONSUMER BASE IS...

So. People claim they hate the gimmick that kinect is and you want them to promote another gimmick with VR? Lmao.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#10kcypher2000Posted 4/17/2014 10:01:32 AM
Viet0ne posted...
Excuses for a poorly optimized game.

If you can't get a 10 year old game engine to run well on new hardware, then you have poor developers.

Any game can be fun at any performance level. Some people still have fun with Text based MUDs than playing titanfall. More people play Minecraft and Pokemon than titanfall.

The reason why CoD will stay more popular than titanfall on the Xbox One because of performance. The reason why Titanfall online has dropped since launch is people going back to CoD. Performance issues can make or break a game.

Link that TF dropped kid. Oh wait you never have a clue what you are talking about.

Btw Killzone is not 1080p or 60fps and it is dead. So stop being a pony.