Sony is facing bankruptcy and people here think the XB1 is going to die?

#81prozac786Posted 4/17/2014 6:23:46 PM
Jedi454 posted...
prozac786 posted...
Topic? Every single post by you is a reassurance post

You know you have got to the trolls, when they make attacks on every post you make. ;)

Troll? Sorry I don't speak geek or make up non-existent words. Can you tell me in English, what you mean?
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#82TheSL1ClubPosted 4/17/2014 6:24:45 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Horridhal posted...
TheSL1Club posted...
Jedi is the only troll I don't want to put on ignore because I'm having too much fun with him.

I prefer necro to Jedi, tbh. Jedi has too many alt accounts.

Having any alts is too many and SL1, you should just be a little beta boy and ignore me.

See what I mean guys lol?
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#83HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/17/2014 6:30:07 PM(edited)
Webmaster4531 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
CorathTheHung posted...
Sony's game division is profitable. Microsoft's is not.

I guess if you're going from 1994 that's true, but the last decade (2004 onwards) or so MS made more money on games in total than Sony.

Last quarter they out profited Nintendo 2:1 and Sony 4:1.

Why does the board want to sell it?

They don't, one guy on the board does.

The board did have an issue that the brand doesn't make enough money (between 800m - 1.2 B for per year the last 3.5 years) which despite being the biggest for a console manufacturer during the last 3 years is apparently not enough. Whether that's still an issue...probably, but its political.

The Xbox brand was recently valued at $23Billion. Thats more than either Sony or Nintendo as a whole. Even if they wanted to sell, who has that amount of money to buy?

What about before 3.5 years ago? Xbox 360 came out in 2005.

2005 - mid 2007 = losses
Mid 2007 - present = profits

3.5 years ago was when Kinect launched and Nintendo launched the 3DS, Microsoft profits went up, Nintendos went down. Microsoft has been the more profitable gaming entity since and evidently still is.

The point is despite this, for certain board members, this isn't enough.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#84Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 6:26:42 PM
prozac786 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
prozac786 posted...
Topic? Every single post by you is a reassurance post

You know you have got to the trolls, when they make attacks on every post you make. ;)

Troll? Sorry I don't speak geek or make up non-existent words. Can you tell me in English, what you mean?

That's pretty rich coming from you broski.
---
Get Good Kid.
#85CaIiber345Posted 4/17/2014 6:28:44 PM
I don't like anything about Xbox One, but I am still sorry for Spidey fans that own Xbox One. However I am not sorry for fanboys, and I think it is sad how Jedi454 has become one.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#86mokmuudPosted 4/17/2014 6:32:05 PM
They've barely recouped there losses from 360. Nintendo has been profitably pretty much all the time. Definitely a healthier gaming division.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#87HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/17/2014 6:35:44 PM
mokmuud posted...
They've barely recouped there losses from 360. Nintendo has been profitably pretty much all the time. Definitely a healthier gaming division.

The 360 broke even at the end of 2011 (earlier probably since OGXbox, Kin, Zune dragged the division down). Since then they made another $2.5 Billion profit. 840M of that last quarter.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#88Webmaster4531Posted 4/17/2014 6:35:50 PM
mokmuud posted...

I wouldn't say they're healthier. They lost the hardcore market and the casual market on the console side of things.
---
Ad Hominem.
#89yankeefan03Posted 4/17/2014 6:36:02 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Xbone is in danger because most of the microsoft's board is against keeping the brand, without microsoft behind it, the Xbox brand won't garner anywhere near as much support, and probably would be no where near as mainstream as the brand once was.

the playstation brand will be fine, as even a bankrupt company releases products.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company, and they get that way by controlling profit margins, the big black hole that the Xbox One has created, may be fixed by dropping it off to another company.

This. What you Microsoft fanboys don't understand is Microsoft has investors that aren't liking losing money. Two months the biggest investors for Microsoft were saying to let the Xbox brand go.
---
"Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy."
#90mokmuudPosted 4/17/2014 6:38:21 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
mokmuud posted...

I wouldn't say they're healthier. They lost the hardcore market and the casual market on the console side of things.

3ds prints money for them.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539