Titanfall Dev: Xbox One vs 1080p debate an 'unwinnable war'

#11richboy900Posted 4/17/2014 10:02:27 AM
Viet0ne posted...
Excuses for a poorly optimized game.

If you can't get a 10 year old game engine to run well on new hardware, then you have poor developers.

Any game can be fun at any performance level. Some people still have fun with Text based MUDs than playing titanfall. More people play Minecraft and Pokemon than titanfall.

The reason why CoD will stay more popular than titanfall on the Xbox One because of performance. The reason why Titanfall online has dropped since launch is people going back to CoD. Performance issues can make or break a game.

Not trying to say you're wrong, but I'd play titanfall or bf4 long before I even thought of playing cod ghosts. Surely the numbers must be decreasing rapidly for ghosts even with the new dlc.
#12slowdog76Posted 4/17/2014 10:12:30 AM(edited)
What a peculiar and laughable post.(mrlegend's)

First of all, any monkey can see they haven't targeted the highest end graphics. Guess what. Neither did Sony. Exactly how they sold off its fans...... All the exclusives that were there before, still are, alongside a raft of new ones. And as for the TV stuff, the 360 does that. A lot. And it gets used crazy amounts.

You people seem to think that there is such a thing as a casual gamer and a hardcore gamer still. Things really aren't like that any more
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#13Ramsus082Posted 4/17/2014 10:12:16 AM
Also, how is making sure you strive for the highest technical standards in your profession somehow engaging in the "console war"? So, you didn't target 1080p because you're "above it"?

If the console's hardware can't meet your targets, or you're just not concerned as much with the graphics as some of the fanbase wishes you were, or this was the best you could have done, just say so. Don't say that you're above striving to push the boundaries of game tech in your AAA title. It's disingenuous, and nobody believes you.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#14cloudtheprophetPosted 4/17/2014 10:14:49 AM
richboy900 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Excuses for a poorly optimized game.

If you can't get a 10 year old game engine to run well on new hardware, then you have poor developers.

Any game can be fun at any performance level. Some people still have fun with Text based MUDs than playing titanfall. More people play Minecraft and Pokemon than titanfall.

The reason why CoD will stay more popular than titanfall on the Xbox One because of performance. The reason why Titanfall online has dropped since launch is people going back to CoD. Performance issues can make or break a game.

Not trying to say you're wrong, but I'd play titanfall or bf4 long before I even thought of playing cod ghosts. Surely the numbers must be decreasing rapidly for ghosts even with the new dlc.

No, Ghosts online numbers only dipped the day or at most the week Titanfall came out. COD is still going pretty strong. I played Titanfall for a couple of weeks at launch, the lack of variety and customization was what lead me back to COD. There's just not enough content and the performance doesn't help.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
#15DRzCalderonPosted 4/17/2014 10:16:21 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408068/xbox-one-does-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-ms-engineer/

I'm going to repost that for every topic this comes up...how soon people forget.

Here is the truth...MS sold it's gaming fans off in order to capture a bigger audience... the casual audience... this is undeniable, because the first reveal of it's next gaming machine...had no games...

They focused on cable TV, sports and Call of Duty

It was a big mistake...now they are back peddling and trying to make us believe this machine was made with gamers in mind... it was not

There are a lot of things in XB1 they could have skipped and made the best gaming console... they decided that casual gamers don' t know or care about resolution...then they found that casual gamers in the market for a gaming console want the best bang for their buck...and people interested in football and cable tv have a dedicated cable box to handle that...

So they are trying to turn this dress shoe into a gym shoe... and it's coming up short...

they are doing a horrible job and I don't think they will be able to salvage it...
I am a long time xbox fan, but I won't deny they screwed up majorly... every night theres a different issue with my XB1..and it costs me more...which doesn't make sense...

Only the rabid fanboys try to hang on to a glimmer of hope.. but we are just going to have to be content with a sub par machine for this gen...

realistically MS can flip this around with VR...but they lack the brainpower and knowledge base of WHO THEIR CONSUMER BASE IS...

I agree with this to an extent. And pretty much Microsoft is going to rely on their exclusives to keep consumers satisfied with their gaming console. Which is something Nintendo pried towards themselves relying on and look at them now.

I feel that developers who publish multi-platforms on both consoles are going to push more power on the PS4 in regards to visuals, physics, and overall performance in general. While the XB1 versions will be inferior. And pointing out the sports and racing games that look the same on both consoles are just cheap reassurances sense they have smaller primary focuses compared to open world games.

