Titanfall Dev: Xbox One vs 1080p debate an 'unwinnable war'

#21garcia_jxPosted 4/17/2014 10:57:03 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408068/xbox-one-does-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-ms-engineer/

I'm going to repost that for every topic this comes up...how soon people forget.

Here is the truth...MS sold it's gaming fans off in order to capture a bigger audience... the casual audience... this is undeniable, because the first reveal of it's next gaming machine...had no games...

They focused on cable TV, sports and Call of Duty

It was a big mistake...now they are back peddling and trying to make us believe this machine was made with gamers in mind... it was not

There are a lot of things in XB1 they could have skipped and made the best gaming console... they decided that casual gamers don' t know or care about resolution...then they found that casual gamers in the market for a gaming console want the best bang for their buck...and people interested in football and cable tv have a dedicated cable box to handle that...

So they are trying to turn this dress shoe into a gym shoe... and it's coming up short...

they are doing a horrible job and I don't think they will be able to salvage it...
I am a long time xbox fan, but I won't deny they screwed up majorly... every night theres a different issue with my XB1..and it costs me more...which doesn't make sense...

Only the rabid fanboys try to hang on to a glimmer of hope.. but we are just going to have to be content with a sub par machine for this gen...

realistically MS can flip this around with VR...but they lack the brainpower and knowledge base of WHO THEIR CONSUMER BASE IS...

I think you had really good points. I just think MS was trying to imitate Nintendo. They tried to acquire their fanbase.
#22garcia_jxPosted 4/17/2014 11:07:22 AM
Microsoft's biggest mistake was aiming for the casual market. They should have aimed for the gamer market, the one that matters the most. Casuals buy what everyone else buys . That's how it works.
#23billOrileyPosted 4/17/2014 11:22:36 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408068/xbox-one-does-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-ms-engineer/

I'm going to repost that for every topic this comes up...how soon people forget.

Here is the truth...MS sold it's gaming fans off in order to capture a bigger audience... the casual audience... this is undeniable, because the first reveal of it's next gaming machine...had no games...

It was a big mistake...now they are back peddling and trying to make us believe this machine was made with gamers in mind... it was not

There are a lot of things in XB1 they could have skipped and made the best gaming console... they decided that casual gamers don' t know or care about resolution...then they found that casual gamers in the market for a gaming console want the best bang for their buck...and people interested in football and cable tv have a dedicated cable box to handle that...

So they are trying to turn this dress shoe into a gym shoe... and it's coming up short...

they are doing a horrible job and I don't think they will be able to salvage it...
I am a long time xbox fan, but I won't deny they screwed up majorly... every night theres a different issue with my XB1..and it costs me more...which doesn't make sense...

Only the rabid fanboys try to hang on to a glimmer of hope.. but we are just going to have to be content with a sub par machine for this gen...

realistically MS can flip this around with VR...but they lack the brainpower and knowledge base of WHO THEIR CONSUMER BASE IS...

That's an article ppl seem to forget. Even MS stated that they didn't target high end graphics with the xbone, but yet ppl are surprised that it's not getting 1080p games, and they're still clamoring for the hopes of the magic sauce of the cloud and dx12. It's all just wishful thinking.
#24Ramsus082Posted 4/17/2014 11:37:00 AM
No, BF4 does NOT play better on the X1. Where did you hear that?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#25kcypher2000Posted 4/17/2014 11:38:31 AM
garcia_jx posted...
Microsoft's biggest mistake was aiming for the casual market. They should have aimed for the gamer market, the one that matters the most. Casuals buy what everyone else buys . That's how it works.

Ps4 is way more casual but keep telling yourself otherwise.
#26garcia_jxPosted 4/17/2014 11:46:32 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
garcia_jx posted...

How so? It has the better hardware at a lower retail rate? Gamers care about graphics whether you want to admit it or not
#27HorridhalPosted 4/17/2014 11:51:12 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
garcia_jx posted...

Which proves his point that casuals play follow the gamers and buy the more successful system.

Also, I like how you ignored the posts that called out your bullcrap about BF4 and TR.

You are just getting more and more pathetic as time goes on.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#28kyncaniPosted 4/17/2014 11:58:16 AM
garcia_jx posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
garcia_jx posted...

How so? It has the better hardware at a lower retail rate? Gamers care about graphics whether you want to admit it or not

Precisely.
Everybody is already buying a PS4, some because it is cheaper, some because it is more powerful, some because it has better games, whatever the reason.
The Xbox One isn't for everyone, just for some very few people with very special needs or people who buy two consoles or more.
#29billOrileyPosted 4/17/2014 12:15:19 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
DRzCalderon posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

I agree with this to an extent. And pretty much Microsoft is going to rely on their exclusives to keep consumers satisfied with their gaming console. Which is something Nintendo pried towards themselves relying on and look at them now.

I feel that developers who publish multi-platforms on both consoles are going to push more power on the PS4 in regards to visuals, physics, and overall performance in general. While the XB1 versions will be inferior. And pointing out the sports and racing games that look the same on both consoles are just cheap reassurances sense they have smaller primary focuses compared to open world games.

And that is what bothers me. Having a more expensive console that will have the inferior version of those multi-platform games. And to me after playing Battlefield 4, AC Black Flag, and Tomb Raider on both consoles, It confirms it. Despite how early it is in both consoles cycle.

BF 4 plays better on xbox and if resolution mattered you would have noticed that ps4 played it at 900p. TR is 1080p on both while one is locked at 30fps and the other one wavers around 45 with many dips. Ghosts on xbox has a better fps then ps4. So nice try pony but obviously you arent smart enough to realize how obvious it is that you never played these on xbox and are just desperate to reassure yourself while you play merc kings and then say graphics matter.

Now you guys are lying about bf4 and tr playing better on the xbone to make yourselves feel better. Man you guys have really sunk to a new low.
#30mokmuudPosted 4/17/2014 12:18:19 PM
kyncani posted...
garcia_jx posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
garcia_jx posted...

Precisely.
Everybody is already buying a PS4, some because it is cheaper, some because it is more powerful, some because it has better games, whatever the reason.
The Xbox One isn't for everyone, just for some very few people with very special needs or people who buy two consoles or more.

Speak for yourself.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539