PS4 sells 7m, XB1 sales undislosed

#21mokmuudPosted 4/17/2014 1:40:50 PM
nickb25 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...
even though u sound like just another xfanbot i agree with you, TC, that sony players dont seem to buy exclusives. I think majority of them stick to COD or madden. Sony customers are cheapskates

Wrong.

The playstation fanbase has an incredibly diverse range of gaming interests, unlike the fanbase of other consoles. thus, just because an exclusive doesnt sell gangbusters doesnt mean that the fanbase doesnt buy games. it just means that some of the fanbase wasnt into the game released.

For example, there are legions of rpg fans among the playstation fanbase. many of them wouldnt have any interest in infamous whatsoever. they will be waiting for witcher, dragon age and ffxv.

Then why did Halo 3, one game, outsell God of War (a HnS), Uncharted (a TPS adventure game), LBP (a platformer) Valkirya Chronicles (A JRPG), and Killzone 2 (an FPS) combined?

That's a pretty wide range of genres that couldn't even beat 1 game.

Hey guess what? Duck Hunt sold more than twice as many copies than Halo 3 did.
Guess its a better shooter.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#22nickb25(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 1:41:16 PM
Horridhal posted...
nickb25 posted...
Horridhal posted...
It couldn't possibly be that Infamous has always been a small audience game, could it?

Nobody expected infamous to be a massively adopted game as the franchise has always been a little niche and the game has never been considered a massive title.

Use a little common sense and stop buying into company and troll talking points.

Open world action games are a pretty popular genre.
It has a niche audience because, quite frankly, it's a medicore franchise and it's on a platform that doesn't sell exclusive titles.

You don't get it.

Infamous 1 and 2 weren't smashing successes. The infamous games have never been massively supported.

The only reason SS was viewed as anything other than a niche sandbox game(exactly like all the other installments have been) is because it came out so soon after the launch and was one of the few games on ps4 that wasn't considered an indie title.

Acting like it is a massive franchise, or ever was, is dumb.

I 100% agree with you. I'm just saying the reason for all that was it's a medicore franchise, that is now overhyped for essentially video game political reasons.
#23nickb25(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 1:42:18 PM
mokmuud posted...
nickb25 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...
even though u sound like just another xfanbot i agree with you, TC, that sony players dont seem to buy exclusives. I think majority of them stick to COD or madden. Sony customers are cheapskates

Wrong.

The playstation fanbase has an incredibly diverse range of gaming interests, unlike the fanbase of other consoles. thus, just because an exclusive doesnt sell gangbusters doesnt mean that the fanbase doesnt buy games. it just means that some of the fanbase wasnt into the game released.

For example, there are legions of rpg fans among the playstation fanbase. many of them wouldnt have any interest in infamous whatsoever. they will be waiting for witcher, dragon age and ffxv.

Then why did Halo 3, one game, outsell God of War (a HnS), Uncharted (a TPS adventure game), LBP (a platformer) Valkirya Chronicles (A JRPG), and Killzone 2 (an FPS) combined?

I'm pretty sure duck hunt wasn't a sixth generation game, so it's kind of apples and oranges.
#24mokmuudPosted 4/17/2014 1:44:20 PM
nickb25 posted...
mokmuud posted...
nickb25 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

Wrong.

I'm pretty sure duck hunt wasn't a sixth generation game, so it's kind of apples and oranges.

Mario Kart Wii sold 3 times the copies.
---
#25PorungaPosted 4/17/2014 1:47:33 PM
nickb25 posted...
BSerenity posted...
nickb25 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

Wrong.

Did you not read his post? He explained it extremely well on why that is. Reading will take you far. Just need to do it.

According to him, it was because the fanbase has a diverse range of tastes.

So why doesn't a diverse range of exclusives COMBINED outsell 1 game then? The math doesn't add up. Sony fans do not buy exclusive games.

Because the 360 had a larger install base at the time, and a large concentration of fps gamers. Whether you agree with it or not, FPS games sell the best than all other genres, on any system. If you put a FPS up against any other type of game.. the fps will almost always win. It has very little to do with the quality of the games in question. Case in point, CoD outselling..... everything.
#26HorridhalPosted 4/17/2014 1:48:14 PM
ilovegearsofwar posted...
1. Marketing, hype, & groupthink (a large reason why PS4 is selling well despite having a laughable library outside Infamous) portraying Sony as giving a crap about its customers (it doesn't) while Microsoft is some 1% villain from a superhero movie.

2. A lot of people only buy PS for sports games

3. A lot of people only buy PS for CoD

4. A lot of weirdos in both the west and Japan buy PS for little girl panty simulators and nothing else

5. A lot of people only buy PS for the GT franchise (which sells almost just as well as Halo usually)

6. Brand loyalty to a product that's been around since they've been kids

7. Ps3 was originally a great piece of media

TL;DR - A lot of people buying it for narrow reasons that sometimes don't involve a lot of different games.

Also, nice bait and switch. Title implies an anti Xbone thread until you read the body.

1. Not really. Lower pricing, focusing on games, and not forcing peripherals has more to do with sony selling more. If anything MS has spent more time and money hyping their console.

2-5. All your opinion. None of it is based on any kind of fact.

6. Xbox has the exact same selling point. Playstation has only been around for 1 gen cycle that Xbox hasn't.

7. PS3 still is the best media machine of last gen as well as holding the title of best gaming machine in terms of quantity and quality of titles at the end of the gen.

TL;DR : You are wrong.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#27nickb25(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 1:52:58 PM
mokmuud posted...

Good point, though Wii and PS3/360 had very different audiences.
#28mokmuudPosted 4/17/2014 1:56:47 PM
nickb25 posted...
mokmuud posted...

All three were good in their own way. All three had good games.
---
#29BSerenityPosted 4/17/2014 1:57:02 PM
nickb25 posted...
mokmuud posted...

You have an excuse for every point against what you claim...
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#30xacebopPosted 4/17/2014 1:57:53 PM
nickb25 posted...
Yet Titanfall on XB1 with a much lower userbase outsells Infamous SS by a good amount - Sony's only major exclusive in a large window.

How come Playstation owners don't buy exclusive video games? Do they just want a 1080p netflix and FIFA device? This is like when Halo 3 outsold nearly every PS3 exclusive combined at the time.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Halo 5 wipes the floor in sales despite being on the slower selling system.

We don't have to buy games. We get them for free.