And that is what bothers me. Having a more expensive console that will have the inferior version of those multi-platform games. And to me after playing Battlefield 4, AC Black Flag, and Tomb Raider on both consoles, It confirms it. Despite how early it is in both consoles cycle.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#16HMXTaylor_LeePosted 4/17/2014 10:20:30 AM
This reminds me of "The Last of Us" making of documentary, where one of the visual effects guys or performance guys was showing us how all of the effects and shadows would change the frames per second, and it showed a very noticable line with the words "30 FPS" that they would keep everything above.

To the far left, there's one that says "60 FPS" and he says "I don't know who put that there, that's not gonna happen."
#17kcypher2000Posted 4/17/2014 10:50:05 AM
DRzCalderon posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408068/xbox-one-does-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-ms-engineer/

I'm going to repost that for every topic this comes up...how soon people forget.

Here is the truth...MS sold it's gaming fans off in order to capture a bigger audience... the casual audience... this is undeniable, because the first reveal of it's next gaming machine...had no games...

It was a big mistake...now they are back peddling and trying to make us believe this machine was made with gamers in mind... it was not

There are a lot of things in XB1 they could have skipped and made the best gaming console... they decided that casual gamers don' t know or care about resolution...then they found that casual gamers in the market for a gaming console want the best bang for their buck...and people interested in football and cable tv have a dedicated cable box to handle that...

So they are trying to turn this dress shoe into a gym shoe... and it's coming up short...

they are doing a horrible job and I don't think they will be able to salvage it...
I am a long time xbox fan, but I won't deny they screwed up majorly... every night theres a different issue with my XB1..and it costs me more...which doesn't make sense...

Only the rabid fanboys try to hang on to a glimmer of hope.. but we are just going to have to be content with a sub par machine for this gen...

realistically MS can flip this around with VR...but they lack the brainpower and knowledge base of WHO THEIR CONSUMER BASE IS...

I agree with this to an extent. And pretty much Microsoft is going to rely on their exclusives to keep consumers satisfied with their gaming console. Which is something Nintendo pried towards themselves relying on and look at them now.

I feel that developers who publish multi-platforms on both consoles are going to push more power on the PS4 in regards to visuals, physics, and overall performance in general. While the XB1 versions will be inferior. And pointing out the sports and racing games that look the same on both consoles are just cheap reassurances sense they have smaller primary focuses compared to open world games.

And that is what bothers me. Having a more expensive console that will have the inferior version of those multi-platform games. And to me after playing Battlefield 4, AC Black Flag, and Tomb Raider on both consoles, It confirms it. Despite how early it is in both consoles cycle.

BF 4 plays better on xbox and if resolution mattered you would have noticed that ps4 played it at 900p. TR is 1080p on both while one is locked at 30fps and the other one wavers around 45 with many dips. Ghosts on xbox has a better fps then ps4. So nice try pony but obviously you arent smart enough to realize how obvious it is that you never played these on xbox and are just desperate to reassure yourself while you play merc kings and then say graphics matter.
#18PulpPosted 4/17/2014 11:10:40 AM
Poor Mcoy...he has to keep saying "We don't care" to everything. Sounds like the guy is burning out.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#19Sega9599Posted 4/17/2014 11:33:37 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
This reminds me of "The Last of Us" making of documentary, where one of the visual effects guys or performance guys was showing us how all of the effects and shadows would change the frames per second, and it showed a very noticable line with the words "30 FPS" that they would keep everything above.

To the far left, there's one that says "60 FPS" and he says "I don't know who put that there, that's not gonna happen."

interesting.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#20HorridhalPosted 4/17/2014 11:40:40 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
DRzCalderon posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

BF 4 plays better on xbox and if resolution mattered you would have noticed that ps4 played it at 900p. TR is 1080p on both while one is locked at 30fps and the other one wavers around 45 with many dips. Ghosts on xbox has a better fps then ps4. So nice try pony but obviously you arent smart enough to realize how obvious it is that you never played these on xbox and are just desperate to reassure yourself while you play merc kings and then say graphics matter.

Other than the ghosts comment, which I don't car enough about to check into, you are full of crap.

BF4 runs better on the PS4 and TR has more dips on X1 than it does PS4(which means FR isn't locked at 30.

Stop just making crap up then saying others are doing the same, hypocrite.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.