Why is the amazing spider-man 2 canceled on the Xbone? Tell me now.

#21HughMyronGainzPosted 4/17/2014 12:55:00 PM
the game looks horrible anyways. the first one had MUCH better graphics. wtf benox
---
*Official Kenshiro of the J-Stars Victory Vs. PS3 Board*
U mirin brah?
#22crucialPosted 4/17/2014 1:23:58 PM
It does look pretty weak and Sony owns the rights to Spidey so that is my guess.
#23BlueJester007Posted 4/17/2014 1:26:24 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
Gary Sinise.

Lieutenant Dan!!!
---
Searching for meaning is like searching for a rhyme-scheme in a cook book.
-Tim Minchin
#24BaronVladzPosted 4/17/2014 1:28:20 PM
crucial posted...
It does look pretty weak and Sony owns the rights to Spidey so that is my guess.

Rights to the movie, not the games, hence there are 360 and wii u versions
#25jpraelsterPosted 4/17/2014 1:41:13 PM
Porunga posted...
Sorry... I have to ask. Why is everyone so worked up over a movie tie in game that didn't even look very good? Is it just because it was a xbox one game that was supposedly canceled out of all other versions? People are acting like the next great AAA blockbuster system seller was canceled without warning and with no explanation. Just calm down.

You obviously didnt play the first amazing spiderman if you say that
#26kyncaniPosted 4/17/2014 3:44:30 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
i ws just thinking to myself "what this board needs is another ASM2 topic" thanks for not disappointing!

Well, at least this one isn't about the Xbox One very poor sales (again).
#27PokemonYoutubePosted 4/17/2014 3:45:47 PM
For the Wii U, they can at least directly port the PS3/360 version.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#28PorungaPosted 4/17/2014 4:51:07 PM
jpraelster posted...
Porunga posted...
Sorry... I have to ask. Why is everyone so worked up over a movie tie in game that didn't even look very good? Is it just because it was a xbox one game that was supposedly canceled out of all other versions? People are acting like the next great AAA blockbuster system seller was canceled without warning and with no explanation. Just calm down.

You obviously didnt play the first amazing spiderman if you say that

I did, and I enjoyed it.. but it still isn't some huge blockbuster game release. No matter how good or bad it is.. it is still just a throw away movie tie in game. Now if this was a game like Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, or MGS5 being suddenly canceled on xbox one I could understand people freaking out.. but ASM2?
#29PoweredMilkManPosted 4/17/2014 4:55:55 PM
Oh no, a movie port game not coming to x1, what a shame.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#30KolanifvPosted 4/17/2014 5:08:22 PM
NSGraphite posted...
The spiderman movies are a sony property. i wouldnt be surprised if the sony side of the negotiations fudged things to delay the xbone version significantly.

Hopefully this, it's way too early in the console lifespan for a publisher to be skipping a console, especially a major publisher that that company tends to rely on for content. Like it or not, Activision is one of those publishers that Microsoft absolutely needs, thanks to Call of Duty.