PS4 sells 7m, XB1 sales undislosed

#1nickb25Posted 4/17/2014 1:09:51 PM(edited)
Yet Titanfall on XB1 with a much lower userbase outsells Infamous SS by a good amount - Sony's only major exclusive in a large window.

How come Playstation owners don't buy exclusive video games? Do they just want a 1080p netflix and FIFA device? This is like when Halo 3 outsold nearly every PS3 exclusive combined at the time.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Halo 5 wipes the floor in sales despite being on the slower selling system.
#2thedivineslaserPosted 4/17/2014 1:07:53 PM
Chill dawg
---
<3 Mit allem dein Herz <3
Sheath your e-wangs, we are friends here.
#3Mindwipe77Posted 4/17/2014 1:08:42 PM(edited)
even though u sound like just another xfanbot i agree with you, TC, that sony players dont seem to buy exclusives. I think majority of them stick to COD or madden. Sony customers are cheapskates
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#4vivalabuck92Posted 4/17/2014 1:08:55 PM
The numbers!!!!!! What do they mean?!?!!!
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#5HappyBullPosted 4/17/2014 1:11:03 PM
Cant wait for all the bots to come out calling you a pony just cuz of the topic title lol.

*waits patiently...*
---
"thats why i didnt get xbone. i would like to beat my meat without people spying on me." - RJones416
#6squarex8264Posted 4/17/2014 1:11:11 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
even though u sound like just another xfanbot i agree with you, TC, that sony players dont seem to buy exclusives. I think majority of them stick to COD or madden. Sony customers are cheapskates

I don't think it has anything to do with exclusives. It seems the Sony fanbase on average don't seem to buy a lot of games in general.

Back on the PS3, the attach rate with software was much lower than 360 for whatever reason. Same trend seems to be happening now.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#7BilliePilgrimPosted 4/17/2014 1:11:12 PM
You see it that way, I see it as everyone on Xbox is bored to tears so they flock to the one game release that might be worth it. Infamous not selling well is because people have plenty of games they're already playing, so there's less incentive to jump on the next big bandwagon.

See how that works? Drawing conclusions from numbers (or lack of numbers) without any context is pointless since the conclusion relies entirely on your bias, rather than anything worth taking seriously.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#8HorridhalPosted 4/17/2014 1:11:45 PM
It couldn't possibly be that Infamous has always been a small audience game, could it?

Nobody expected infamous to be a massively adopted game as the franchise has always been a little niche and the game has never been considered a massive title.

Use a little common sense and stop buying into company and troll talking points.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#9Pixx0Posted 4/17/2014 1:12:48 PM
nickb25 posted...
Yet Titanfall on XB1 with a much lower userbase outsells Infamous SS by a good amount - Sony's only major exclusive in a large window.

How come Playstation owners don't buy exclusive video games? Do they just want a 1080p netflix and FIFA device? This is like when Halo 3 outsold nearly every PS3 exclusive combined at the time.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Halo 5 wipes the floor in sales despite being on the slower selling system.

Halo stopped to be good at 3. Halo 5? huh huh
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#10NSGraphitePosted 4/17/2014 1:14:53 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...

Wrong.

The playstation fanbase has an incredibly diverse range of gaming interests, unlike the fanbase of other consoles. thus, just because an exclusive doesnt sell gangbusters doesnt mean that the fanbase doesnt buy games. it just means that some of the fanbase wasnt into the game released.

For example, there are legions of rpg fans among the playstation fanbase. many of them wouldnt have any interest in infamous whatsoever. they will be waiting for witcher, dragon age and ffxv.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...